Austin FC

Bottlecap

what is the full size of the entire pitch?  The standard is 110-115 yards by 70-75 yards, right?  But what is the full extent of the entire grass up to the seating?  

On 3/19/2021 at 2:59 PM, skittlebrau said:

5-1 over OKC Energy in today’s scrimmage.

Copita Tejas preseason tournament announced. The FC Dallas and Dynamo games will be streamed.

was anyone able to watch this?  do we have any feedback from how they played?

A month of road games before the 1st home game in mid-June. Still tying up all the loose ends on the stadium? It was looking pretty badass the last time I was over there, a couple weeks ago. Gonna be a hot one for the home opener, but I'm sure it will be packed to SRO. 

And I count 16 home & 18 away. Is that normal?

Edited by wood

I count 17 and 17.  As for television, I see the all the familiar logos but half the matches have "Regional Broadcast" on them.  Who is that?  Is that like CW or something in Austin or some FSN+ pay-per-match deal or?  I know somebody theorized about local market TV awhile back but I can't find it on this thread.  

5 hours ago, wood said:

A month of road games before the 1st home game in mid-June. Still tying up all the loose ends on the stadium? It was looking pretty badass the last time I was over there, a couple weeks ago. Gonna be a hot one for the home opener, but I'm sure it will be packed to SRO. 

And I count 16 home & 18 away. Is that normal?

Stadium is supposed to be finished mid-April but they need time to hire and train 1000+ game day staff. Which they have to do in small groups because of COVID.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

I count 17 and 17.  As for television, I see the all the familiar logos but half the matches have "Regional Broadcast" on them.  Who is that?  Is that like CW or something in Austin or some FSN+ pay-per-match deal or?  I know somebody theorized about local market TV awhile back but I can't find it on this thread.  

My bad. 17-17.

d2a1f14dc1b9e1a7ed8c3ea4c908689a.jpg

On 3/25/2021 at 9:41 AM, Jerry Callo said:

Just got a picture taken from our seats. f1a23fc750035654809db3d32308f5ed.jpg

This stadium would be the envy of a third to half of the teams in Serie A.

The capacity is bigger than 4 clubs' stadiums and then there are another 5 clubs have capacity in the 20,000s. But as I looked through this link of the clubs and their stadiums (stadii?), that country has tons of eyesores when it comes to calcio cathedrals.

Look through the "Clubs" stadiums.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serie_A#2020–21_season

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 6.56.21 PM.png

22 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Alright the season is getting close and I need to start paying more attention. Who should I be following on Twitter for Austin FC news or for general MLS news?

This Twitter has most of the local media types, Austin FC staff, players and fans who are active. I'm on it, which is the most important thing.

https://twitter.com/i/lists/1297900873448861703?s=20

MLS-wise check out @PaulTenorio, @SamStejskal, @andrew_wiebe, @MattDoyle76, @TomBogert

• Hook 'Em 1