Austin FC

Bottlecap

Watching that match was eerily reminiscent of watching my son's club matches.  No matter how high he advances, he's always on a team that plays great defense for 60 minutes and then lets a goal or two through late.

LAFC without Rossi or (mostly) Vela is concerning, given the outcome.

Not bad. Chased the goal and gave one up, that happens. Won’t be great, but good enough I think. Need a little more up front. Liked Ring, he looks like a player. 

This. Work to do, especially up front. Mistakes that aren’t surprising from a green team that hasn’t played together in real games. I hope we see progression over the next 5-6 matches, to get to an actual competitive position.

7 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

Why is the first home game not until June?  Stadium not ready?

Yep not ready yet. We need to get some points before then because that could be a big hole. I'm watching Colorado and Dallas right now and there should be some points here hopefully.

I didn't see any thing from the forwards (forward?) in first half.  Gallagher seems like he needs to play.  One game sample, of course.  Dominguez has a motor, that's for sure.  Glad to see that.  The back four seem solid enough for MLS.  I am just not sure who is scoring goals.... again, based on this one game sample.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Looked really good at times, but the start of the second half was brutal.

I thought the substitutions Wolf made provided a needed spark towards the end of the match.

It's very early, but after watching La Copita and this match I am concerned about Cecilio.  He hasn't shown much yet.

I really like Ring and Poche.  I think Redes has a bright future.  I think Zan and Gallagher looked good, and need minutes.

10 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Gallagher's the one out of Notre Dame?  He had some wheels.  Liked his effort.

Yeah. He has a great quote in the press conference last week. He talked about being smaller than your traditional striker but also noted that he’s bigger than Josef Martinez.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Pretty impressive to have 1000 times as many viewers as any other game, tbh.

Not sure if serious but I believe the others are in thousands as well, but the guy was just too lazy to type it out.

If I missed the joke I humbly apologize.