Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

48 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Simpson just committed to Clemson. I'm hoping that doesn't have anything to do with Flowe, but it sounds like Oregon is surging. 

Is Flowe signing NSD1 or 2? If it's 1, I think he'll go with Clemson, but if it's 2 I think y'all should really worry about Oregon. Being sold to play next to Thibodaux is a pretty good sell, and it's closer to home. Oregon's defense is pretty damn good. It's not Clemson good, but he'd have to feel good about adding his talent. Jmo

29 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Is Flowe signing NSD1 or 2? If it's 1, I think he'll go with Clemson, but if it's 2 I think y'all should really worry about Oregon. Being sold to play next to Thibodaux is a pretty good sell, and it's closer to home. Oregon's defense is pretty damn good. It's not Clemson good, but he'd have to feel good about adding his talent. Jmo

He's committing on Wednesday. I think he's going to Oregon, Wiltfong just crystal balled him to Oregon. The proximity to home is definitely playing a big role in this. Can't win em all, but I really really wanted Simpson in this class, so not all bad. 

9 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

He's committing on Wednesday. I think he's going to Oregon, Wiltfong just crystal balled him to Oregon. The proximity to home is definitely playing a big role in this. Can't win em all, but I really really wanted Simpson in this class, so not all bad. 

Definitely a great consolation prize, even though he's more than a consolation. Well, at least y'all don't have to play against him. Your class is still absolutely disgusting with or without Flowe. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

- 7 of the top 29

- 11 of the top 100

Incredible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

And the only one from South Carolina is Tyler Venebles.

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Season/2020-Football/Commits/

Capehart is from South Carolina, it he transferred to IMG to elevate his level of competition. 

Looking like UGA or maybe LSU for Burch. I think he should pick LSU, I will never understand these defensive ends choosing to play as an OLB in a 3-4 defense. 

8 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Capehart is from South Carolina, it he transferred to IMG to elevate his level of competition. 

Looking like UGA or maybe LSU for Burch. I think he should pick LSU, I will never understand these defensive ends choosing to play as an OLB in a 3-4 defense. 

Do you know anything about this recent commit? Any reason why he is ranked THAT low?

https://247sports.com/player/trent-howard-46056626/

4 hours ago, rvm96 said:

Do you know anything about this recent commit? Any reason why he is ranked THAT low?

https://247sports.com/player/trent-howard-46056626/

He's supposed to be a pretty decent player, but he's also a legacy, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. His dad played with Dabo. 

And Clemson told Flowe they are done at LB. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

He's supposed to be a pretty decent player, but he's also a legacy, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. His dad played with Dabo. 

Flowe is a stud, but Clemson backup ain't exactly chopped liver either.  Guess this means Flowe to Oregon? USC is a complete clusterfuck

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

So even if Flowe said he wanted to commit, Dabo would say no?

Kiffen will be a pain in the ass for the sec & especially aggy.

From the Ole Miss site yesterday afternoon

4:00 p.m.

I stayed and spoke to Chris Morris' father for about 30 minutes after all of the players had left but Chris. Very interesting story. His father, Melvin, played tailback for Hugh Freeze's first state championship at Briarcrest. He has five boys in high school right now. They all went to West Arkansas this season, but they are from Memphis. They all attended Memphis Freedom Prep last season. You must sit out a season if you transfer from a charter school to another school within that county (Shelby County), so they went to West Memphis.

His youngest son, Tevin Carter, is a quarterback in 10th grade. Tevin is now 6' 3", 215 and has been offered by Florida, Tennessee, FSU, LSU, and plenty more. Ole Miss offered him last week.

His second youngest, CB Tamarius Bell, is also a sophomore. He was offered by Ole Miss last week as well. He holds early offers from Baylor, Texas A&M, Arkansas and now Ole Miss. There are two more twin brothers that are in the 2021 class that play defensive end. Ole Miss has not offered either one yet. But all in all, three brothers hold offers from Ole Miss, wow!

By the way, the father (Melvin) personally trains each kid. Melvin is in his early 30's and looks like he still plays football

53 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Kiffen will be a pain in the ass for the sec & especially aggy.

From the Ole Miss site yesterday afternoon

4:00 p.m.

I stayed and spoke to Chris Morris' father for about 30 minutes after all of the players had left but Chris. Very interesting story. His father, Melvin, played tailback for Hugh Freeze's first state championship at Briarcrest. He has five boys in high school right now. They all went to West Arkansas this season, but they are from Memphis. They all attended Memphis Freedom Prep last season. You must sit out a season if you transfer from a charter school to another school within that county (Shelby County), so they went to West Memphis.

His youngest son, Tevin Carter, is a quarterback in 10th grade. Tevin is now 6' 3", 215 and has been offered by Florida, Tennessee, FSU, LSU, and plenty more. Ole Miss offered him last week.

His second youngest, CB Tamarius Bell, is also a sophomore. He was offered by Ole Miss last week as well. He holds early offers from Baylor, Texas A&M, Arkansas and now Ole Miss. There are two more twin brothers that are in the 2021 class that play defensive end. Ole Miss has not offered either one yet. But all in all, three brothers hold offers from Ole Miss, wow!

By the way, the father (Melvin) personally trains each kid. Melvin is in his early 30's and looks like he still plays football

Papa was a rolling stone 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Melvin is in his early 30's

He has five boys in high school right now

His youngest son, Tevin Carter, is a quarterback in 10th grade

His second youngest, CB Tamarius Bell, is also a sophomore

Early 30s says max 33 to me, so he had 5 kids between 15-18.

Wow.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2867097-early-national-signing-day-2019-dates-top-cfb-prospects-and-tv-schedule

Early National Signing Day 2019: Dates, Top CFB Prospects and TV Schedule

ROB GOLDBERG.      DECEMBER 16, 2019

The early national signing period has transformed college football, with the upcoming week expected to play a major role in the future landscape of the sport.  About 80 percent of FBS signees in 2018 committed during the early period last December, per Barton Simmons of CBS Sports, removing most of the late flips that used to be extremely prevalent across the recruiting world. It has also kept the pressure high for each team to secure the best class possible.  While fans thought this could be a chance to rest before the start of bowl season, they better be prepared for loads of drama.  

Early Signing Period

Dates: Dec. 18-20

TV Coverage: ESPN2 (Dec. 18 at 10 a.m. - noon ET), ESPNU (Dec. 18 at 12-3 p.m. ET)

Live Stream: WatchESPN

Notable Commitments: 

• LB Phillip Webb: Wednesday, Dec. 18, at 11 a.m. ET
  • ILB Justin Flowe: Wednesday, Dec. 18, at 1 p.m. ET
  • DE Jordan Burch: Thursday, Dec. 19, at 12:45 p.m. ET

Full commitment schedule available at 247Sports.  

Top Players to Watch

Bryan Bresee, DT

There shouldn't be much drama involved with Bryan Bresee, who committed to Clemson last April. Still, the Tigers will be excited to see the defensive tackle officially sign his letter of intent.  Bresee is considered the No. 1 prospect in the 2020 class, per 247Sports, with the type of size (6'5", 290 lbs.) that will allow him to quickly transition to the next level.  The Maryland native has been a man among boys throughout his high school career, making plays both on the defensive line as well as at running back:

The strength and athleticism will play regardless of competition, while he should continue to develop his technique to get into the backfield with regularity.  Considering the Tigers' ability to develop defensive line prospects before getting them to the NFL—including Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence and Clelin Ferrell—Bresee could be in good shape with this program.  With an in-home visit last week, the commitment to Clemson appears solid.    

Justin Flowe, ILB

There is no question Justin Flowe is an impact player as the No. 4 overall prospect in the 2020 class and the top-ranked inside linebacker in the country, per 247Sports. The only debate is where he will play at the next level.  After receiving dozens of offers from around the country and narrowing it down to some of the top programs in the sport, Oregon, Clemson and USC seemingly remain the top contenders to eventually land the California native.  Though Clemson is always a tough team to beat in recruiting, Oregon might have the leg up.  "According to sources familiar with Flowe's recruitment, the Ducks have emerged as the favorite leading up to his decision," per Andrew Nemec of Oregon Live.  The linebacker visited Eugene at the end of November, and it might've been enough to sway his decision. 

Whoever gets Flowe will be adding an elite defensive player with good speed and the ability to cover from sideline to sideline.     

Jordan Burch, DE

Another elite defensive player and another player considering Clemson.  Jordan Burch is one of the top defensive ends in the class with enough size to make coaches salivate at 6'5", 275 pounds. He is also an advanced player with the ability to beat nearly any lineman one-on-one, using a variety of moves.  This has helped make him the No. 5 overall player in the class, per 247Sports.  Still, there is plenty of uncertainty about what school will eventually sign the talented player. He narrowed his list to a top five of LSU, Georgia, Clemson, Alabama and his native South Carolina in October and has given little indication about his lean since then.  "There are a couple of prospects every cycle that have a shroud of mystery around them as far as what they are going to do," 247Sports' Steve Wiltfong said, via Lou Bezjak of The State. "We saw it with Arik Gilbert (who committed to LSU) and also with Burch."

The Columbia native could stay local, but all of SEC country plus Clemson is in play for the young player.

Edited by LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Frog board on QJ

EL4n28hWkAEeW1b?format=jpg&name=smallEL4n3hQXYAAUqPc?format=jpg&name=360x360

Reveal hidden contents

EL4n35MXYAUB72Q?format=jpg&name=360x360

The hardest part of this one for Texas is how much QJ dislikes the recruiting process and desire to end it on NSD1. Would be ideal for him to sit tight for February and build a relationship with his new coaches. 

Dang this found by @satyanash 

Looking to fill that hole left by Gallimore’s graduation. This seems like it should do the trick.
Quote Tweet
uhGUqEJA_normal.jpg ok sooner. @CCMachine

BOOM! 2020 JUCO DT Josh Ellison has committed to the Oklahoma #Sooners! OU now has commitments from the No. 1 and No. 2 JUCO DTs for the 2020 class https://crimsonandcreammachine.com/2019/12/16/21023895/oklahoma-football-recruiting-2020-juco-dt-josh-ellison-blinn-college-station?utm_campaign=crimsonandcreammachine&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
10:53 AM · Dec 16, 2019·
Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Looking to fill that hole left by Gallimore’s graduation. This seems like it should do the trick.
Quote Tweet

BOOM! 2020 JUCO DT Josh Ellison has committed to the Oklahoma #Sooners! OU now has commitments from the No. 1 and No. 2 JUCO DTs for the 2020 class https://crimsonandcreammachine.com/2019/12/16/21023895/oklahoma-football-recruiting-2020-juco-dt-josh-ellison-blinn-college-station?utm_campaign=crimsonandcreammachine&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

It's in the OU thread, dude

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Quote Tweet

Got trapdoored by A&M

16 minutes ago, Fud said:

This isn't a surprise. He told the LSU coaches he was flipping a few weeks ago. 

Yep, from what I understand, it was mutual between Greene and LSU. It would seem that LSU is making room for recruits they like better, but this is the second safety they sent packing so they better be sure that they are getting these other kids...