Jump to content
Dropout

Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Recommended Posts

Wow this is the first time I have been on this thread.  I really, rally didn't know how very, very interested so many Republicans are in assisting Bernie in his fight. 

Bernie will be Bernie and fight on!  Then hopefully next week after total destruction in Florida he will finally start realizing he has been helping Trump more than the Dems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Wow this is the first time I have been on this thread.  I really, rally didn't know how very, very interested so many Republicans are in assisting Bernie in his fight. 

Bernie will be Bernie and fight on!  Then hopefully next week after total destruction in Florida he will finally start realizing he has been helping Trump more than the Dems.

something something Russia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm not interested in going into this during this primary season or using it to conspiracy theorize. Happy to see grandpa take an ass-kicking right now.

But we need major small-d democratic reforms going forward, and massive discrepancies like this are a real problem. As are huge voting lines, voter ID requirements, kicking people off of rolls, lack of same-day registration, etc...

It's 2020, there's no excuse for any of this shit to case doubt on our democratic processes.

We have a ton of house-cleaning to do before we worry about an office building full of Russian teenagers with computers.

 

  Hide contents

And I know the bad faith trolls will respond to this as if I'm making excuses, but I'm not. I hesitate to even bring it up because of the bad faith trolls, but I'm a fan of transparent democracy and we should figure it out.

 

People don’t use exit polls to stage coups. They are historically unreliable or else I somehow missed the years of President John Kerry. There’s no conspiracy here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie needs to stay all the way, no matter how badly he loses.

It's alarming that he's the only one saying this.

We are in the middle of a global pandemic and the presumptive Democratic nominee's plan is to HOPEFULLY get 97% of people covered.

It's a fucking crime.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

 

the trick is to say whatever you need to in order to get elected, then spend money on whatever the fuck you feel like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

the trick is to say whatever you need to in order to get elected, then spend money on whatever the fuck you feel like. 

I hope you are right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grandpa Bernie has a fireside chat tonight at 6:30 Central - live.berniesanders.com

He's not a charming man, but his brain works very well and he's got a deep system understanding of why we're in the tragically unprepared state we are currently in and how we can avoid it in the future.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Biff Tannen

Lying is bad for the soul, Biff. :(

Bernie is using his fundraising machine to raise money for COVID-related charities and either hit or got near $3M last night. He's counter-programming Trump by getting millions of views for COVID-related town halls with speakers from medical experts to faith leaders to city planners to international leaders to Congressmen/women. (And yes, 2 songs from a musical artist to fill time between speakers.)

You can dismiss the importance of mass mobilization, and that's a perfectly fine corporate-centrist view to have, but that's Bernie's ethos and play. So that's what he's doing. Mobilizing masses of people via organization.

Due to social distancing and quarantining, there can't be any action in the streets, but without the threat of COVID that would be part of the equation as well.

If you aren't seeing anything from Bernie it's because you're not looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So.....when does Bernie announce he's out now that Covid-19 is delaying the inevitable. I guess on one hand it's noble to keep playing the part of a legitimate contender because he's providing wages and benefits to a bunch of staffers and employees during these uncertain times.

He's essentially the political version of when Western Kentucky was paid 1.3mm to get slaughtered by Alabama. There is some nobility in trying hard and earning a payday for your people, even though you are thoroughly out-gunned and out of your league. Western Kentucky still has fans who want to watch the game and who have bought the merch. And hey, miracles can happen, and if they do, their one moment in life is to revolt openly in the streets with guillotines rush the field.

Edited by Rougarou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

When he's eliminated mathematically from the race, I imagine.

Good for him. Take his time, soak it all in, he's clearly not going to be around for 2024 so the fact he's using his influence and platform to a) help his successors (e.g. Squad DJ parties on Zoom, fundraising, TikTok videos for clout, etc.) and b) paying/propping up some of the people most likely affected by Covid (e.g. bar tenders, waiters/servers, extremely online college graduates without good industry or corporate experience and/or polish and soft skills to get those jobs) is filling a void right now 🤪

I'm obviously having a little fun at The Bernie Hendrix Experience right now, but the truth is it was an amazing run in the public eye and capturing the hearts and minds of a certain subset of society and demographic from 2015- Now. What's even more amazing is his history over the last 50 years or whatever it is. He really is someone to be looked up to, as a paragon of integrity and honesty to oneself. 

My personal opinion is that his movement largely dies with him because he's a cult of personality and nobody can take up his mantle or be passed the torch or whatever. DSA hasn't drafted well in anticipation of Bernie aging and retiring after being the star quarterback who just couldn't quite win the Super Bowl but was pretty great about selling merch and putting butts in the seat.

Edited by Rougarou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for all the talk of bernie "figuratively" pulling the party to the left in a non-quantifiable way, you can absolutely see the impact he (his policies and priorities) had on the stimulus package.  a package driven by and negotiated by people you would never call "radical left" or "ultra-progressive" types (despite what fox news would have you believe).

if the leaked points are accurate, bernie's fingerprints are all over this.  and yes, i mean it in a very good way.

well done applause GIF

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Good for him. Take his time, soak it all in, he's clearly not going to be around for 2024 so the fact he's using his influence and platform to a) help his successors (e.g. Squad DJ parties on Zoom, fundraising, TikTok videos for clout, etc.) and b) paying/propping up some of the people most likely affected by Covid (e.g. bar tenders, waiters/servers, extremely online college graduates without good industry or corporate experience and/or polish and soft skills to get those jobs) is filling a void right now 🤪

I'm obviously having a little fun at The Bernie Hendrix Experience right now, but the truth is it was an amazing run in the public eye and capturing the hearts and minds of a certain subset of society and demographic from 2015- Now. What's even more amazing is his history over the last 50 years or whatever it is. He really is someone to be looked up to, as a paragon of integrity and honesty to oneself. 

My personal opinion is that his movement largely dies with him because he's a cult of personality and nobody can take up his mantle or be passed the torch or whatever. DSA hasn't drafted well in anticipation of Bernie aging and retiring after being the star quarterback who just couldn't quite win the Super Bowl but was pretty great about selling merch and putting butts in the seat.

You should spend some of this downtime reflecting on what drives you internally. Specifically, what inside you makes you find such enjoyment in punching down at the lower working class and young people.

Might be instructive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

You should spend some of this downtime reflecting on what drives you internally. Specifically, what inside you makes you find such enjoyment in punching down at the lower working class and young people.

Might be instructive.

There is no downtime when you aren't the lower working class or young; when you have a family that depend on you and responsibilities and have attempted to live and operate the right way, the byproduct of China Bat Soup Virus (or any other black swan event, because we live in a House of Cards) is economic anxiety and the only way to keep economic anxiety at bay right now is to stay busy by doubling down and working harder than ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

There is no downtime when you aren't the lower working class or young; when you have a family that depend on you and responsibilities and have attempted to live and operate the right way, the byproduct of China Bat Soup Virus (or any other black swan event, because we live in a House of Cards) is economic anxiety and the only way to keep economic anxiety at bay right now is to stay busy by doubling down and working harder than ever.

Once again I wish I could write satire this good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Once again I wish I could write satire this good. 

It's a flavor of Protestant Work Ethic and Stoicism that Jonathan Swift would have done a good treatment on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

There is no downtime when you aren't the lower working class or young; when you have a family that depend on you and responsibilities and have attempted to live and operate the right way, the byproduct of China Bat Soup Virus (or any other black swan event, because we live in a House of Cards) is economic anxiety and the only way to keep economic anxiety at bay right now is to stay busy by doubling down and working harder than ever.

Dunking on broke young people on the Internet to support my family The Right Way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Dunking on broke young people on the Internet to support my family The Right Way.

I mean, I guess you can't poke fun or have gallows humor because everything is so somber and serious all the time around Bernie. I literally noted that I was poking a little bit of light fun at what Bernie's been doing now that he's Dead Man Walking to be a nominee while giving honest and earnest praise to the man himself and what he's done politically and, really, as his life work.

Just tell me it's too soon to joke and I will respect that. I was despondent for a good 8-10 days when Yang dropped out despite knowing it was a 99.99999% eventuality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie needs to stay in because the way JB is looking in these soft ball interviews the wheels may be starting to wobble on the wagon.  Also watch the draft Andrew Cuomo bandwagon start to gain momentum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bernie interview coming up on cnn.

if you don't remember, bernie sanders is a us senator from vermont and is also running for president.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mental masturbation question and exercise:

@bad_teammate; if someone had a magic lamp and said 100% Bernie Sanders would be President for 2020-2024 and would get to enact the top 3 policies that you've championed on these threads over the past year, but you have to get the Corona virus and have a 50% chance of dying. Would you do it?

Edited by Rougarou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rougarou said:

Mental masturbation question and exercise:

@bad_teammate; would you get Corona virus and have a 50% of dying if it meant that 100% Bernie Sanders would be President for 2020-2024 and would get to enact the top 3 policies that you've championed on these threads over the past year?

If we could get Bernie's version of the Green New Deal, Medicare4All, and College for All?

I would hogtie me and Bernie together and force him to take a nap with me on a pallet of tannerite being shot at by hootin' and hollerin' MAGA boys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If we could get Bernie's version of the Green New Deal, Medicare4All, and College for All?

I would hogtie me and Bernie together and force him to take a nap with me on a pallet of tannerite being shot at by hootin' and hollerin' MAGA boys.

+rep for having to google "tannerite"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...