TexasHooch

San Antonio

3 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Any recs - Mexican or BBQ - in the NW San Antonio area?  We'll be near SeaWorld for a weekend in Dec.

Tacos N Salsa on 1604 near 10. Great breakfast tacos

1 hour ago, StruggleBus said:

Skip Sea world and go play a round of golf at Hill Country Resort

My fave course in SA 

There is a palenque out there.. They are from Laredo but they might have the best fast food mex in sa

10 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Skip Sea world and go play a round of golf at Hill Country Resort

We're there for a family reunion.  Not even going to Sea World.  In Friday ; out Sunday.

The sea world area ( 151 ) is a shit show of chain restaurants.   Rudy's is the best bbq over there.  There's the before mentioned Palenque, mama Margie's and Las palapas which are average fast Tex Mex.  Go a little farther to wapo taco. It's a small place, probably can't take the entire reunion there.

BTW, if you're willing to travel a little outside town, La Cabana in Lakehills is also pretty good.  We always eat there when I'm visiting my Dad (he lives there by Medina Lake).

I'm usually not a fan of Mexican rice...I douse it with salsa to make it better.  But, I really like theirs.  No need to doctor it up.

Those Taco Palenque tortillas is where it’s at.

I used to take clients to steakhouse dinner in McAllen that would be considered average at best and then hit up Palenque on way to hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk