Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Flashback to crippling 15 year old hangovers

Oh yeah?  How did it taste?  I'll admit I never actually drank any.

However, I was at The Posse the night the rep for whichever distributor handled Miller at the time, when they were offering free samples of their new product "Miller Clear".  It was really awful but, me being a poor broke college undergrad and all, I pretended to like the pint, and had the rep give me a whole pitcher.  I hesitantly choked it down but a buddy arrived, took one sip of it from an extra cup, literally spit-gagged the whole thing out in front of the rep, and said "that's the worst shit I've ever tasted."

I still finished off the pitcher though.  #noshame

Edited by utee94

8 hours ago, utee94 said:

Oh yeah?  How did it taste?  I'll admit I never actually drank any.

However, I was at The Posse the night the rep for whichever distributor handled Miller at the time, when they were offering free samples of their new product "Miller Clear".  It was really awful but, me being a poor broke college undergrad and all, I pretended to like the pint, and had the rep give me a whole pitcher.  I hesitantly choked it down but a buddy arrived, took one sip of it from an extra cup, literally spit-gagged the whole thing out in front of the rep, and said "that's the worst shit I've ever tasted."

I still finished off the pitcher though.  #noshame

That was a long time ago, but I remember it being bad.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Love San Diego!! 5 dollar Pliny earlier and now at Modern times. Great beers

I love Modern Times, but they can go suck it when it comes to pricing at the tap rooms in doubling the price of what retail cans go for.  Same for the barrel aged beers.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 9:32 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Dear mother of pearl..... SA hit it out of the park with BB24. Incredible for 14.2%. If you like BA Stouts, buy a bunch.... this is a stellar beer. 

DR18 is the best SA beer I've had so I have high hopes for BB24. Will look for some today.

On 8/23/2019 at 9:12 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Weathered Souls is such a shitty brewery. I hope their brewery goes out of business soon and all of the employees families end out on the streets

fuck that piece of shit homebrew operation

All that hate’s gonna burn you up, kid. 

MSM already owned like 40% of it, and Founder's has been angling towards mass expansion and nobody even buys CBS anymore, so this barely registers. I was at the brewery a month ago and its a zoo. Even with a personal connection to it, I'm fine with them going Sam Adams with it. Also they're a kinda racist so maybe this shifts the narrative.

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Alluvial in Ames. Just got in for tomorrow’s game. One of my favorite breweries. Situated next to a plot of tall grass prairie north of town. Great beer too.

31f178fc3f038bff1289966988c02640.jpg

What's up with that green beer in the back?  Did I pass out all the way to St. Patrick's Day?