Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

Yes, I’m in Dallas and got those cans from a friend who was in Oklahoma. Having said that I did see where OnTap here had a keg of Terpy Citra a few weeks ago (though I heard that batch was not very good compared to it canned...which was great) so maybe we shall start seeing more around here (at least in kegs)?

• Like 1

Yes, I’m in Dallas and got those cans from a friend who was in Oklahoma. Having said that I did see where OnTap here had a keg of Terpy Citra a few weeks ago (though I heard that batch was not very good compared to it canned...which was great) so maybe we shall start seeing more around here (at least in kegs)?

I meant On Rotation.

8 hours ago, After irth said:

Anybody enjoying any good Marzens now that the stores have told us that it's Fall?

Did a blind taste-test between the Karbach, Real Ale, Shiner, and then threw Spaten in the mix to represent the old guard.  Karbach was the hands-down winner do to the flavor and impressive balance.  Shiner came in last, which was really surprising.  Spaten came in third simply because it wasn't as balanced as the Real Ale, but I will always keep Spaten on-hand for those cold-weather patio days.

Don't even get me started on the continued abomination of Sam Adams.....

Ayinger and Paulaner are my favorites. Picked up a sixer of Paulaner tonight actually.

12 minutes ago, After irth said:

Paulaner was always the standard for me.   Not available in my current area, though. Don’t think I’ve ever even had Ayinger before. Will check it out. 

Yeah, Paulaner is my go to when I need to cleanse my palate of some of the bad attempts at the style I've had. No Label makes one of the worst I've ever had. To call it a Märzen is an abomination.

10 hours ago, deft said:

No label makes some of the worst in any style I’ve ever had. Possibly in the world.

But then there strangeland.

It's unfortunate because I want to like them since they are close to my house and have a good setup for families. They just have nothing that stands out. The Perpetual Peace is solid, but isn't year round.

You're supposed to NOT drink Oklahoma beers when playing Oklahoma teams you jackwagon.  I'm 87.2% confident that you and your brother directly caused the two fumbled punts that resulted in this game being close instead of a blowout.

You are hereby sentenced to drinking nothing but Texas beers for the next 3 months of the year, and may God have mercy on your souls.

• Like 3

Do not besmirch our tried and true tested system of beer mojo. The good news for you though is that I couldn’t possibly put together any kind of West Virginia beer slate and the following weekend will be the lesser beer options (available in wax paper cups) that we get out at Fair Park.

1 hour ago, Okie State said:

In-laws just got back from Prague.

Them: 'They say they have the best beer in the world'.

Me: 'How was it?'

Them: 'Oh we didn't have any.'

Don’t press them for more info. They were probably there for the hookers and blow.

• Like 1

Suggestions for breweries (or bottle shops) to hit up in Los Angeles. Specifically between LAX and downtown. I'm there for a few days and would like to bring back a few bottles that I can't get in Texas. 

Edited by CBT