If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

9 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Nobody gonna comment on Bob saying that Sam will be as embraced as Vince when his career at Texas is over?

Bob clearly has minimal personal contact with UT alums. I've seen him mention on twitter that he rarely sees UT fans/alums in his neighborhood or the areas he visits. For whatever reason he seems to have more personal connection to A&M football, be it their membership in the SEC or the people he hangs around and knows. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Bob has always been an aggy lean. He got enamoured with aggy traditions pretty early on. I'd imagine it reminded him of Wisconsin football. He's gone to multiple games at Kyle Field. I always chuckle when he says he's college football Switzerland. It wouldn't shock me if he says his oldest is going there next year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Bob has always been an aggy lean. He got enamoured with aggy traditions pretty early on. I'd imagine it reminded him of Wisconsin football. He's gone to multiple games at Kyle Field. I always chuckle when he says he's college football Switzerland. It wouldn't shock me if he says his oldest is going there next year. 

it's the Gribble effect.  no question.  Gribble was Red Ass and it rubbed off on Bob.

the children of Bob, Dan, and Corby can't get into Texas, so there's no reason to invest time learning about the University or taking trips to Austin to tour the campus, see a game, etc.  

17 minutes ago, threesheets said:

Jesus, y'all are canceling Bob now?  Lol.

Bob is at the top of my list of Ticket host, but like mdmost noted he's not entirely as neutral as he claims when it comes to college football. More than anything he's annoys me with his incessant need to view all things CFB through the lens of NFL potential. It leads to him overvaluing the SEC overrating their teams. You can tell in his analysis that he hasn't watched Ehlinger play much throughout his career outside of 2 or 3 games a year. 

Bob isn't "Switzerland" as he claims. I like his sports opinions and listening to him on BaD and now the Hardline, but it's irritating when he claims neutrality.  Just own it that you are a fan of aggy.  That's far less annoying than claiming "I'm Switzerland." The excitement in his voice when they discussed the aggy/Florida game was obvious.  He just needs to own up and admit he drank the white "Kool-Aid" aggy offered him during a visit to The Shithole of Texas Collie Station, get some maroon, and quit pretending.

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Let me clue you into something. He doesn’t overrate the SEC.  Texas fans perpetually dismiss the SEC while we go 7-5 every year, and they win championships and put players in the NFL. Bitching about Bob for being pro SEC is dumb. 

I do find it irritating how he views CFB through the lens of NFL potential. Totally. You should have stopped there. 

I get what you're saying and you're right, it's true that most of us Longhorn fans reflexively diminish the SEC because of how much media hype they've received since about 2007 or 2008 or there abouts. But Bob has no historical perspective wrt to CFB and he literally elevates any and every SEC school to a level far beyond that school's actual pedigree. You can tell he's not a guy who actually followed college football as a kid, mostly due to Wisconsin sucking for pretty much all of his formative years. And he's really only gotten into college football in the last decade to 15 years as he's attempted to become a pseudo scout/draft evaluator. Just the other day when he and Corby were discussing Leach's win over LSU he alluded to the idea that Miss St. was some sort of prominent program on a level that dwarfs Texas Tech. Corby correctly and immediately rejected that claim out to halfcourt. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

25 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Sirios again in for Dan. Wow. 

he absolutely has the rona at this point, right?

then again there is a very real chance he is one of those people who think that vaccines give you autism and he refused to get the flu shot (it is out there) and got the full blown flu

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Every time I tune into hard line Corby grates on me. I think I may be done with the hard line. Weird.

I haven’t listened all week. I listened to E-News yesterday but that’s it. 

And yep, Dan and Jake confirm the rona. Dan’s is bad. He can only muster 15 minutes to do picks with friends. 

26 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I haven’t listened all week. I listened to E-News yesterday but that’s it. 

And yep, Dan and Jake confirm the rona. Dan’s is bad. He can only muster 15 minutes to do picks with friends. 

Did they confirm it? Sounded like they were kidding around but I had to drop off for a Zoom call. I wasn't really paying close attention.

Jake + Sirois is a very good combination.

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Did they confirm it? Sounded like they were kidding around but I had to drop off for a Zoom call. I wasn't really paying close attention.

Jake + Sirois is a very good combination.

from someone on reddit:

He all but confirmed it on Picks with Friends. Said he has a virus “you may have heard about in the news”...with the other hints he dropped last week, pretty confident he has it. Sounds like he’s still dealing w the fatigue symptoms, not up to doing a full 3 hours yet. I look forward to the full report when he’s back full steam.

59 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

yeah, that's what i heard.  Dan said he had a virus that you may have heard about.  Jake said something to the effect of he had it too.

Corby says that, if his kids go to Texas or aggy, he ain't paying for it.

I say the same about aggy and Baylor. At least normal kids go to OU.

7 hours ago, RPM said:

The only bit of Hardline I listen to is what makes the Top 10 podcast and I skip most of those.

Joel Klatt is really the only Hartline i look forward to anymore. Bob and corby have zero chemistry. I thought they would find a groove of some sort. They haven't.

And every time he calls for an interstitial during sturm center I want to punch his big sports brain.  

• Hook 'Em 1

little tense there as to who was Patient Zero.  Dan and Jake both had COVID.  but which one infected the other?  Jake didn't really want to go there.

Dan called them the COVID Boys.  Jake not thrilled. i guess it's a question of when did Jake know he had it and did he possibly infect others that he hung out with during that time.

Edited by Jive Turkey