Sbbruin

The Andy Griffith Show

Posted (edited)

"The Manicurist" comes on TV Land at 6:30.

Edited by RPM

On 1/10/2020 at 7:35 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

Only tangentially related, but if anybody gets a chance to see the movie that put Andy Griffith on the map, "A Face in the Crowd,"  WATCH it.  Really a great movie and a different side of Andy's acting chops.  Directed by the immortal Elia Kazan.

Got to see this, pretty cool to see him as a drunk hobo. It's been playing on the Movies! Channel

Posted (edited)

Watching the one where Andy gets pissy cuz Peg has a college buddy over.  Joanna Moore was her real name.  Never realized she was Tatum O’Neal’s mother.  According to Wikipedia she had something like 5-6 DUIs.  She sounds like a party.  She was certainly hot af.

Edited by Sbbruin

19 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Watching the one where Andy gets pissy cuz Peg has a college buddy over.  Joanna Moore was her real name.  Never realized she was Tatum O’Neal’s mother.  According to Wikipedia she had something like 5-6 DUIs.  She sounds like a party.  She was certainly hot af.

She was the overall hottest girlfriend Andy had. Bet she was a handful in rl, too.

25 minutes ago, Dewey said:

In dat nurses outfit...

and that southern accent...

Watching the one where senior Darling is set on marrying Aunt Bee, "I'll put on my square wheels so we dont get roll'in too fast"

On a side note, could you imagine what Aunt Bee would sound like if ol' Darling put it to her?

I'll neg myself.

55 minutes ago, RPM said:

On a side note, could you imagine what Aunt Bee would sound like if ol' Darling put it to her?

I'll neg myself.

Briscoe tried to give Aunt Bea the business.  Andy wouldn’t have it though.

You know she would have cooked him one hell of a breakfast.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RPM said:

I'll neg myself.

"Meat!" 

Edited by NWBuck

11 hours ago, RPM said:

I'll neg myself.

I don’t have to imagine it at all.

56 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I don’t have to imagine it at all.

Well now..... sounds like a Frances Bavier, 2 ships passing in the night story in there...

Watching “Up in Barney’s room” where Barney gets tossed from his room for cooking.  It’s one of at least 5 or 6 episodes where Barney gets loaded.  In this one it’s because his sweet cider turned hard.

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Barney’s Sidecar is another outstanding episode.

Checkpoint Chickie

No Time for Sergeants comes on TCM at 10:45 this morning. Pre-AGS Andy at his "country dumb" best.

23 hours ago, RPM said:

No Time for Sergeants comes on TCM at 10:45 this morning. Pre-AGS Andy at his "country dumb" best.

This movie never gets old.

"Hello.....helloooo?"

23 hours ago, RPM said:

Such a great flick.

On 4/24/2020 at 7:57 PM, Sbbruin said:

Briscoe tried to give Aunt Bea the business.  Andy wouldn’t have it though.

Well, it seems I was watching a replay.  Bruin had, it seems, seen the episode in an earlier broadcast. 

Everyone needs to chill, Briscoe said he'd put his square wheels on so'd they wouldn't get rolling so fast.