Rick Perry: From Aggy Animal Science to Nukes

atomheartbevo

Actually as I got notified this thread was revived.  I think we can safely say that much of our country (the GOP) has been " Aggieized."

To the rest of the civilized world ... "From the outside you can't understand it, and from the inside you can't explain it." 

In fact is that It is now impossible to be smart, and care about this country more than the Republican party and get through a GOP primary.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Been saying for a long time:  aggy is maga, maga is aggy.  They're the exact same fucking thing. 

Which is what blows my mind about the supposed longhorns on this board that have been taken in by the right.  They have become aggy and they somehow don't see it.  They are identical.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Rudy:  "But Mr. President, his background is Animal Sciences, not law or history or the Constitution or anything like that."

Trump:  "How the fuck did he get to be my Secretary of Energy?" 

Rudy:  "Yeah, I didn't wanna say anything at the time..." 

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

It's actually a refreshing departure from long posts.  It's just a quick anecdote that I had long forgotten about.  It really could be worthy of a FB/DT post, but I know it would hurt some feelings.  And I don't expect blacklab to remember this (and it may have been around the time immamac grabbed the wheel as well).  But this was late 2017 when the bidding was going on for Los Alamos.  I helped a small, tiny, miniature amount (that's what she said) with the UT System bid (not on the engineering or legal side anyway because I'm slow, mostly some real estate and lobbying).  Anyway, because of some questionable posts that could be linked back to me, I asked them delete the "Cruiser" account for a good while, which I'm sure most of you very much appreciated the break from.  And they did, so I was gone for basically Summer 2017-Summer 2018, the golden era of Shaggy.  But most everyone knew that Perry would rig it for A&M but it was a good experience for UT System to do this, and they'll get one down the road.  But lotta rumors swirled around A&M, Perry, Trump, The Saudis, Qatar, & UAE.  I wasn't terribly in the loop so didn't' think much of it, but this news cycle brings back a lot of 20/20 hindsight.  I'll get shit from our resident Trump/Perry ball-washers and RexBeeperHouse will be along shortly to insist I'm over reaching, but it really was why I left originally.  Here's my oldest in the Chancellor's seat at the time before we pushed off for Los Alamos soon after:

/csb

IMG_2236.JPG

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Chris Dishman's Donut said:

My bride (no pics, don't ask) tells me that I spent way too much time on coursework in undergrad.  But how in the blue hell do you go through your last 2.5 years of college with zero 'A's?

It’s not as difficult as you make it seem

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

It's actually a refreshing departure from long posts.  It's just a quick anecdote that I had long forgotten about.  It really could be worthy of a FB/DT post, but I know it would hurt some feelings.  And I don't expect blacklab to remember this (and it may have been around the time immamac grabbed the wheel as well).  But this was late 2017 when the bidding was going on for Los Alamos.  I helped a small, tiny, miniature amount (that's what she said) with the UT System bid (not on the engineering or legal side anyway because I'm slow, mostly some real estate and lobbying).  Anyway, because of some questionable posts that could be linked back to me, I asked them delete the "Cruiser" account for a good while, which I'm sure most of you very much appreciated the break from.  And they did, so I was gone for basically Summer 2017-Summer 2018, the golden era of Shaggy.  But most everyone knew that Perry would rig it for A&M but it was a good experience for UT System to do this, and they'll get one down the road.  But lotta rumors swirled around A&M, Perry, Trump, The Saudis, Qatar, & UAE.  I wasn't terribly in the loop so didn't' think much of it, but this news cycle brings back a lot of 20/20 hindsight.  I'll get shit from our resident Trump/Perry ball-washers and RexBeeperHouse will be along shortly to insist I'm over reaching, but it really was why I left originally.  Here's my oldest in the Chancellor's seat at the time before we pushed off for Los Alamos soon after:

/csb

IMG_2236.JPG

Interesting.

Did you happen to speak to a Los Alamos guy over drinks? Did he happen to give you any inside info?