shnsajax

2019 No-No Watch

No hitters thrown before 1980 by the guys on the first

Awesome for Fiers.  I'll always remember watching his first one, with the Astros.  It was a magical night during Houston's breakthrough season.

3 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Awesome for Fiers.  I'll always remember watching his first one, with the Astros.  It was a magical night during Houston's breakthrough season.

Fiers frustrated the hell out of me the later part of 2017, but he and Peacock put the team on their backs in June / early July when it seemed the entire staff was on the DL.  I'll always appreciate that.

12 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

No one other than Nolan Ryan had a no-hitter before 1980?

2a50d727ae8a99c98d0a903bf3baae6f.jpg

awkwardly worded but correct statement, so I won't give you the 'reading is fundamental' treatment.  but henry was pointing out the oddness of making some list that looks like a 'career' list for a bunch a people when it cuts off the #1 guy's hero years:  "most no hitters using the same list before 1980"

6 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Fiers frustrated the hell out of me the later part of 2017, but he and Peacock put the team on their backs in June / early July when it seemed the entire staff was on the DL.  I'll always appreciate that.

So heart-warming.  Thanks for sharing.

3 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

awkwardly worded but correct statement, so I won't give you the 'reading is fundamental' treatment.  but henry was pointing out the oddness of making some list that looks like a 'career' list for a bunch a people when it cuts off the #1 guy's hero years:  "most no hitters using the same list before 1980"

correct.

the casual viewer seeing a list like that would think nolan was just one ahead of a group including homer bailey and mike fiers.  was just an odd cutoff, made i'm sure to keep the graphic an appropriate size.

nolan's 7 no-hitters is one of several mlb records that will never ever be broken.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

So heart-warming.  Thanks for sharing.

is this your first encounter with houston sports fans?  we have battered wife syndrome and can get very emotional.

On 5/9/2019 at 12:57 AM, henrygandorf said:

is this your first encounter with houston sports fans?  we have battered wife syndrome and can get very emotional.

No, he’s just a miserable prick.  It’s his thing.

On 5/12/2019 at 5:13 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

No, he’s just a miserable prick.  It’s his thing.

I think you just killed Alanis.

Texas A&M freshman pitcher Chris Weber  has a no hitter going through 7.  Send your juju to wreck it

and there it goes... 7.1 IP, and UGA knocks one by the SS. 106 pitches. Damn impressive.

Anibal for Wash is perfect through 5 on 62 Ps with a 14-run lead. First game back off the IL though, so probably can’t go long. 

21 minutes ago, Limp Brisket said:

Red’s Castillo through 6 against Brewers.

Way to jinx him.  Brewers got a hit in the 7th.  

There are times I don’t really know why I spend so much time living/breathing sports...and then I spend a couple of hours witnessing what I just watched and I remember.

never cried because of a no-no until tonight. kelley mash was actually pretty tore up herself while interviewing Trout after the game, and i was right there with her. what an emotional night.

Posted (edited)

never cried because of a no-no until tonight. kelley nash was actually pretty torn up herself while interviewing Trout after the game, and i was right there with her. what an emotional night.

Edited by Goo Punch

Hate that mlb network showing orioles feed. Need the excitement of the team throwing it.

Just now, Scraps said:

Hate that mlb network showing orioles feed. Need the excitement of the team throwing it.

MLB app has all games free this weekend, I chose the Tampa feed.