2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets

BigOrange1

2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/19 at 07:45 PM

34 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Surprised you're picking the Warriors 😛 The Rockets' chances of pulling off the win have never been better, especially with Paul healthy and Klay Thompson injured.

Klay had his ankle plowed into and turned almost 90 degrees by JR Smith in last year's Finals and barely missed a beat. I never worry about his pain tolerance or ability to play through it.

Steph's chicken legs, on the other hand...

The key to the series, IMO, is if Golden State still has it in them to be the best defense in basketball for 48 minutes, game after game. The personnel is the same as last year, but the bad habits and complacency are more pronounced than ever.

The key to the series, IMO, is if Golden State still has it in them to be the best defense in basketball for 48 minutes, game after game. The personnel is the same as last year, but the bad habits and complacency are more pronounced than ever.

Honest question. By what metric is Golden State the best defense in basketball? They’re middle of the pack in defensive efficiency. Last year they were 9th.

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Honest question. By what metric is Golden State the best defense in basketball? They’re middle of the pack in defensive efficiency. Last year they were 8th.

aggie08's point is that they have the potential to be elite defensively, but they've been middle-of-the-pack because they don't do it consistently.

11 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Honest question. By what metric is Golden State the best defense in basketball? They’re middle of the pack in defensive efficiency. Last year they were 8th.

They were 1st in the playoffs last year. 2nd the postseason before that (1st out of teams who advanced past the first round). When they lock in, they have as good of an argument as anyone. They haven't given a shit about the regular season since KD's first year there (when they led the league in practically every defensive category).

Aside from getting ran out of the gym in Game 2 of last year's WCF, they held Houston's record setting offense to 106, 85, 95, 98, 86, and 92 points in the series.

We'll see if the light still turns on when they try to flip the switch on that end.

Edited by aggie08

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Also why possible missing Klay is a huge deal. He's GS's best Harden defender, along with Iguodala.

Edited by satyanash

I am die hard with my team but also a realist and until I actually witness the Rockets win a series they are not favored to win I will pick the Warriors. I know the Harden led rockets won vs the clippers a few years ago and probably weren't "favored" to win that series but doing it against one of if not the best team ever assembled is hard to do. Would love to be wrong but prove to me on the court that we can take our game to the next level.

15 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Honest question. By what metric is Golden State the best defense in basketball? They’re middle of the pack in defensive efficiency. Last year they were 9th.

They have been an elite level defense at times throughout the last 5 years. The first couple years of the GSW run was basically Steph, Klay, and great defense. 

50 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I respect his game SO much more than I used to, but seriously, fuck Harden's head whipping bullshit.

Nothing harden does is illegal. Head whipping isn’t illegal, making a defender pay with a quick trigger three because they leave their arm stuck out isn’t illegal either. You have to adapt and adjust to every player that has a unique way of playing. 

I don’t like the way draymon screams at refs(which is illegal) and stomps his feet(also illegal) with hardly any consequences for doing it.

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Harden has been fouled by klay 3 times and it isn’t been called and it wasn’t even close. GS gets away with murder at home and we are tied. I’ll take that all day. Green is a loud mouth bitch that should have been tossed for screaming like a 6 year old girl getting her doll stolen. 

You're not going to get much sympathy nationwide for the boy who cried wolf all year long finally seeing one.

I think it's been pretty obvious over the years that the NBA focuses in on not rewarding flopping as much in the playoffs, when they more now eyes are on their product. The natural consequence of that are more actual fouls won't be called.

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Nothing harden does is illegal. Head whipping isn’t illegal, making a defender pay with a quick trigger three because they leave their arm stuck out isn’t illegal either. You have to adapt and adjust to every player that has a unique way of playing. 

I don’t like the way draymon screams at refs(which is illegal) and stomps his feet(also illegal) with hardly any consequences for doing it.

Never says that it's illegal. Just annoying. It's manipulative and not a basketball move. It does the game a disservice. I hate when Steph and Klay get someone up in the air on a pump fake, jump directly sideways into them, and get rewarded for it too. If they did it half a dozen times a game, I'd be pissed.

No arguments from me that Dray is annoying as all fuck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Are you watching the game? It was a clear foul 3 times. Not even close and the far from flipping. Lol. At least be real about what happened, even the ref from the studio steve javy said it was a clear foul. You have to give the offensive player a place to come down.

Did you read my post? I didn't say that they weren't actual fouls. In fact, I said the opposite.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Never says that it's illegal. Just annoying. It's manipulative and not a basketball move. It does the game a disservice. I hate when Steph and Klay get someone up in the air on a pump fake, jump directly sideways into them, and get rewarded for it too. If they did it half a dozen times a game, I'd be pissed.

No arguments from me that Dray is annoying as all fuck.

Lol that’s like saying dribbling behind your back is manipulative and does a disservice to the game. Remember when they said dunking should be illegal? Bet you hate pistol Pete game too. Wait are you like 85? You sound like it.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lol that’s like saying dribbling behind your back is manipulative and does a disservice to the game. Remember when they said dunking should be illegal? Bet you hate pistol Pete game too. Wait are you like 85? You sound like it.

Yes, that's exactly the same as whipping your head back like you got punched in the face every time you get breathed on. Don't be a dumbass.

Edited by aggie08

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Adjust and adapt. Hey I don’t like the way you play because I just don’t. You sound like a vagina.

That's fine. Then just don't cry about it when the refs inevitably stop giving him the calls every postseason because it's not what the league wants to showcase. Adjust and adapt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

The refs aren’t giving the call on the 3’s because Harden is kicking his legs out every time.  

Klay's probably should have been called. But Livingston just landed off to the side of CP3, and he still bitches about it.

Edited by aggie08

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

This series is going to be exhausting with the constant bitching about calls, especially from the Rockets and Dantoni.

I pointed this out in their last regular season matchup. And the Warriors are even worse whiners. It can be exhausting. Thankfully, the incredibly high level of play makes it worthwhile, but it's still obnoxious. Wish everyone would just shut up and play.