2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets

BigOrange1

2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/2019 at 07:45 PM

42 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Some of you prove you’ve never played basketball in your life. Nowhere in the rule book does it state anything about where you land after a jump shot, every shooter is unique in their own way, you can go sideways, forward or backwards on any shot so it doesn’t matter if you shoot and land 3 feet away from your original take off point. Harden got run into by klay, the draymond one at the end wasn’t a foul in my eyes, but stating you are doing something illegal or wrong by jumping forward is like saying you can’t fade away 3 feet on a shot. You can’t initiate the contact no matter if you go straight up and down or 3 feet away.

But that's the problem, the NBA didn't actually define the shooter or the defender's right to any space on the court, they made a vague change to the rules that allows the refs to upgrade a foul to call flagrant or technical on "reckless defensive closeouts."  That's not very helpful, as they haven't actually called one of these in any game I have watched. They didn't really define how far a shooter or a defender can move into the shooter's space without it being "reckless" so we are left with more subjective calls that will likely never get used until the NBA's darling team needs a bailout. It's not going to be officiated consistently, and the Rockets need to plan for that. 

But honestly, Harden needs to realize that kicking your feet out isn't going to net him fouls in the playoffs. More importantly, contorting your body like that makes your shot more difficult as you are not vertically aligned to prevent swaying in your shooting motion. I watch him all the time, I'm a Houston fan, but my god some of his antics are so difficult to watch. Sometimes I can't tell if he's lacks confidence in his own shot, or is just lazy and wants to shoot free throws instead. Probably a bit of both, but it's boring to watch. Some games in the regular season he just goes fucking alpha dog mode and is hitting everything. It's so much fun to watch, like that game against GS in the regular season where the Rockets won on a last second 3. Harden was amazing, probably his best game of the season, and he was doing everything he could to make that win happen. I want to see that Harden in this series.

• Like 2

oh my god, this is hilarious:

Conspiracy! Referee Who Didn’t Call The Closeout-Fouls Wore Kevin Durant’s Custom Sneakers

Last night’s Game 1 of the Western Conference Semi-Finals between the Golden State Warriors and the Houston Rockets was overshadowed by the referees’ poor performance.

To be fair, it was not as one-sided as the basketball world makes it seem right now, as Stephen Curry also didn’t get the calls he should have gotten, but the missed calls on Warriors closing out on Harden when he was shooting threes, was almost criminal.

After the game, the officials admitted to missing four separate foul calls that would have benefited the Rockets, and Rockets fans are starting to believe that it goes beyond accidental missed-calls. Even more so after they detected that one of the refs was wearing Nike KD 8s. Pretty unlucky choice of sneakers for an official in a game like that.

https://www.opencourt-basketball.com/conspiracy-referee-who-didnt-call-the-closeout-fouls-wore-kevin-durants-custom-sneakers/

53 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

Ok, so what do the Rockets and James Harden do differently next game? How do they adapt?

Oh i'm sure some Warriors shooter will get a foul call on a 3pt shot, maybe it will be an actual foul and maybe it won't, but then everyone will be like "BuT isNt tHiS wHaT ThE RoCkEtS WaNTeD?"

48 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Well they need to make 3's for 1.  Shooting like shit against the Warriors is not a recipe for success.

James went "hero"ball too much in game 1.  That being said he has to out of necessity sometimes. 

Capela was non-existent.

Faried?

Rivers should be an improvement over Shumpert.

Shumpert should never see the court. Not sure how Faried got a DNP-CD, he's easily in the top 6 rotational talent on the team. D'Antoni needs to realize that getting out rebounded by 12 against the Warriors is no way to go about beating them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

52-80 amazing how much time you have on your hands being so wealthy and rich. I am still laughing at what a complete loser you have to be on a fucking message board to say “I was eating pizza in Italy” lol!  Internet millionaires are so impressive.

The sexual tension in this post is just suffocating.  Just go ahead and ask him for dick pics.

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So Steve javy a former official who came on and said those three were fouls is also wrong? The announcers? Jalen rose and Paul Pierce? All wrong too? And he didn’t kick his legs on those and it wasn’t even close. Clearly you can’t be objective. 

Whether they are wrong or not, Harden begging for a call is fucking rich. He’s the boy who cried wolf. You get fooled so many times during the regular season by him that it’s only natural that you go into the game thinking to yourself “alright, I’m not going to call his bullshit.”

Edited by youdunnf'dup

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Why do people even bother watching if it's all rigged? Shut the fuck up already. No problem watching in the regular season and up to this point but the second anything goes wrong, omg it's rigged!!! Jesus fucking christ. Would they have said it was rigged if their team won? Absolutely not. 

No worries, I've stopped watching the regular season. I won't bother watching the rest of this piss poor series either. I've had enough, and the Stars and hockey is much more fun to get into.

1 hour ago, Nolacycling said:

Ok, so what do the Rockets and James Harden do differently next game? How do they adapt?

Play dirty and jump under them when they are shooting, I'm sure they will call it the same both ways :)

4 minutes ago, Zavala said:

yup, it's just me

If it was just about yesterday, I'd understand. Most of the posters are just ticked about a few bad calls and venting. I get it. But you are the fucking worst. ALL you do ALL season long is bitch and moan about officiating, and the fix being in, and woe-is-me, it's all rigged. Meanwhile, you root for a team that does analytic studies on how to most effectively manipulate the referees. It's fucking pathetic. Take your shit back to the team thread. Though, I imagine even they're tired of you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Expecting Nick Wright to have anything resembling a objective opinion regarding the Warriors...awesome.

Yeah Richard Jefferson too... Steve Javie, Paul Pierce... both announcers during the game... Skeeiup and Shannon... Their all just Warrior haters.

It's funny you attack the people instead of the argument. 

Just now, aggie08 said:

If it was just about yesterday, I'd understand. Most of the posters are just ticked about a few bad calls and venting. I get it. But you are the fucking worst. ALL you do ALL season long is bitch and moan about officiating, and the fix being in, and woe-is-me, it's all rigged. Meanwhile, you root for a team that does analytic studies on how to most effectively manipulate the referees. It's fucking pathetic. Take your shit back to the team thread. Though, I imagine even they're tired of you.

I think the ignore feature works here just like on texags, use it.

6 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Yeah Richard Jefferson too... Steve Javie, Paul Pierce... both announcers during the game... Skeeiup and Shannon... Their all just Warrior haters.

It's funny you attack the people instead of the argument. 

Richard Jefferson????

Ok, now I'm convinced! 

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Why do people even bother watching if it's all rigged? Shut the fuck up already. No problem watching in the regular season and up to this point but the second anything goes wrong, omg it's rigged!!! Jesus fucking christ. Would they have said it was rigged if their team won? Absolutely not.

why do any of us watch the Horns vs Okie State in football? I've been told it's rigged.

It shouldn’t matter what any players past is or what they do in the regular season, it’s the refs job to call a foul as they see it game to game. Referees train that way all the time and I’d say most do a good job at itand others don’t. If the refs admitted to missing 4 calls to D’antoni at halftime was not good. If they missed it they shouldn’t have told him that especially before the game was even over.

Game 2 should be even more heated and I expect more guys to get tossed before this is over. 

11 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

It shouldn’t matter what any players past is or what they do in the regular season, it’s the refs job to call a foul as they see it game to game.

In a vacuum, I wholeheartedly agree. But the league gets together with the officials before every postseason to re-emphasize certain things knowing that they're about to have more eyes on their sport. Flopping and ref baiting has been a concern since long before Harden, and they realize that fans are generally turned off by all the histrionics (look no further than Harden's annual All-Star voting). I can guarantee that they show videos of the type of plays that they'd like to reduce. And who do you think appears most often on those videos these days?

6 minutes ago, juicytoot said:

Man, it's been something like 24 hours and you're still sucking cock?  Give your mouth and stomach.  Too much salt is bad for your heart, too.

LMAO, enjoy your short stay here. 

Also, I know you're prob aggy and can barely count, but the game ended less than 24 hours ago. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

My favorite part of the NBA playoffs is the Houston on Dallas on San Antonio thread violence. I say let the streets run red with the blood from Daryl Morey's analytical referee politicking. 

It's awesome. All over a professional sport they don't play, arguing about players who don't give a fuck about them

My outside observation is Houston def cusses and threatens the most.

CP3 is a bitch and being forced to cheer for him after years of hating him would be tough, so I factor that in

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

In a vacuum, I wholeheartedly agree. But the league gets together with the officials before every postseason to re-emphasize certain things knowing that they're about to have more eyes on their sport. Flopping and ref baiting has been a concern since long before Harden, and they realize that fans are generally turned off by all the histrionics (look no further than Harden's annual All-Star voting). I can guarantee that they show videos of the type of plays that they'd like to reduce. And who do you think appears most often on those videos these days?

You literally just made up that they show harden in these videos with zero knowledge to strengthen your narrative. Lol. Kicking your legs out on shots and flopping has been going on for decades, these refs are professionals and the elite in what they do and I have no idea what type of video training they use or who they use but it’s fuckinh hilarious you think they use harden the majority of the time and how do you know? Well you don’t but you have to say that to make your point stronger. 

Moving on from Sunday game, I will be curious how tight the officials are and how quick they whistle certain plays. I’m trying to think back to previous years how refs respond to these type of games and it always seems like the team that bitches the loudest gets the whistle. 

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

lulz

I guess you just missed the part where Harden dragged his leg and his foot on the floor before either made contact with Looney.

Right, Harden is the matrix. Harden was already past Looney, when their feet collided. But you are right, Harden knew exactly where Looney's foot was going to be when he was passing Looney.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Haha 1

I’m all for analytics, but this falls under lies, damn lies, and statistics. From the ESPN article: 

The league cited Harden's attempted block as a potential infraction -- a possible foul, but one the league could not say conclusively was a foul even upon review, according to Houston's analysis. Houston concluded that the non-call cost them two points. Had the officials called the foul on Harden, Looney would have gone to the line for two shots. He is a 61 percent career free throw shooter; Houston attached an expected value of one point to a Looney two-shot trip to the line. But the foul was not called, and Durant hit a 3-pointer -- two more points than the Warriors would have been expected to score, under Houston's accounting, had the officials whistled Harden.” 

So by their analysis, an uncalled foul against Harden cost Houston two points.

• Like 1

Right, Harden is the matrix. Harden was already past Looney, when their feet collided. But you are right, Harden knew exactly where Looney's foot was going to be when he was passing Looney.
I didn't say he dragged it for 5 feet beforehand.

And it's pretty silly to act like Harden didn't know exactly where the foot was. He's a gotdamn wizard at that shit. Perhaps you've missed the last 5 years.

I actually want the Rockets to win. Longhorn count is even and the one on the Warriors has rings already. But Harden's bullshit is just that, bullshit. If I wanted to watch Brazilians play soccer I would.

8 minutes ago, Mole said:

I’m all for analytics, but this falls under lies, damn lies, and statistics. From the ESPN article: 

The league cited Harden's attempted block as a potential infraction -- a possible foul, but one the league could not say conclusively was a foul even upon review, according to Houston's analysis. Houston concluded that the non-call cost them two points. Had the officials called the foul on Harden, Looney would have gone to the line for two shots. He is a 61 percent career free throw shooter; Houston attached an expected value of one point to a Looney two-shot trip to the line. But the foul was not called, and Durant hit a 3-pointer -- two more points than the Warriors would have been expected to score, under Houston's accounting, had the officials whistled Harden.” 

So by their analysis, an uncalled foul against Harden cost Houston two points.

So when they make judgments that favor the Rockets, they’re actually fucking the Rockets?

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You literally just made up that they show harden in these videos with zero knowledge to strengthen your narrative. Lol. Kicking your legs out on shots and flopping has been going on for decades, these refs are professionals and the elite in what they do and I have no idea what type of video training they use or who they use but it’s fuckinh hilarious you think they use harden the majority of the time and how do you know? Well you don’t but you have to say that to make your point stronger. 

It is a known fact that the league puts together "highlight" videos for their officials on plays and calls that they'd like to emphasise. But yes, I'm purely speculating that Harden appears most frequently on the flopping/ref baiting video based off an abundance of fucking obvious data points. Like having more three point fouls called than any other TEAM in the league.

I'll leave it to the Houston front office to come up with more unbiased scientific research. 

Edited by aggie08

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Hopefully, the refs throw out some quick T's to make both teams shut the fuck up for 10 seconds. This series has real potential to become unbearable in the bitching department (it's already almost there any time these two teams play).

It could be a great rivalry, like Bulls-Pistons or Celtics-Lakers if we could just let the games do the talking.

Edited by pacman

James Ennis, the ex Rocket, was the 2nd leading scorer for Philly tonight in a win with 13-6-2 and 1 block in 24 minutes. Anyone still think the idiotic Shumpert for Ennis trade was a good one? Probably cost Houston the NBA title given how close playoff games are.