2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets

BigOrange1

2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/19 at 07:45 PM

10 minutes ago, juicytoot said:

Nice try, anal sex.  Resorting to calling someone aggy here is just an extension of Godwin's Law.  It's so pathetic.  I've been banned so many times its a badge of honor at this point.  I love this site and will always be back.  The cliques, the group-think, the elementary student social organization, the occasional salient point.  I just love it.  Planning on using the social interaction here as a case study for my next PhD.

Negged for unoriginality and general lameness. 

Crazy that NBA put this Ref in Rockets/Warriors series??

Rockets' least favorite referee working Game 2

Scott Foster, the referee most reviled by the Houston Rockets, has been assigned to call Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals against the Golden State Warriors Tuesday.  Foster, a 25-year NBA veteran, has not worked a Rockets game since James Harden publicly criticized him after the superstar fouled out of Houston's Feb. 21 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers. Harden, who was fined $25,000 by the NBA the next day, declared then that Foster should not be assigned any more Rockets games because of his personal issues with them.

"It's lingering, and it's something that has to be looked at for sure," said Harden, who described Foster as "just rude and arrogant" when interacting with players. "For sure, it's personal. For sure. I don't think he should be able to even officiate our games anymore, honestly."

There was already an intense focus on officiating in the Rockets-Warriors series, due primarily to Houston's complaints about missed foul calls on several Harden 3-point attempts during Golden State's 104-100 win in Game 1.

As Harden mentioned in February, Foster officiated two of the Rockets' losses to the Warriors in last season's West finals. That includes a 101-92 loss in Game 7, the subject of a report by the Rockets later sent to the league office and obtained by ESPN that argues that incorrect calls and no-calls cost the Rockets an estimated 18.6 points.  Foster also officiated the Rockets' lone loss to the Utah Jazz in last season's West semifinals.

Harden isn't the only Rockets star who has gone public regarding his problems with Foster. Chris Paul mockingly referred to Foster as "the man" and "who they pay to see" after being called for a technical foul by him in a January 2018 win over the Portland Trail Blazers. Paul also complained then about Foster's unwillingness to communicate with players. The league office did not announce a fine for those comments.  Paul, who also fouled out of the Feb. 21 loss to the Lakers and was assessed a technical foul by Foster for arguing a call with 33 seconds remaining in the game, said then that he had met with the league regarding his issues with the referee. "I don't know what else to do," Paul said.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Foster issued 18 fouls (personal or technical) in the Feb. 21 game -- 12 against the Rockets and six against the Lakers. Seven of the fouls against the Rockets, who blew a 19-point lead in the second half, occurred in the fourth quarter. Houston did not attempt a free throw in the final 20 minutes of the game, compared to 17 free throws for the Lakers during that span.

Edited by LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Per Cowturd, Rockets have lost the last 6 games when Scott Foster was calling their game.  

Last 6 playoff games to be more precise. I believe their record is much better in the regular season (something like 9-3)...however, he ejected both Harden and Paul in the last game he called for the Rockets in February. They didn't shoot a free throw in the last 20 minutes, and the Lakers shot 17 to come back from 19 down. Also, Harden has fouled out 4 times in his career....3 of those were officiated by Foster.

22 hours ago, aggie08 said:

If it was just about yesterday, I'd understand. Most of the posters are just ticked about a few bad calls and venting. I get it. But you are the fucking worst. ALL you do ALL season long is bitch and moan about officiating, and the fix being in, and woe-is-me, it's all rigged.

I'm pretty sure 95% of his posts are complaining about officiating, and he does this across all sports. 

I really hope he doesn't have kids who play youth sports. 

14 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I had zero intention of watching any of these NBA playoff games. Too invested in the NHL playoffs. But I will watch this game tonight bc of this controversy. Damn you NBA for sucking me back in. 

The shaggy drama this series incites brings maximum lulz

• Like 1

Yeah, that was an all time sketchy ending for anyone who took the warriors -5.5 hahaha (the line was -5.5 for me since I was flip flopping all the way up until tip off). My god I almost had a fucking heart attack. Thank you for knocking down those last two FTs KD. You the real MVP.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Also, for as much as we’re giving Houston shit:

1. Draymond is always going to fucking Draymond. Whether it was on purpose or not, if you said “someone just poked Harden in the eye and it’s pretty bad” I would’ve bet every dollar I had that it was Draymond Green.

2. Steph is good at finding a way to get injured just enough so if he ever has an off night, everyone can point to that injury as the only reason he struggled. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Also, for as much as we’re giving Houston shit:

1. Draymond is always going to fucking Draymond. Whether it was on purpose or not, if you said “someone just poked Harden in the eye and it’s pretty bad” I would’ve bet every dollar I had that it was Draymond Green.

2. Steph is good at finding a way to get injured just enough so if he ever has an off night, everyone can point to that injury as the only reason he struggled. 

Ok 👌

Yeah, that's Klay. All about the theatrics and media image. C'mon man.

Klay is as tough as anyone in the league. Any concern about his ankle was expressed by his coaches, not by him. There was never a doubt in his mind that he was going to play.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, LonghornJudas said:

That stat makes it seem like Foster is actually paying attention and doing a great job of officiating.

Only because you dislike Harden. To others it appears to be an outlier where one official is calling the game completely different than the other officials.

37 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Only because you dislike Harden. To others it appears to be an outlier where one official is calling the game completely different than the other officials.

If apparently all the refs do a bad job, wouldn't an outlier represent the possibility of an actual good job

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, that's Klay. All about the theatrics and media image. C'mon man.

Klay is as tough as anyone in the league. Any concern about his ankle was expressed by his coaches, not by him. There was never a doubt in his mind that he was going to play.

Lol i was more taking a shot at whomever reported the seriousness of his ankle injury. I'm sure Klay isn't dramatic about it at all, but someone needed a juicy story to make this series more exciting, because by the looks of things the Rockets are going to get run off the court this time around.

12 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So was the Warriors win last night legit or was it all the refs helping out again?

I need to see what Skip Bayless, Nick Wright, Sarah Kustok, Chris Broussard, Collin Cowherd, and other similarly brilliant minds have to say about it before I can form an opinion of my own. I also need to see what shoes the refs were wearing... Were there Nike KD's, UA Currys, maybe even some Klay Thompson Antas?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, angelfacedmongoloid said:

I need to see what Skip Bayless, Nick Wright, Sarah Kustok, Chris Broussard, Collin Cowherd, and other similarly brilliant minds have to say about it before I can form an opinion of my own. I also need to see what shoes the refs were wearing... Were there Nike KD's, UA Currys, maybe even some Klay Thompson Antas?

If anyone on the planet is wearing Antas, they're definitely in Klay's pocket.

It was definitely a more enjoyable game to watch last night. Not nearly as much whining to the refs. Pretty much only Chris Paul was a baby the entire game, then you had the standard amount of whining sprinkled in from others like Green, Durant, Tucker, Capela, etc. Harden didn't bitch at all, he was a bit preoccupied.

27 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It was definitely a more enjoyable game to watch last night. Not nearly as much whining to the refs. Pretty much only Chris Paul was a baby the entire game, then you had the standard amount of whining sprinkled in from others like Green, Durant, Tucker, Capela, etc. Harden didn't bitch at all, he was a bit preoccupied.

Chris Paul would have a better legacy if he retired right now and spent the rest of his life making State Farm commercials with Oscar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

CP3 behaved very oddly at certain points yesterday. He shoved Draymond from underneath after a dunk in the fourth quarter, then later slapped the ball out of Durant's hands following a foul and started jawing at him all while Durant had a bemused look on his face.

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

CP3 behaved very oddly at certain points yesterday. He shoved Draymond from underneath after a dunk in the fourth quarter, then later slapped the ball out of Durant's hands following a foul and started jawing at him all while Durant had a bemused look on his face.

I believe the word you’re looking for is bitch.  He was acting like a bitch.  Otherwise known as his usual self.  

• Like 5