2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets

BigOrange1

2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/19 at 07:45 PM

56 minutes ago, NowThis said:

wtf does this mean in plain English? 

He likes the way Chris Paul (who wears the Jersey number 3) plays basket ball. However he (meaning Chris Paul) deserves punishment for his non basketball actions in the form of another player (rajon rondo in this case) spitting (which means to project saliva from ones mouth) onto Chris Paul. Hope that helps.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

He likes the way Chris Paul (who wears the Jersey number 3) plays basket ball. However he (meaning Chris Paul) deserves punishment for his non basketball actions in the form of another player (rajon rondo in this case) spitting (which means to project saliva from ones mouth) onto Chris Paul. Hope that helps.

yes, an effective analysis - but the motivation of why does CP3 deserve punishment, especially for "non basketball actions"? 

16 minutes ago, NowThis said:

yes, an effective analysis - but the motivation of why does CP3 deserve punishment, especially for "non basketball actions"? 

Hmmm, I would start your research here :.   https://www.google.com/search?q=why+do+players+hate+chris+Paul&oq=why+do+players+hate+chris+Paul

If you have trouble reading, then try some of the videos.

Edited by dingleberryswitzer

10 hours ago, NowThis said:

Because CP3 has been pulling these bullshit antics even dating back to when he was on the Hornets. I’m having a hard time trying to figure out why you’re so confused about this one lol. Seems pretty straight forward 

22 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Because CP3 has been pulling these bullshit antics even dating back to when he was on the Hornets. I’m having a hard time trying to figure out why you’re so confused about this one lol. Seems pretty straight forward 

what antics? I don't consider him a dirty player. Given that presumption of non-guilt, i am perplexed why any fan would believe CP3 deserves to be spit upon (which btw is a huge insult on anyone and the spitter deserves to have his ass kicked to the moon). 

what antics? I don't consider him a dirty player. Given that presumption of non-guilt, i am perplexed why any fan would believe CP3 deserves to be spit upon (which btw is a huge insult on anyone and the spitter deserves to have his ass kicked to the moon). 

I can’t believe I’m taking this bait, but nobody can be this dense. I get that you are a Rockets fan, but this is like a Texas football fan claiming not to understand why Breckyn Hager was universally hated by other fan bases. Chris Paul has been on the league’s most disliked team for at least the past 5 years, and that is no coincidence. He whines and cries incessantly, shows up referees and other players (e.g., jumping up and down after a foul against Harden), and generally acts like the most aggrieved person to ever play basketball. He is also known to straddle the Bruce Bowen line between hard play and dirty play. Even the way he walks on the court is annoying as fuck. He is an amazing player and I understand his team’s fan base cheering for him, but don’t be surprised when everyone else celebrates him losing or otherwise getting punked.
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Learn how to google instead of asking stupid questions. This is just some of his usual BS from the last game:

https://streamable.com/ucxar

And here's one video that took 2 seconds to find on google. There are many more. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I can’t believe I’m taking this bait, but nobody can be this dense. I get that you are a Rockets fan, but this is like a Texas football fan claiming not to understand why Breckyn Hager was universally hated by other fan bases. Chris Paul has been on the league’s most disliked team for at least the past 5 years, and that is no coincidence. He whines and cries incessantly, shows up referees and other players (e.g., jumping up and down after a foul against Harden), and generally acts like the most aggrieved person to ever play basketball. He is also known to straddle the Bruce Bowen line between hard play and dirty play. Even the way he walks on the court is annoying as fuck. He is an amazing player and I understand his team’s fan base cheering for him, but don’t be surprised when everyone else celebrates him losing or otherwise getting punked.

the entire GS roster are cranks, especially Draymond who is at the top of hateable players.  Meh, CP3 isn't at that elite level. Yes, I watch a ton of Rocket games, but he's not as bad as you indicate. 

If you've ever seen a Clippers or Rockets game in person, you'd know exactly why CP3 is so annoying. Dude fucking lives in the refs' ear. 

I do love his angry little man stomp though.

Edited by aggie08

Cp3 is one of my most hated players because hes a bitch for that reason...hell whine about something but be one of the worst floppers in the league and act like nothing happened when he changed the complexity of the game.

Fuck him..and fuck wade. I still feel bad for rockets fans who have to "cheer" for him...but deep down they know....they know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

the entire GS roster are cranks, especially Draymond who is at the top of hateable players.  Meh, CP3 isn't at that elite level. Yes, I watch a ton of Rocket games, but he's not as bad as you indicate. 

The only reason Draymond might be more hated than CP3 is the fact that the Warriors win. CP3 being such a universally recognized cunt, despite never actually winning anything, is a testament to the awesome power of his cuntiness. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

The only reason Draymond might be more hated than CP3 is the fact that the Warriors win. CP3 being such a universally recognized cunt despite never actually winning anything is a testament to the power of his cuntiness. 

Yup. I was happy when they announced the trade for him, cause you know Allstars don't grow on trees, but yeah, there's a bit of conflict rooting for him.

I was always happy to see his Clipper teams fail in the playoffs, and that year the Rockets came back from 3-1 with Jsmoove leading the way was pretty amazing. I was watching game 6 late into the night at a sports bar in Aberdeen Scotland, drinking whiskey and getting trashed with some locals, and enjoying every minute of it. They didn't care about either team, so a few of them put money on Houston to win that night so they were rooting for the Rockets with me. We were very rowdy, cause we cheered every time they hit a 3, and one of the guys kept yelling out "FUCK 'EM RIGHT UP THE ARSE!" every time a Rocket hit a 3. Another guy won a lot of money and picked up my bar tab, which was pretty awesome. It was a lot of fun, I tried many new scotches, and had a pretty good hangover on my train the next morning. Well worth it though. 

• Like 2

I think the folks who have been posting here or the other site for years know my love for Chris Paul's game.  He is without a doubt, the best pure PG of the last 10 years (since Nash was in his prime).  His ability to dominate without scoring 30 is a skillset every player should seek to emulate.  But it's also fair to state that Chris Paul does folk dirty.  Defenders will call him edgy or hyper competitive.  That's all bullshit to rationalize he's a little guy who is dirty as fuck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I think the folks who have been posting here or the other site for years know my love for Chris Paul's game.  He is without a doubt, the best pure PG of the last 10 years (since Nash was in his prime).  His ability to dominate without scoring 30 is a skillset every player should seek to emulate.  But it's also fair to state that Chris Paul does folk dirty.  Defenders will call him edgy or hyper competitive.  That's all bullshit to rationalize he's a little guy who is dirty as fuck.

Hard to dispute any of that. He’s a top 10 pg all time, for sure.

35 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I would pay money for a Chris Paul off-the-ball defense camera.  Dude is a master at clutching, scratching, holding, poking, jabbing, and bumping.

Honestly, I respect him for it.  The league would be boring as fuck without guys trying to get away with every little edge to root against.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I would pay money for a Chris Paul off-the-ball defense camera.  Dude is a master at clutching, scratching, holding, poking, jabbing, and bumping.

Honestly, I respect him for it.  The league would be boring as fuck without guys trying to get away with every little edge to root against.

His nut shots, and overall dick grabbing off ball defense is the stuff of legends. I’m shocked a Stephen Jackson or a Boogie Cousins hasn’t legitimately tried to knock him out. 

CP3 is 30th in technicals for the regular season. He's also President of the NBA players association. 

For real aholes, look at Bruce Bowen, Zaza the ankle killer, Ron Artest, Dennis Rodman, Adrian Dantley, Karl Malone and more.

23 minutes ago, NowThis said:

CP3 is 30th in technicals for the regular season. He's also President of the NBA players association. 

For real aholes, look at Bruce Bowen, Zaza the ankle killer, Ron Artest, Dennis Rodman, Adrian Dantley, Karl Malone and more.

This is such a bad post.  It has nothing to do with whether or not Paul's a dirty player nor does it give enough data to make a credible opinion.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This is such a bad post.  It has nothing to do with whether or not Paul's a dirty player nor does it give enough data to make a credible opinion.

actually there are 2 huge data points there.  

34 minutes ago, NowThis said:

What exactly are they?  

He was 30th in tech this year?  Maybe that's because he only played 70% of the season.

Here are his ranks the last 5 years:  9th, 14th, 4th, 40th, 12th.

He's pretty consistently getting techs.

The other data point?  WTF does being the President of the NBAPA have to do with playing dirty?  His predecessor was fucking Derek Fisher.  

Neither data point are huge nor prove what you hope they do.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

What exactly are they?  

He was 30th in tech this year?  Maybe that's because he only played 70% of the season.

Here are his ranks the last 5 years:  9th, 14th, 4th, 40th, 12th.

He's pretty consistently getting techs.

The other data point?  WTF does being the President of the NBAPA have to do with playing dirty?  His predecessor was fucking Derek Fisher.  

Neither data point are huge nor prove what you hope they do.

if the players hate a guy , they are not going to vote for him.  Pretty simple concept of popularity.  

I've seen his techs, it's about calls mostly.  You want to see a dick look at this

giphy.gif

So he's in the top 10% of technicals and top 20% of starters?

Thanks for the supporting evidence.

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

floppy 24

He literally punched the guy right in the dick right there (or grabbed it). Intentionally. What in the actual fuck are you talking about lol?! I gotta give you credit for being stubborn and holding on to your terrible take, but man. What a terrible fucking take. 

31 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Good article by Zach Lowe and the cultural differences between the two organizations when it comes to playing the game, shooting, and getting to the foul line.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/zachlowe26646342/how-philosophical-differences-define-rockets-warriors-series

Safe to say that Klay ain't about that foul hunting life.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:21 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

Hard to dispute any of that. He’s a top 10 pg all time, for sure.

No, he isn't.  He's been very good.  He is in no way a top 10 all time.  He's barely top 3 of the last 10 years.  

19 hours ago, NowThis said:

Maybe once he gets off his knees he'll start to rack up some more technical fouls.  He's a dirty player, and is universally unliked in the league.  Except by 2-3 of the other most unlikable players that he sat on a swan float with.  

12 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

No, he isn't.  He's been very good.  He is in no way a top 10 all time.  He's barely top 3 of the last 10 years.  

Very incorrect. And I agree that all of his antics and behavior are annoying AF. 

• Like 1