2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets

BigOrange1

2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/19 at 07:45 PM

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I pointed this out in their last regular season matchup. And the Warriors are even worse whiners. It can be exhausting. Thankfully, the incredibly high level of play makes it worthwhile, but it's still obnoxious. Wish everyone would just shut up and play.

The main difference for me is so often, the Rockets play for the foul, especially their 2 main players, Paul and Harden. Their main objective is to draw a foul, not actually score. It is fucking exhausting and ugly basketball. Then if the calls are not called, their fans will say the game is rigged for the other team and the NBA doesn't want them to win.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

The main difference for me is so often, the Rockets play for the foul, especially their 2 main players, Paul and Harden. Their main objective is to draw a foul, not actually score. It is fucking exhausting and ugly basketball. Then if the calls are not called, their fans will say the game is rigged for the other team and the NBA doesn't want them to win.

Then quit watching and go fuck some fat nasty std ass. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

About fucking time. I know KD has the hot hand, but Houston hadn't even attempted to keep a competent defender on Curry on switches the last few possessions.

KD hasn't really been hot either, he's simply been better initiating offense.  He didn't shoot well, but he had an excellent game (except for that turnover.  lol).  He's been the best defender on the court.  Chris Paul is a great player and excellent throwback PG, but he's a little bitch sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This game is a huge missed opportunity for Houston.

I feel that way too, but there's a lot for Houston to build on and I'm sure they'll be trying to influence the refs.  They didn't shoot all that great and were pretty bad from 3.  On the other hand, the Warriors were terrible protecting the ball, consistently with unforced turnovers and some FT shooting.  This was not a pretty game but it was hard played and a solid watch.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

1) Jamal Crawford's the master of the 'kick out your legs' move on the jump shot to draw contact. Harden's doing nothing new or innovative there.

2) Refs are never going to call that on the last play of a playoff game.

Edited by satyanash

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

LMAO Harden. Fucking clown usual. But wah wah wah refs hate us!!

You mean shouldering the defender like a running back, and then landing 2 ft in front of where he started the jumpshot doesn't merit a defensive foul?

RIGGED!!!

• Like 1

Just now, 52-80 said:

You mean shouldering the defender like a running back, and then landing 2 ft in front of where he started the jumpshot doesn't merit a defensive foul?

RIGGED!!!

It was more like 4 feet though. He starts well behind the 3 point line then flails his legs out and touches it. 

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lol ok. Nothing cool about you leaving shot hole Oklahoma to vacation and eat pizza in Italy, Texas. 

I’m sure you are just so rich and spend a lot of your time on here. 

Good one.  You feel better bud?

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

1) Jamal Crawford's the master of the 'kick out your legs' move on the jump shot to draw contact. It's nothing new.

2) Refs are never going to call that on the last play of a playoff game.

Jesus, no shit. Houston shot more free throws, despite shooting over twice as many 3's. There were some bad calls (at least two of Klay's contests in the first half), but Harden trying to draw a foul on that last 3 wasn't one of them. Someone chases Steph or Klay around a screen, tries to contest, and lands in their airspace a few times a game. Sometimes it's called, most of the time it's not.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea I feel great and I’m sure you do too hanging out on surly being a internet millionaire. You screaming for mom to make you a snack while you burn all of us on the message board? Bet you are a super tough guy.

Even better.  Just don't forget to breathe

Jesus, no shit. Houston shot more free throws, despite shooting over twice as many 3's. There were some bad calls, but Harden trying to draw a foul on that last 3 wasn't one of them. Someone chases Steph or Klay around a blatantly obvious moving screen, tries to contest, and lands in their airspace a few times a game. Sometimes it's called, most of the time it's not.

fify

Jesus, no shit. Houston shot more free throws, despite shooting over twice as many 3's. There were some bad calls, but Harden trying to draw a foul on that last 3 wasn't one of them. Someone chases Steph or Klay around a screen, tries to contest, and lands in their airspace a few times a game. Sometimes it's called, most of the time it's not.

And the Rockets should have shot even more free throws, what's your point? Harden isn't "trying to draw the foul" on any of these 3s. That's not why he's taking the shot. He's taking the 3 to make the fucking 3. He just also gets fouled a ton on them because it's hard to legitimately challenge the step back without jumping into where he is going to land. And he got fouled numerous times this game with no call.

9 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If people can’t see they are jumping into harden it’s just being a hater. Remember when kawhi rolled his ankle because of getting where he lands taken away? 

Refs will come out and say “whoops we missed it” and next game same stuff.

It's not about seeing contact or being a "hater". It's about a guy who has spent almost his entire career trying to draw fouls with unnatural motions on every shot. That further pussifies the game of basketball well beyond it's already massively pussified state. It basically turns the game into a soccer flopping match. 

The rip-through rule might as well be named after him. It's definitely made the game better. 

On that last play, he jumps forward and flails his legs out. There's nothing natural about that shooting motion. Same as Draymond's nut shots of the past. 

Make the shot instead of trying to clown your way to the free throw line. 

Jesus christ, we need a middle ground between the 90s Knicks-Heat boxing matches where you had to get punched to shoot freethrows, and 60 total free throws a game for just flailing around on every shot. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

That was the worst officiated game i've seen in a long time.  Ironically, GS fans at one point were doing the "ref you suck" chant.  That fan base is the NBA equivalent of aggy.

i have "Yankees suck"  in my head, so that's what I heard. 

1 minute ago, goatsaag said:

And the Rockets should have shot even more free throws, what's your point? Harden isn't "trying to draw the foul" on any of these 3s. That's not why he's taking the shot. He's taking the 3 to make the fucking 3. He just also gets fouled a ton on them because it's hard to legitimately challenge the step back without jumping into where he is going to land. And he got fouled numerous times this game with no call.

His legs were kicked out on that last one before any contact was initiated. I seriously question that making the shot was the only thing on his mind with the way he had been shooting.