Goo Punch

2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

*dumb question amnesty  

Why does the NBA have the trade deadline before the All Star break?  Seems early as shit. 

It used to be after the break. Then, DeMarcus Cousins got traded during the break during an All-Star weekend hosted by New Orleans, and they realized that that wasn't a great look.

6 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

*dumb question amnesty  

Why does the NBA have the trade deadline before the All Star break?  Seems early as shit. 

Its not really that early.   We are about 2/3 through the season.  Most teams only have about 25 games left.    People always think of the AS break as the halfway point but it not.

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

i don't mind that they moved it up, but i wish it was the last thursday before the all star break and not the week prior.

I think they wanna keep the AS break as a fun celebration.    If the deadline is the day before the break starts all the news for much of the break would be trade talk/analysis.   It would take away from the festivities.

9 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

the thought is darren collison if he comes out of retirement.

He's already said he isnt coming back.