2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

i cannot figure out what Denver's ceiling is when their go-to guy is a big, doughy, plodding big man. not even saying it's ineffective, because it isn't; just never seen it before. with the game in the balance they have the ball in Joker's hands every single possession, and all he's done is score 10 straight points while being guarded by the two-time/reigning NBA DPOY. 

Edited by Goo Punch

6 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

wait a second- Andre Drummond didn't make the All Star team? what the fuck?

It seems like there are more deserving guys than ever.    I cant think of a yr where there were 4 guys that I thought were no brainer choices that didnt make it.  Booker, Beal, Lavine, and Drummond should all be there.

On 1/30/2020 at 8:27 AM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Crowder has zero business taking that shot but Payton can't react like that. I think anything more than a couple of games is overkill though. 

12 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

alright i've had some time to calm down and think about it, lol. i'd give him five games and $50k. i do understand more why he did it after seeing the second video. was still way out of line, but it makes more sense in that context. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28602286/knicks-elfrid-payton-2-grizzlies-suspended-1-game-marcus-morris-jae-crowder-fined

Payton got a one game suspension w/o pay. He makes $8 million/ yr, so it's around a $100,000 hickey to him, basically a tax write-off and a couple of extra days of vacation. Clearly, I'm more commissioner material than Derka. Marcus Morris got fined for calling Jae Crowder out for having "female tendencies" aka, being a bitch. Which Crowder definitely is/was. And let's face it, there are few guys who would know more about being a bitch than Marcus Morris. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

i cannot figure out what Denver's ceiling is when their go-to guy is a big, doughy, plodding big man. not even saying it's ineffective, because it isn't; just never seen it before. with the game in the balance they have the ball in Joker's hands every single possession, and all he's done is score 10 straight points while being guarded by the two-time/reigning NBA DPOY. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I didn't watch the game, but the Nugs got a huge win (127-115) in Milwaukee as 12.5 pt dogs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I didn't watch the game, but the Nugs got a huge win (127-115) in Milwaukee as 12.5 pt dogs. 

They're pretty banged up right now so they've been relying on a bunch of guys who normally don't have huge roles to play big minutes and they're still winning. Every single player who played tonight for Denver scored in double digits. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

• Like 1

Nuggets on the back end of a b2b (late game against Utah) with a delay for de-icing to fly to Milwaukee for a game 22 hours later, missing 3 starters and Jokic backup, spanked Milwaukee at home. Got to bed at 7 am this morning. Vegas had them as 13 point dogs. 

All nine Nuggets who played got double digit points. 

NBA sleeping on them. 

(now they will lose to Detroit on Sunday in morning game.)

Porter, Jr. Injured in game. Rolled ankle.  Thank goodness not his back.

Edit. Sorry goo and blotto. Didn’t see your posts. 

Edited by washparkhorn

Beal and Drummond >> Tatum and Middleton. no-brainer for me. And yeah, I'd take Booker > Westbrook,  it I understand why that didn't happen. 

also, Jaxson Hayes didn't take it very well when he found out that he didn't make the Futures Game roster. 

not a good look bro. you don't even play 20 mpg. you're averaging 8.5 and 4.5. you've got 19 points, 9 rebounds, and 1 block in your last 4 games. you'd think that with all of the "Mamba Mentality" in the air that he might want to vow to prove wrong the people who doubted him, but instead he opted to whine about it like a kid.  you're a professional now Jaxson; time to grow up. 

Edited by Goo Punch

32 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Nuggets on the back end of a b2b (late game against Utah) with a delay for de-icing to fly to Milwaukee for a game 22 hours later, missing 3 starters and Jokic backup, spanked Milwaukee at home. Got to bed at 7 am this morning. Vegas had them as 13 point dogs. 

All nine Nuggets who played got double digit points. 

NBA sleeping on them. 

(now they will lose to Detroit on Sunday in morning game.)

Porter, Jr. Injured in game. Rolled ankle.  Thank goodness not his back.

Edit. Sorry goo and blotto. Didn’t see your posts. 

check out Jerami Grant's stat line: 10 points, 4 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, SEVEN blocks. not bad for a reserve forward who averages 0.7 bpg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

By your comment, I take it you believe he wrote that himself?

no, but he at least did the right thing in being contrite and apologetic, and within hours of releasing the original video. just a kid who made a mistake, but he owned it. if someone else told him to own it/wrote that for him, then credit to Jaxson for realizing it was the right thing to do and getting it done quickly.

"The Process" was done when Hinkie got fired. The way other people have tried to build teams around Embiid/Simmons shouldn't really be relevant.

But since Hinkie was fired before really having a shot at completing the process, probably seems reasonable to say he failed.

37 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Ja Morant vs. Andre Iguodala is the storyline I didn’t know I needed until it happened. I like this kid more and more every day.

Yep, that is exactly what you want from your young guys.   If you dont wanna play with us then fuck you.

22 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Would Memphis even let Iggy play if he wanted to?

I don’t think anyone expected them to compete for a playoff spot, especially the front office. But I’ll bet they would’ve welcomed him in any capacity, even if it’s just to be around the you g guys. So, no? But he’s done something to piss them off and I’m loving it.