The Tampatreal Rayxpos?

texifornia

1 minute ago, MAROON said:

So if you're a player where does your family live during the season? You will now be away from your in-season "home" at least 3/4 of the time.

And you'll need to hire a very clever accountant to get around Canadian taxes.

4 minutes ago, Dewey said:
29 minutes ago, MAROON said:
So if you're a player where does your family live during the season? You will now be away from your in-season "home" at least 3/4 of the time.

A players family (kids) are spread all over the country.

That's what I was telling your mother last night after I spread a bunch of future kids all over her.  

24 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

That sounds like a good plan to kill whatever fan support they have in Tampa.

i lived in st pete for the 2003 season.  the trop is a must do for all baseball fans.  if anything to make you appreciate how good you have it.  they messed up one night and had half price outfield seats and buy one get one at half price beers on a wednesday night.  big ass beers.  was a lot of fun.

I remember an NL player saying you never saw daylight in Montreal. You'd take a subway from the hotel to the ballpark and then back. Went out at night for dinner.

Maybe if they're going to winter in St. Pete and summer in Montreal, build an outdoor park.... with a retractable roof for October games?

45 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I remember an NL player saying you never saw daylight in Montreal. You'd take a subway from the hotel to the ballpark and then back. Went out at night for dinner.

Maybe if they're going to winter in St. Pete and summer in Montreal, build an outdoor park.... with a retractable roof for October games?

A return of the Expos with a retractable roof would be amazing. Montreal is a top-5 weekend trip in North America.

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Womp, Womp

i highly encourage a baseball road trip to st Pete. It’s a damn good time 

I had to go on a school trip to St. Pete back in the day, unfortunately. It seems it might be good place to be if you're 100 years old or gay...or both.

9 hours ago, DougO said:

I had to go on a school trip to St. Pete back in the day, unfortunately. It seems it might be good place to be if you're 100 years old or gay...or both.

FTR, Al Lang Field (just east of the Trop) was one of the greatest minor league stadiums in the country before they fagged it all up for soccer.

allanngaerial.jpg

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

The Trop is a concrete dump. Like a lot of the stadiums built prior to Camden Yards (which started the new/old stadium building craze) it has nothing to add value wise other than watching a usually shitty baseball team inside with 5,000 other idiots that have nothing better to do. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 2:39 PM, NOMAAA said:

i lived in st pete for the 2003 season.  the trop is a must do for all baseball fans.  if anything to make you appreciate how good you have it.  they messed up one night and had half price outfield seats and buy one get one at half price beers on a wednesday night.  big ass beers.  was a lot of fun.

I have heard from several people who have attended a game there that it actually isn't a bad place to see a game. It seems terrible on tv but I have never been there so can't comment how it was in person. But when you combine the bad location and the fact Florida is not great at supporting pro sports, you get terrible attendance.

Putting a team in Tampa to begin with was a terrible fucking idea. And now they want to try a 2 city team? Lmao. No words to how dumb that is. 

Edited by Vic Mackey