The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

37 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

Nice looking kit and seems to be pristine condition. That price seems a little steep but I haven’t priced Gretsch in a long while.

Looks like a 4-piece shell pack (one less drum) would be about $140 more new ($3,139).  Nice looking kit, though.

She only needs/wants a 3-piece shell pack, anyway, but there's no harm in selling off extra drums, or keeping them "just in case".

On 8/11/2023 at 5:56 PM, Deej said:

Damn you, Sweetwater. I was bored at work, browsing 60's Strats yesterday. 

Today I get the phone call...

"Hey, this is Matt from Sweetwater. I noticed you had your eyes on a 60's Strat."

"C'mon, man. I just bought a guitar from you two weeks ago."

Would your Matt happen to have Z as his last initial?

14 minutes ago, Deej said:

No.

Yeah, I guess SW is so huge that they have 40 Matt's....my rep is Matt Z.  He's been super-friendly and knowledgeable over the years, but does tend to call quite a bit (as I'm sure all of them are instructed to).  He's never called me based on my SW browsing history, thankfully.

NGD yesterday, straight from AUTF Guitar Emporium. Since it shipped from 68 degree, wet SF to 111-ty dry AG bumfuck TX, I'm letting it sit on the case for a couple of days.

AUTF even included a set of strings. No candy.

UPS guy was begging me to open it so he could look at it.

And yes, that is what you call a phone book on the table. Covers 26 towns in the hell of earth.dfa338d1a1d31a54e9f123baa61153ac.jpgb2e70d44663b7fb05ab25a209ecff236.jpg

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hullabelew said:

NGD yesterday, straight from AUTF Guitar Emporium. Since it shipped from 68 degree, wet SF to 111-ty dry AG bumfuck TX, I'm letting it sit on the case for a couple of days.

AUTF even included a set of strings. No candy.

UPS guy was begging me to open it so he could look at it.

And yes, that is what you call a phone book on the table. Covers 26 towns in the hell of earth.dfa338d1a1d31a54e9f123baa61153ac.jpgb2e70d44663b7fb05ab25a209ecff236.jpg

giphy.gif

• Like 1

JJ, the Arvada Guitar Center has a used 3 piece Gretsch Renown set in natural. They just got it in, so it’s up for sale but can’t be “sold” for a few more days. Not listed on the website yet. I can get it to DFW if you decide you are interested. I can go back for pics and price. 

7 minutes ago, topochico said:

JJ, the Arvada Guitar Center has a used 3 piece Gretsch Renown set in natural. They just got it in, so it’s up for sale but can’t be “sold” for a few more days. Not listed on the website yet. I can get it to DFW if you decide you are interested. I can go back for pics and price. 

Thanks, I appreciate it, but it appears Princess (I kid) has settled in on Gretsch Renown 22x18, 16x14, 12x8 and 10x7 in cherry burst.  We will probably order from Tommy's Drum Shop tomorrow, just to keep it local and hopefully start building a relationship with them.  

Gretsch Renown 4pc Drum Set 22/10/12/16 Cherry Burst

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Thanks, I appreciate it, but it appears Princess (I kid) has settled in on Gretsch Renown 22x18, 16x14, 12x8 and 10x7 in cherry burst.  We will probably order from Tommy's Drum Shop tomorrow, just to keep it local and hopefully start building a relationship with them.  

Gretsch Renown 4pc Drum Set 22/10/12/16 Cherry Burst

Hawt

. . . aaaaaand we've already reversed away from cherry burst.  Jesus Christ.  Now we're back on vintage pearl.  She's killing me.  (Yes, [mention=214]Handcruser[/mention], I realize it's the same finish more or less as your Ludwigs, but she's commited (ha) to 22x18 on the kick drum.)
rn2-e8246-vp_1.jpg

10-4 man! It’s her day - no worries here.

. . . aaaaaand we've already reversed away from cherry burst.  Jesus Christ.  Now we're back on vintage pearl.  She's killing me.  (Yes, [mention=214]Handcruser[/mention], I realize it's the same finish more or less as your Ludwigs, but she's commited (ha) to 22x18 on the kick drum.)
rn2-e8246-vp_1.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, it's a good looking kit, not what I'd pick for their style of music but she made the point that it will contrast to their cherry Gibson SG + black Tele guitars.  I'm a little locked into "proper", they're a little more locked into "fuck you we're gonna do what we want".  I'll go with her vote.  Hopefully tomorrow we pull the trigger.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, it's a good looking kit, not what I'd pick for their style of music but she made the point that it will contrast to their cherry Gibson SG + black Tele guitars.  I'm a little locked into "proper", they're a little more locked into "fuck you we're gonna do what we want".  I'll go with her vote.  Hopefully tomorrow we pull the trigger.

To her point, this is how you set yourself apart.  

funny-or-die-craig-robinson.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

The D-18 from AUTF Guitar Emporium sounds incredible. Honestly don't know how I've lived this long without owning one. I brought my Taylor with me out here and will probably just leave it here. With that cedar top and smaller body, it just has no low end. But for me, that D-18 really shines in the middle.

Could not be happier.  (edited: Damn, that Taylor looks funny in that picture.)  

e2cb4e68bc1db3d4d1471cecd63cbca6.jpg

And I have these two for a bonus.  

30ef4e80c771f2fbd53b449b72e730d7.jpg

Edited by hullabelew
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, noharleyyet said:

I have some of these hard cases somewhere...remind me what they're for. 

For hauling my stuff over to a friend's house to play. I've got black, tweed, and red now and can tell which case has which guitar without opening them all up. Haha.

20230818_101428.jpg

20230818_101620.jpg

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1