The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

No Thank-SG-iving pron today?

I’ll contribute. Replaced the stock PUP covers on my JM with some pole-less whites. Also replaced the Tele-style knobs with vintage aged white Strat-style so it looks more in line with an early 60s JM.

Before:

ed8ecf29a9a6e3f520a7e20bd8a26d14.jpg

After:
3cde528cd553254f3505e59032ace8d0.jpg

4a714fd0cbcd3c841df089b369442f29.jpg

Bonus electronics shot:
851473f1e9b640dd8c9175a002495985.jpg

Also got aged white PUP covers with poles I’ll put on next time I restring. Really digging the current look though.

Edit: Not an SG but fuck it
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Cashdaddyblumpkins said:

I’ll contribute. Replaced the stock PUP covers on my JM with some pole-less whites. Also replaced the Tele-style knobs with vintage aged white Strat-style so it looks more in line with an early 60s JM.

Before:

ed8ecf29a9a6e3f520a7e20bd8a26d14.jpg

After:
3cde528cd553254f3505e59032ace8d0.jpg

4a714fd0cbcd3c841df089b369442f29.jpg

Bonus electronics shot:
851473f1e9b640dd8c9175a002495985.jpg

Also got aged white PUP covers with poles I’ll put on next time I restring. Really digging the current look though.

Edit: Not an SG but fuck it

That’s pretty badass

• Like 1

Well you guys talked me into it. New (to me) JM body inbound and some new vintage style Gotoh locking tuners as well. All I’ll need is a neck plate and some screws and it’s NGD for me.

Btw I got my last neck plates from Nick at Axetreme creations. I sent him an image and he gave me a proof, we made adjustments and boom, it was in my mailbox. Great experience. So that’s probably what I’ll do again.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

Over the weekend, by 13 yr old grand daughter was at the house.  We started recording some things she wanted to sing.  After the first one, I was adding a guitar part and she was on her phone, texting with her friends.     I thought it was because she was bored and wasn't having fun so I was ready to just pull the plug.  Then she starts talking to me and I figure out she had been chatting with her friends, telling how much fun she was having and they were sending her suggestions on songs to record.    

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Neither of my daughters were in to the music stuff.  But I've recorded songs with the 6 and the 13 yr old already and now, when they hit the door, they head to the basement and start playing with the little drum machine.  They name a song, I play it on youtube and learn it.  Then we start recording.  I'm using Reaper now and having to learn it.  Also, my hardware setup isn't like I want it at all.  Hopefully, that will be remedied by Christmas.  

• Like 2

Neither of my daughters were in to the music stuff.  But I've recorded songs with the 6 and the 13 yr old already and now, when they hit the door, they head to the basement and start playing with the little drum machine.  They name a song, I play it on youtube and learn it.  Then we start recording.  I'm using Reaper now and having to learn it.  Also, my hardware setup isn't like I want it at all.  Hopefully, that will be remedied by Christmas.  

Keep us apprised. I’d love to hear about the recording setup and family bonding.

5 hours ago, hullabelew said:

Over the weekend, by 13 yr old grand daughter was at the house.  We started recording some things she wanted to sing.  After the first one, I was adding a guitar part and she was on her phone, texting with her friends.     I thought it was because she was bored and wasn't having fun so I was ready to just pull the plug.  Then she starts talking to me and I figure out she had been chatting with her friends, telling how much fun she was having and they were sending her suggestions on songs to record.    

Love this! I record my 5 year old on garage band app on my phone. No music just her singing and making up songs that are in her head. Love listening back to them

Just a heads up. The Firefly guitars have a thin line Tele and then they had a sunburst version that came with dual P90s. Well they have added two colors to their P90 lineup. 

A metallic red and a powder blue (not metallic).

Here’s the link  https://guitarsgarden.com/collections/ffth-hollow-body-guitars

Price is about $149. 

Scale length: 25.5”

Fretboard radius: 12”

Weight:  7 lbs or a smidgen under

C9F993CB-693B-4C37-9119-A81844C2C371.jpeg

49BE6550-2FCB-407D-B32A-079CB251B2CB.jpeg

3C28F18E-F6CA-4868-A58C-FB63C1A78613.png

C78A277B-3EC2-4CEC-BB42-9686C8AC533B.jpeg

BD65349E-ECC6-45AE-B840-D28C12B8F80A.jpeg

Interesting you posted that. Today I have an apt at a great local shop called Acoustic Vibes. They’ve worked on my Taylor’s there. My main guy there is I think the only guy in Phx who is Taylor certified. Anyway, I’m taking my live rig in to test out guitars because I’m not digging my live sound. And trying to figure out if it’s the guitar or what. The inventory these guys carry is outstanding. Tons of Taylor, Gibson, Martin, Collings, Santa Cruz, Breedlove, and others.

The guy I work with there went to Roberto Venn here in Phoenix and was a builder at Collings for a while. Pretty sure he’ll stick a few of those in my hands. It will be an interesting experiment because what I’m really interested in is a good plugged in sound. Acoustics seem to be way more finicky than electrics when plugged in.

• Hook 'Em 2