Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, Chris Stapleton, and Other Good Stuff

Seasick Sailor

4 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Starting to look like Jimbo Hart's leave of absence from the 400 is permanent.

4 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Had the same thought.  They're doing a lot of photo shoots with the new gal.

Same. I see Jimbo played on Morgan Wade's new album, but I don't think he's touring with her. 

On 4/12/2022 at 12:54 PM, Seasick Sailor said:

New music from Arlo McKinley. Can't wait for the new album. I thought his last release was great.

I hadn't heard of him until this post and I listened to that song a ton before I looked further. I'm glad I did. He's got some great stuff. I love the Slaid Cleaves sad shit, so this guy is up my alley.

I got stuck in this one for a while and it's still in the daily rotation.

On 11/10/2023 at 11:22 AM, BillyBadAss said:

In this general genre, I have two tickets I can't use to John Moreland at 3TEN at ACL Live Nov 17. The seats are row 1-2 GA (GA seating but guaranteed first two rows). Asking $100 for the pair (face value, I'll eat the service charges). PM me if interested. 

Bump - still hanging on to these, hate to see them go to waste. Can anyone use them? 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

This is from a previous post by him about a week ago.  

6 months, today! No weed and not a single thought of doing harm to myself since I put it down. Amazing how changing things really changes things. Peace and love, y’all!

I'm not seeing anything there other than a blue bar and a light bar.

Kinda sounds like he went to rehab, got clean, and decided going back to touring would jeopardize that.  Props to Jimbo if so, and I wish him well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can’t decide if I’m able to enjoy Ryan Adams anymore, and I thought that maybe it didn’t matter after one of his recentish albums. However he just released three albums - I’m listening through Star Sign and it feels kinda vintage Ryan Adams.

• Hook 'Em 1

I can’t decide if I’m able to enjoy Ryan Adams anymore, and I thought that maybe it didn’t matter after one of his recentish albums. However he just released three albums - I’m listening through Star Sign and it feels kinda vintage Ryan Adams.

I’ve been trying to hard to find this killer live uptempo version of Dancing With The Women at the Bar. I’m pretty out on him, but I can jam that shit.

On 1/5/2024 at 1:27 PM, Ten Bears said:

I can't get past the creepy shit he was texting that 14(?) year old girl.  I haven't listened to him in years despite being one of my favorites.

I thought I could, but I've barely listened to him since then.

I have no issue listening to other artists (especially from the 70's) who were POSs like that, but I found Adams so obnoxious as a human prior to that anyways.  Even though I love a lot of his music.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I thought I could, but I've barely listened to him since then.

I have no issue listening to other artists (especially from the 70's) who were POSs like that, but I found Adams so obnoxious as a human prior to that anyways.  Even though I love a lot of his music.

He was extra obnoxious when he was on the sauce and other intoxicants.  I won't bore y'all with the stories (again), but he was a total dick when he lived here in Austin.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

He was extra obnoxious when he was on the sauce and other intoxicants.  I won't bore y'all with the stories (again), but he was a total dick when he lived here in Austin.

I listened to an audiobook about the NYC scene in the early Aughts, and there are a lot of stories of him being just grating in those days.  He was partying pretty hard back then, but I'm not sure he really got any better when he sobered up.

Of course, he didn't really sober up until after his cancellation.  

28 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Yeah he really is a piece of shit, always was. Wrote some great songs. Honestly, even considering bands like Zep I think he’s the one that I most want to just be able to not think about how garbage he is and listen to the music.

I don't know why it's so much easier to blow off the sins of the 60's and 70's, but it is.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I don't know why it's so much easier to blow off the sins of the 60's and 70's, but it is.

This is the wrong thread for it but I was reading something about bands getting cancelled from the... I guess 2000s pop punk/emo scene that I was somewhat involved in. Specifically, Brand New got cancelled because he was basically picking up 16 year olds after shows and trading photos and stuff, and there were some similar allegations about Say Anything as well as Less Than Jake. And I just had this weird dawning of.... fuck man I saw so much of that. I read the Say Anything stuff and was like "oh uh yeah man I wonder if they are talking about the people i personally know who this could describe" or remembering seeing Rog from LTJ take some high school girls back stage, so much of that shit that didn't seem predatory at all (it seemed cool) when you were the 17 year old and it's weird to remember that again now as a 38 year old man and have it register how fucked up it is.

I was 28 when we did Warped Tour and I wouldn't talk to any girls on the assumption that everyone there is 14 years old. Not that I'm so great or whatever because i wasn't really judging people who were less careful at the time but I'm glad I had better sense, etc/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1