LSU @ Texas Analysis: LSU Offense

sushihorn

8 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

That's a good one. 

Willing to bet O makes 10-15 a year what you make. 

Has a higher education

Hotter wife

And could beat your ass

He does make more than me but that is because LSU was rejected by Herman. Still, I am pretty confident I pay more in taxes than you make collecting nutria bounties in the bayou.

Well, I didn't major in gumbo at a directional school in Lousiana nor did I ever learn how to count to potato so you got me there.

My brother-in-law is hotter than his wife.

Dude would be too distracted to fight after I placed a shiny object in front of him.

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What a poor. 

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Damn. You are so tough and alpha. I am supremely confident you are not an overweight middle aged man who measures the time between getting laid in months years. One day I hope to be like you.

• Fuck You 3

45 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

You have a 3rd sting qb and a linebacker at running back and all is fine because of Herman?

I guess he can turn your towel boy into Tom Brady while he is at it

Keontay Ingram is a pretty good player and he’s the starter.  I’ve also learned to not count out Golden Triangle kids.  If RJ averages 3 yards per carry that should be enough.  He doesn’t need to be Jamaal Charles.  My God you are stupid.

You have a 3rd sting qb and a linebacker at running back and all is fine because of Herman?

Keontay Ingram is a pretty good player and he’s the starter.  I’ve also learned to not count out Golden Triangle kids.  If RJ averages 3 yards per carry that should be enough.  He doesn’t need to be Jamaal Charles.  My God you are stupid.

10 minutes ago, F250 said:

He does make more than me but that is because LSU was rejected by Herman. Still, I am pretty confident I pay more in taxes than you make collecting nutria bounties in the bayou.

Well, I didn't major in gumbo at a directional school in Lousiana nor did I ever learn how to count to potato so you got me there.

My brother-in-law is hotter than his wife.

Dude would be too distracted to fight after I placed a shiny object in front of him.

You must haven’t looked into the nutria pelt market. It booming baw 

Its also good to know you think your brother in law is hot. Must be an Aggy alter 

Edited by Billyraychubbs
A
  • Fuck You 4

8 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

I’m stupid because you think a 3rd string qb and a backup linebacker as RB against a top 10 defense is no big deal. My lawd you be dumb as fuck baw 

• Fuck You 7

You have mastered the complex and difficult technological challenge known as the quote feature. Between that and the impressive grasp of the English language demonstrated in your previous posts, there is no reason to doubt that you are in fact very smart. There is certainly no chance you are just another baby boomer who has no idea how to use technology and is out of touch with the world outside of your neo-Confederate swamp bubble.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Billy Ray Chubbs...which I have no doubt is your real name...

You have spent a good portion of your Tuesday morning creating a username for another team's message board.  

We don't give two shits about you.  We don't give two shits about your football program.  We don't give two shits about your life.

But you have exhibited that you give two shits about us.  Otherwise you wouldn't be here. 

How pathetic is your existence?

Then again, you're from Louisiana.  It's the worst state in the nation, outside Oklahoma.  Gotta find something to do.

Other than your sister's vag.  

“We don’t give two shits” - says the guy that replies back with a novel. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Billyraychubbs said:

Only in Texas are you a fag

I'm going to be honest - I don't know what you're implying.  Is this because Texas is less tolerant than other places and this particular slur is more common?

Or are you saying that he only engages in homosexual acts in the state of Texas?

It is unclear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

I’m stupid because you think a 3rd string qb and a backup linebacker as RB against a top 10 defense is no big deal. My lawd you be dumb as fuck baw 

You’re stupid because you can’t read.  We have a starting RB.  The 3rd string QB is the backup and beyond that we have a true freshman WR.  I’m not sure where you came up with this LB story.  Stop hitting the fireball and bud light so hard it’s only Tuesday morning you dumb drunk motherfucker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

You’re stupid because you can’t read.  We have a starting RB.  The 3rd string QB is the backup and beyond that we have a true freshman WR.  I’m not sure where you came up with this LB story.  Stop hitting the fireball and bud light so hard it’s only Tuesday morning you dumb drunk motherfucker.

Ahem.... you might want to look up what’s going on with Gbenda this week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billyraychubbs said:

Moran (Irish: Ó Móráin) is a modern Irish surname and derived from membership of a medieval dynastic sept. 

im English so fuck you

1 hour ago, Billyraychubbs said:

Tigers gonna whip y'all's ass and send you back to Charlie strong days. Herman can't French kiss his way out of this ass whipping

So if we win will you admit O out coached Herman?  I will take a coach with a coonass accent over one who has a spit swapping make out match with his players every day. 

Y'all better  hope Herman doesn't get mono cause if he does y'all want have a team

100 bucks says after we mutilate Texas you resort to some cave and have vigorous butt sex while some illegal Mexican midget wearing ass less chaps Spurs you. No fuck off baw

The score board is what's gonna hurt. After we beat y'all's ass I figure y'all can sit around and post about beating Georgia last year. 

That's a good one. 

Willing to bet O makes 10-15 a year what you make. 

Has a higher education

Hotter wife

And could beat your ass

59 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

You care enough to post about me. 

Your right I have nothing else to do. Waiting to go into surgery and I thought to myself. I may die today, may as well troll a bunch of Texas fags before I go out. 

58 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

It's only Tuesday baw. Pace yourself. 

55 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

You bad baw..you bad

We all know what O's wife looks like. Post some picks baw. 

54 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

No sex change. Dick reduction surgery. Back at my what it used to be

35 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

Is Aranda capable of make inferences adjustments?  I would say so. 

Your line won’t give elinger 5-6 secs all night. He will be under considerable pressure and will be forced out of the pocket. He will make plays early and often but I think as Aranda adjust our defense we begin to suffocate y’alls offense. That’s just my opinion man

30 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

What a poor. 

22 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

You must haven’t looked into the nutria pelt market. It booming baw 

Its also good to know you think your brother in law is hot. Must be an Aggy alter 

14 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

11 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

Your right. But Herman will make out with you. Can’t deny it. 

10 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

Only in Texas are you a fag

ουκ ὑπολαμβανεις πολλα αλλα λεγεις πολλα
με μη λεγε ὁλα σοι ἑλλενικη

1 minute ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Ahem.... you might want to look up what’s going on with Gbenda this week. 

I thought that was speculation.  Was that confirmed?  Either way, that’s an emergency TB situation.  I’m not real worried about that.  I expect Sam to put the team on his back and for us to run a lot of play #8 against the Farmer Fran fucks.

50 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

Is Aranda capable of make inferences adjustments?  I would say so. 

Your line won’t give elinger 5-6 secs all night. He will be under considerable pressure and will be forced out of the pocket. He will make plays early and often but I think as Aranda adjust our defense we begin to suffocate y’alls offense. That’s just my opinion man

How'd that work against Mullen with Fitzgerald and Franks? That is what Texas' game plan will be with Ehlinger who is a better QB than either of those two.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Same cold, runny dog shit, over and over.

Nothing has changed.

LSU D > Texas D; Texas O > LSU O.

Tossup on that part, although I think slants a bit Texas' way on accounta Texas D built to stop XII O, which is exactly what LSU O is trying to emulate, while LSU D built to stop SECSECSEC O, which is not at all what Texas O does.

But at least three other parts - in our non-fries-with-that opinions - are in Texas' favor:

Home field;

Dicker the Kicker;

MensaTom.

QED.

Honest Question: Who has the advantage as it relates to preparation for this game?

Your defensive coordinators/analysts/consultants have spent hours combing over 2018 LSU film all spring and summer; scouting offensive alignments, personnel, tendencies, maybe they even looked at some Saints/Penn State film.

Now Texas' defensive coordinators/analysts/consultants have to prepare for a whole new offense in 5 days off of 1 game tape; get familiar with match-ups and personnel groupings and alignments, can't really trust the tendencies off of 1 game tape. On top of that Texas is still breaking in 8 new starters on defense; will your LBs and CBs trust their reads?

On the flip side:

LSU's 2-year book on Herman and Ehlinger is still intact.    

• Fuck You 1

In all honesty, I think this game is a pretty dangerous for a young, but talented Texas defense. Stopping LSU’s quick passing attack will require assignment discipline and clean tackling. Make a mistake and LSU has the athletes to make you pay.

I don’t think LSU has anything close to a schematic advantage like we’ll see against OU, but they can certainly make us pay for the sloppy play that inexperience can cause. That’s generally true in Big 12 play so I’m not too worried the coaches won’t be ready for it.

The key for LSU will be oline play. If they can’t win up front in the run game, it will enable us to be more aggressive defensively and mask the mistakes resulting from inexperience. I fully expect to see a few breakdowns, but I don’t see consistent drives without a solid run game. If LSU can’t control the LOS, they will not win the game.

Edited by bigcigar

2 minutes ago, DayHeGeaux said:

Honest Question: Who has the advantage as it relates to preparation for this game?

Your defensive coordinators/analysts/consultants have spent hours combing over 2018 LSU film all spring and summer; scouting offensive alignments, personnel, tendencies, maybe they even looked at some Saints/Penn State film.

Now Texas' defensive coordinators/analysts/consultants have to prepare for a whole new offense in 5 days off of 1 game tape; get familiar with match-ups and personnel groupings and alignments, can't really trust the tendencies off of 1 game tape. On top of that Texas is still breaking in 8 new starters on defense; will your LBs and CBs trust their reads?

On the flip side:

Yup. TX is wholly unprepared to defend against a spread no huddle attack. Whatever will we do against this offense that every fucking one of our conference opponents have more experience running. Hopefully your players are smelling their own farts as much as their fans on this

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yup. TX is wholly unprepared to defend against a spread no huddle attack. Whatever will we do against this offense that every fucking one of our conference opponents have more experience running. Hopefully your players are smelling their own farts as much as their fans on this

So Texas doesn't watch film? They don't do game prep? They're prepared for all spread concepts with 8 new starters on defense? Got it. Thanks.

• Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, DayHeGeaux said:

On the flip side:

I am more than confident that Texas' defensive coordinator/analysts/consultants/players are all more familiar with LSU's "new" offense than LSU's offense is. That's not hyperbole; that's just life in the Big XII. Mike Leach, Lincoln Riley, and Kliff Kingsbury will all be somewhere other than the LSU sidelines come Saturday. There is absolutely zero about the LSU brain trust that inspires trepidation.

Any success LSU has on offense will be due to recruiting success, not schematic advantage.

40 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

Your right. But Herman will make out with you. Can’t deny it. 

Don't give a shit about your ridiculous football takes because whatever, it's what opposing fans do. However, the continued incorrect usage/spelling of "your" instead of "you're" will not fucking stand man. Negged.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I am more than confident that Texas' defensive coordinator/analysts/consultants/players are all more familiar with LSU's "new" offense than LSU's offense is. That's not hyperbole; that's just life in the Big XII. Mike Leach, Lincoln Riley, and Kliff Kingsbury will all be somewhere other than the LSU sidelines come Saturday. There is absolutely zero about the LSU brain trust that inspires trepidation.

Any success LSU has on offense will be due to recruiting success, not schematic advantage.

You do know the schemes put the talent (recruits) in position to succeed? It's not mutually exclusive.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

If the UT defense knows the LSU offense i.e. spread? why has it had such trouble stopping such offenses in the big xii?  I think your claims are laughable.  

Because the Big 12 has perfected the use of the spread over the course of the last 20 years, with each individual coach having their own wrinkles - as opposed to LSU waking up last offseason and deciding to join the rest of the football world and use a "spread" offense with players not recruited for it.

Just now, Istian said:

Because the Big 12 has perfected the use of the spread over the course of the last 20 years, with each individual coach having their own wrinkles - as opposed to LSU waking up last offseason and deciding to join the rest of the football world and use a "spread" offense with players not recruited for it.

All of LSU's QBs, RBs, WRs, played spread in HS.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm all for talking shit, but coming to a Big XII board and saying Texas has no film on the spread offense is retarded. 

When did I say that? I said you had no film on LSU.

So is Texas going to watch OU and/or Texas Tech film to prepare for LSU?

Edited by DayHeGeaux
Edit
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, DayHeGeaux said:

All of LSU's QBs, RBs, WRs, played spread in HS.

...what's missing from this list?

Newsflash to the visitors from the "line of scrimmage league" -- success in HUNH spread starts with the offensive line, just like it does in every other football system. And you have to be a certain phenotype with a certain skillset and a certain education in the game to play it correctly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

That certainly doesn't bode well for you, then, given that your offensive line was entirely recruited to play fatball, not HUNH spread.

LSU's OL IMO is still TBD. While they did great against GA Southern. It still remains to be seen if they can do it against better competition. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 2:35 AM, sushihorn said:

Note: This is broken up into 2 parts because of tl;dr and standard surly ADD.

Contrary to popular belief, LSU is not a great running team.  They’re not even that good a running team.  They were quite average in 2018 with 4.0 YPC (recall UGa was 6.1 YPC).  Their yards per attempt ranked #91 in the country.  Taking out sacks, they rushed for 4.6 YPC against the standard 3 cupcake schedule and none of their RBs came close to averaging 5 yds per carry (again both of UGa’s were at 6.5 YPC going into the Sugar Bowl).  I suspect many people only saw the LSU-Georgia game and are extrapolating from that season best performance fueled by 4 UGa turnovers.

The design of the offense is very conservative, even more so than Georgia.  LSU tries to protect the ball, control field position and wear down the defense but doesn’t score much.  20 points or less was typical against better defenses unless they got multiple turnovers or big special teams plays.  60/40 is their run-pass ratio with very heavy tendency to run between the tackles.  Their top returning back Edwards-Helaire averaged 4.5 YPC in 2018.  They have some talented youngsters incoming but there’s no way to assess how much impact they might have in game 2 of their career.

Quarterback

As with UGa the play calling tends towards run, run, deep shot with WR screens and hitches thrown in occasionally.  But LSU has a much less accurate passer than Fromm.  Joe Burrow completed 57.8% of his passes for 7.7 YPA.  The main things in his favor are that he’s tough so he’s less likely to get rattled and he’s a pretty good runner.  6.3 YPC (sacks removed) is pretty darn good and higher than Sam’s.  As a runner LSU’s QB is equivalent to Baylor’s Charlie Brewer or ISU’s Brock Purdy. 

As a passer Burrow would be one of the worst quarterbacks in the Big XII.  If you want to see a statistical comparison of Burrow and Sam Ehlinger I did one in January here: 

Burrow protects the ball pretty well with only 5 INTs to go with his 16 TD last season.  Put him in a hole and under pressure and that’s when the mistakes happen so getting a lead and forcing them to play catch up is important.

This board is far more difficult than tigerdroppings.  Wow.  Not sure how one can reply or do anything.  Is there a help board.  Let me suggest you go to tigerdroppings.com and copy what they have done.  

Anyway,, when did you write this because it is completely wrong.  Laughably so...lol.

• Fuck You 5