Texas Women's Soccer

Js1

Texas #22 in this morning's RPI.

We have #48 WV on Thursday at 4:30 (ESPN+) in the Big 12 semifinals

If we advance, our opponent is either #20 TCU or #80 Oklahoma

Texas is still well in position to host a first round match at Meyers.   I'd say we have an outside shot at being top 16 if we win the Big 12 tournament - Texas' 14 wins right now are higher than 13 teams immediately ahead of us, including TCU.

In terms of P5 teams, we are in the same company as UCLA, Alabama and Michigan State as being in the top 25 of the RPI with only 1 loss on the season.  But we are also one of a handful of teams in the top 25 of RPI with 4+ ties (BYU has 6, Clemson, TCU and Georgetown have 5, South Carolina, UCF and Texas have 4)

She was COY. Byars got offensive POY and Cox got Defensive POY.

Byars, Cox and Missimo First Team. Regan and Shimkin Second Team 

Except for Regan, all sophomores.

Surprised Madden wasn’t Second Team. Since WV and TCU‘s keepers were co-GK of the Year and first team along with OSU’s GK, Tech’s GK made second team. They put 3 GKs on the first team, wtf 

Madden got shafted - 2nd in GAA, 2nd in shutouts, 1st in saves and 4th in saves per game 

Edited by Js1

21 hours ago, Js1 said:

Texas does not double dip the regular season and tournament, losing in pathetic fashion 1-0 in the semifinals

She’s coaching for her life this postseason 

21 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Wut?  You really think she’d get fired after a conference title?

21 hours ago, Js1 said:

No but her body of work 

I can't go into details, but I don't get the impression that she's facing an exit, even if she goes 1 and done in the NCAA tournament. I hope I am wrong, but I'm very, very bearish on her being shown the door.

• Rage+1 1

15 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I thought the Big12 would be a 2 bid league, but with WVU stealing an auto-bid by winning the Big12 tournament I'm guessing it will be a 3 bid league. If the committee decides to stick with 2 bids, then I would imagine TCU is more in danger of getting left out than Texas.

TCU's RPI is 21 and Texas' is 26.  Big 12 will get 3 bids with OSU on the bubble, likely on the outside looking in.

TCU is projected as a #6 seed and Texas as a #8 seed.  Both should host a first round game. 

TCU was a 5 and Texas was a 7. 

WV also a 7, which was surprising. 

31 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Looks like we host A&M on Friday at 5pm.     Are tourney games still free at Myers?  Would love to take the kids for a half, but can't drop $100 for all of us to watch just a half.  Thanks.

$8 for adults and kids over 12

$3 for under 12

TexasSports.com | Online Ticket Office | Texas vs. Texas A&M (evenue.net)

23 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Texas was punished for allowing WVU to get a bid. If we get past aggy, then Duke will likely impose their will on us in the 2nd round. Don’t extend Kelly yet, CDC

Who knows what will happen because it seems like Kelly sucks but Duke limped to the finish. 

In the last 6 games they finished with a loss, tie, win, tie, win, loss. 

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

Any chance this match is postponed?  Supposed to take my eldest but weather looks…not ideal. 

Pretty sure the thunderstorms will be through the area by kickoff.  Might be a few showers during the game, though.  I think we are going to watch from the comfort of our living room, but haven't made the final call yet.

Texas did well to withstand the early opportunities Duke had in the first half. We'll see if the Texas middles can find away to assist Byars into space for a scoring opportunity. Texas had 0 shots on goal the first half....
The mids moved the ball pretty well, just couldn't find a path to byers or any open shooter. Duke back line is strong.