Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

51 minutes ago, Chango said:

As soon as he realizes that offense is costing him multiple draft rounds and he gets a good NIL offer, he gone. 

It's ironic that the recruit that was supposed to be the most plugged in to social media and leveraging nil possibilities ended up making the worst possible choice. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Beauty. If only he could suit up for us this fall 

I know he figures to fit a position of need, but my expectations for the team aren't so low that I think we'd benefit from trotting out a 17yr-old (maybe he's 18, idk) with an injured knee

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I know he figures to fit a position of need, but my expectations for the team aren't so low that I think we'd benefit from trotting out a 17yr-old (maybe he's 18, idk) with an injured knee

Modern medicine has come a long way. Knee injuries, especially ACL’s aren’t as damning as they used to be. The one year recoveries of the past are like 6 months nowadays.

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Was Gullette's injury conformed to be an ACL injury?  I know it was mentioned on here being from a basketball game.

Yeah on the recent EGAT podcast Gerry said it was an ACL. But others like Standish are saying that he is way ahead of schedule and could possibly play in the playoffs this season

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Can we get one of you smart guys to tell us who is in this pic?  (I got Stroh in the upper left).

Pretty sure #70; back row, third from the left is TCU commit Trevor Goosby.

I knew his Dad, Michael (Mike) when we were in HS. Played Summer League hoops with him. Great guy and Terrific athlete. “Gooz” was about 6’3” (again in HS) and could jump outta the gym.  One hand, two hand, reverses. Just crazy hops. 
He was also an accomplished football player. He came “this close” to walking on as an FA with the Cowboys. Michael Irvin was definitely “in his camp” as possible future teammate. Alas, he ultimately got called to the Gimp’s office.

Anyway, sorry to go off on a tangent- I guess my point is; if Trevor has half the athleticism as his Dad- He’s a take.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Top row from L-to-R is Stroh-Hill-Goosby-Walton-Spencer-Cojoe-Chatman-Shelby

#4 is Gullette and #14 is Dylan Rogers.

#0 is Burrell, #3 is Niblett, #2 is Wilson

Edited by OB3
  • Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Can we get one of you smart guys to tell us who is in this pic?  (I got Stroh in the upper left).

Love that we have Burrell already in this class, i'm drinking the koolaid on what Gerry has to say about him.