Time to hold CDC accountable: Is he a coward or a man of his word

alphahorn

Is CDC just a press release highlight reel or a man of his word committed to UT athletics living up to its potential. He pledged, ""My goal is for all of our sports to be in the top 10 in the country," The reality is at the University of Texas, you should be. Every single program should compete for national championships. We're in a phenomenal city. We have a phenomenal university. You never know if it's going to happen, but that should be your goal."

Well Chris, our football team still looks Charlie bad and that's f'n bad. Mensa in spite of his arrogance hasn't proven he can develop the talent he recruits and field a team that lives up to the goals you set for them.   Shaka has turned our basketball program into a shit show, oh yeah we won a tournament to claim the 65th best program in the country last year.  You claimed that you would arm the coaches with the resources to win and that we should compete for national championships and at a minimum finish in the top 10.  Well, if you're actually watching, it ain't happening.  So what are you going to do about it?  All the pregame carnival bullshit won't mean a thing if the SMUs, Baylors, TCUs of the state continue to outperform your coaches and their infinitely greater resources.

You had a chance to be a man of your word and make a change for the basketball program last year, but you didn't. Will you also sit by and watch this football program deteriorate further or will you insist changes be made?  Are your "Goals" meaningless sound bites or measures of your accomplishment and your job performance?

Are you an empty suit, another over paid employee of our athletic program, or an agent for change and success?  

We're watching.

• Like 2

Tom Herman needs to be a head coach, not a coordinator. He needs a dedicated offensive coordinator.

Head coaches offer oversight to their coordinators and make sure to have a good pulse of the team. Each aspect is currently lacking.

Personally I don't care how it comes about, but Tom needs to re-appropriate his own duties and unburden himself in the process. The Texas job comes with a lot of stresses, many of them very stupid, but if he's coordinating he can't possibly cover all the tasks.

Having a 7-4 split on O/D is egregious. Nobody with an IQ above 80 thought it made sense in real time, especially in a league where offense is easier to come by than defense. We kinda gave him the benefit of the doubt because it's his tenure. But it didn't make sense.

So now it's time to fix things.

How do y'all think Chris Del Conte felt eating that loss sitting in the house of his former employer.

None of this is emotional due to the loss. It's just the green light I needed to offer thoughts I've held for some time. In fact, dating back to when the only move he made was hiring Herb Hand.

IT

I looked him square in the face and said "Del Conte, you shifty Italian carpetbagger, I have been a season ticket holder for 15 years since my parents died and they kept sending the tickets to me and I have never seen a team with less desire to win or hearts of champions and you sir are the leader of these men and I cannot let that continue, I will duel you for the honor of my University and my ex-wife." and I could see the fear in his eyes as he said this was an Arby's. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I looked him square in the face and said "Del Conte, you shifty Italian carpetbagger, I have been a season ticket holder for 15 years since my parents died and they kept sending the tickets to me and I have never seen a team with less desire to win or hearts of champions and you sir are the leader of these men and I cannot let that continue, I will duel you for the honor of my University and my ex-wife." and I could see the fear in his eyes as he said this was an Arby's. 

well played

Many people love him. I have never been impressed. Why is important that you answer fucking twitter? The carnival and silent disco shit if fucking pointless. 

Win, that’s fucking it. Hire people that get you a shot at a title.

Shaka has been shit too. This is the last year I will give him.

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Dude, never interrupt a man that's chowing down a beef and cheddar with a large curly fries. That's personal time

Edited by perfectchaos007

5 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Many people love him. I have never been impressed. Why is important that you answer fucking twitter? The carnival and silent disco shit if fucking pointless. 

Win, that’s fucking it. Hire people that get you a shot at a title.

Shaka has been shit too. This is the last year I will give him.

Serious question - do you attend home games or watch them on TV?

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

He didn't hire any of these fuckers. He's in a real tough spot with Smart. He's only had a few weeks to cope with shittastic Herman.

Give him a break.

the AD at Texas is never in a tough spot unless the keep giving undeserved guaranteed extensions which of course is their own making.  he should have fired Smart last year.  this year he has no excuse not to fire him when we are bad/mediocre again.

he said he wants top 10 coaches well in our most important sports we have one that is barely top 25 and one that is worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

the AD at Texas is never in a tough spot unless the keep giving undeserved guaranteed extensions which of course is their own making.  he should have fired Smart last year.  this year he has no excuse not to fire him when we are bad/mediocre again.

he said he wants top 10 coaches well in our most important sports we have one that is barely top 25 and one that is worse.

which one is top 25? not football, not basketball, are we preseason top 25 in baseball?  if so that's an insult. that's our game, outside the top 5 should burn any respectable AD

Edited by alphahorn

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

He didn't give Smart his extension.

He did give Herny his and now he has to deal with it.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

He didn't give Smart his extension.

He did give Herny his and now he has to deal with it.

yes I know he didn't give  Smart his extension.  he didn't hire him either.   what I'm saying is he isn't in a tough spot, he's the AD at Texas not Oregon State

12 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

which one is top 25? not football, not basketball, are we preseason top 25 in baseball?  if so that's an insult. that's our game, outside the top 5 should burn any respectable AD

i'm giving Herman barely top 25, smart is top 65.

27 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

You asked a stupid question and got a smartass answer.  Are you surprised?

It's stupid to ask if a man has ever fired someone for losing? And yet, no one seems to know. They're hanging their hopes on a guy they have no clue if he will fire Herman, or if he's ever had to do so. He had the good fortune of having Patterson before coming here. 

This is all really entertaining. Not OU-losing-to-KState entertaining.  But close.   I don't like Herman and haven't since that Monday presser after the (2nd) debacle against Maryland.  That day the dude was the epitome of an unbridled ass, and more.  He took holier-than-thou to a new level that day, and really hasn't stopped since.   The sledgehammer, gold teeth, baseball bat and all the other cute props are so, so fun.  But oh well.  Herman's shown to be nothing more than an average coach at the prime level of college football but still maintains himself to be smarter than everyone in the room, x100.  On an unlikeable scale, he's reaching new heights by the day.

But Herman's not going anywhere.  If you think Del Conte is going to cut ties with him anytime soon you're either delusional, drunk or a wicked combination of both.  I don't like the guy and probably never will.  But I have to get used to hm for the foreseeable future.   And so do you. 

• Like 1

He fired Connie Clark and went out and got a great coach.  A really great coach.

He fired Mario Sategna and got a great coach.

He's a bit more than a fundraiser.  I think he can offer "protection" to Herman if Herman makes satisfactory moves.  But, yeah, ultimately his decision on HFC is guided or determined by boosters.

Giving him a contract extension after last year was definitely premature.  We need to implement a rule of no extensions until the final year of the contract, period.  One-time bonus, fine.  No extensions.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

He fired Connie Clark and went out and got a great coach.  A really great coach.

yep,  he didn't renew Connie but it was basically a firing.

I just hope he has the balls to do it in the sports that you make your name on(unless you are aggy and talk about how great your tier 3 sports are)

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

He's a bit more than a fundraiser.  I think he can offer "protection" to Herman if Herman makes satisfactory moves.  But, yeah, ultimately his decision on HFC is guided or determined by boosters.

Giving him a contract extension after last year was definitely premature.  We need to implement a rule of no extensions until the final year of the contract, period.  One-time bonus, fine.  No extensions.

Appreciate the response. I forgot about Connie, thank God. 

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

the big money donors had a hand in getting CDC hired.  if CDC says I want to make a change and here is why and how, they can certainly say "not writing the check" but they also hired him. It depends somewhat what kind of brass balls CDC has.  He already knows this ship is not getting to top 10 again.  recruiting will suffer after the 1-3 finish and then the real spiral begins.