Fuck all you trolls

Judge Roybeanbag

Hugo’s School of Trolling 

Trolling is largely subjective.  What appears as a troll to one person can easily appear as benign snarky sarcasm and/or unpleasant truths to another.

There are many tactics a troll can use.  Most posters have done some trolling at some point, and that’s okay.  It’s like fighting in hockey matches, it’s part of the game and it happens.  

Moreover, not all trolling is nefarious.  Trolls can be entertaining and funny.  It’s all about perspective.

However, at their core, most trolls are attention whores.  They love attention, even if it’s negatively charged.  They are also great for clicks, sadly.

A look at the different types of Trolls:

Flamer Troll - uses lots of hate rhetoric and ad hominem attacks.  These are the name calling bullies.  They celebrate the misfortune of others (haha liberal tears!  Fuck everyone who doesn’t share my opinion!  They should all be banned and not allowed to vote or speak!  Ship them back to Africa!) also known as the insult troll.  

Concern Troll - You mad bro?  You seem upset?  Why so serious?  Just asking questions?

Ignorant Troll - pretends to be uninformed and dumb in the hopes other posters call out their stupidity only to escalate the dialogue into a broken shouting match or rhetorical circles of dialogue.

Contrarian Troll - defends radically unpopular positions just to stir the pot and be divisive. 

Sport Troll - (one of my favorites) posts short and cutting criticisms usually targeted to enrage specific posters.  The sport troll is the snarky asshole.

Know-it-all Troll -  the seem to be an expert on everything and their opinion is superior to everyone else’s on every topic.  Dissenting opinions will be treated as idiotic and should be disregarded.

Spammer Troll - Phelgm (he’s harmless)

Long Winded Troll - intentionally makes lengthy posts to give the appearance of legitimacy but the content is usually very uninformed and/or logically ridiculous. 

Derail Troll - intentionally injects provocative post completely unrelated to the topic and progressively diverts the conversation to something completely off topic.

The Victim Troll -  argues that there is an ongoing conspiracy against them from other posters and/or admins.  They are forever persecuted and never guilty of anything.  “It wasn’t me, it was the one armed man! and the shaggy liberal cabal!”  “The Deep State/George Soros are in cahoots to use antifa and black lives matter to overthrow the government! Ermagerd!” Lots of unwitting ignorant victim trolls out there today.

Kremlin Troll - full arsenal of trolling tactics including character assassination of posters they don’t agree with.  They rage against others with inflammatory ad hominem attacks.  They will accuse others of being paid posters or bots.  They push conspiracy theories like pizzagate and QAnon.  Sadly, there are many posters out there that fit the Kremlin troll profile, unwittingly.

As a general rule, the best way to combat trolls is to simply not engage; ever.  

Don’t quote, don’t debate, don’t bitch.  Just let the troll posts sit there twisting in wind with zero responses.  This crushes the troll’s spirit because at their core, they are attention whores, nothing more.

In conclusion, almost all posters have trolled in some form or another, even if unwittingly/unintentionally.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

ARTICLE 1

Section 10

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Federal Reserve Notes used to be convertable to gold and silver.  That ended in 1971.  Are Federal Reserve Notes Constitutional legal tender?

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trolling is largely subjective.  What appears as a troll to one person can easily appear as benign snarky sarcasm and/or unpleasant truths to another.

There are many tactics a troll can use.  Most posters have done some trolling at some point, and that’s okay.  It’s like fighting in hockey matches, it’s part of the game and it happens.  

Moreover, not all trolling is nefarious.  Trolls can be entertaining and funny.  It’s all about perspective.

However, at their core, most trolls are attention whores.  They love attention, even if it’s negatively charged.  They are also great for clicks, sadly.

Flamer Troll - uses lots of hate rhetoric and ad hominem attacks.  These are the name calling bullies.  They celebrate the misfortune of others (haha liberal tears!  Fuck everyone who doesn’t share my opinion!  They should all be banned and not allowed to vote or speak!  Ship them back to Africa!) also known as the insult troll.  

Concern Troll - You mad bro?  You seem upset?  Why so serious?  Just asking questions?

Ignorant Troll - pretends to be uninformed and dumb in the hopes other posters call out their stupidity only to escalate the dialogue into a broken shouting match or rhetorical circles of dialogue.

Contrarian Troll - defends radically unpopular positions just to stir the pot and be divisive. 

Sport Troll - (one of my favorites) posts short and cutting criticisms usually targeted to enrage specific posters.  The sport troll is the snarky asshole.

Know-it-all Troll -  the seem to be an expert on everything and their opinion is superior to everyone else’s on every topic.  Dissenting opinions will be treated as idiotic and should be disregarded.

Long Winded Troll - intentionally makes lengthy posts to give the appearance of legitimacy but the content is usually very uninformed and/or logically ridiculous. 

Derail Troll - intentionally injects provocative post completely unrelated to the topic and progressively diverts the conversation to something completely off topic.

The Victim Troll -  argues that there is an ongoing conspiracy against them from other posters and/or admins.  They are forever persecuted and never guilty of anything.  “It wasn’t me, it was the one armed man! and the shaggy liberal cabal!”  “The Deep State/George Soros are in cahoots to use antifa and black lives matter to overthrow the government! Ermagerd!” Lots of unwitting ignorant victim trolls out there today.

Kremlin Troll - full arsenal of trolling tactics including character assassination of posters they don’t agree with.  They rage against others with inflammatory ad hominem attacks.  They will accuse others of being paid posters or bots.  They push conspiracy theories like pizzagate and QAnon.  Sadly, there are many posters out there that fit the Kremlin troll profile, unwittingly.

Don’t quote, don’t debate, don’t bitch.  Just let the troll posts sit there twisting in wind with zero responses.  This crushes the troll’s spirit because at their core, they are attention whores, nothing more.

In conclusion, almost all posters have trolled in some form or another, even if unwittingly/unintentionally.  

Pos rep as this wasn't from your twitter feed.

11 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Don't worry 88badmofo is back after begging to be a mod on dead shaggy

That was one of the most pathetic things I've seen on the interwebz.  That's really saying something.  What a cunt.  I'll have to learn how to neg someone around these parts when I see his ass. 

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That was one of the most pathetic things I've seen on the interwebz.  That's really saying something.  What a cunt.  I'll have to learn how to neg someone around these parts when I see his ass. 

surly bannable offenses imo

On 4/7/2018 at 9:37 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Which one are you?

I like to think I'm the "Sport Troll" since my shit is so hilarious.