Cowboy Boots

Silky Johnston

@Herbie Hancock did you ever work with or know the Boots and Jeans store in Amarillo. Was a crazy busy store for years and had great customer service. The original owner sold it 2-3 times over the years. He would sell it and the new buyer would run it in the ground, then buy it back and build it back up to a well oiled machine, then sell it again. It was the best boot and hat store for several years.

I am appalled at the lack of quality with my second pair of Tecovas. I've worn them probably 15 times and the sole is beginning to separate from the instep. It looks to me like the outsole stitching is frayed and perhaps didn't go all the way through. Is that possible? I've going to take them to a Tecovas store. I bought them last summer.   Looking at the prices of Tecovas vs. other boots now makes me think they've lost their way.  I see that they have 185 dollar bedroom slippers now. 

26 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I am appalled at the lack of quality with my second pair of Tecovas. I've worn them probably 15 times and the sole is beginning to separate from the instep. It looks to me like the outsole stitching is frayed and perhaps didn't go all the way through. Is that possible? I've going to take them to a Tecovas store. I bought them last summer.   Looking at the prices of Tecovas vs. other boots now makes me think they've lost their way.  I see that they have 185 dollar bedroom slippers now.

follow up with their customer service ASAP, basically everyone i know who have had an issue they have made it right. i think their QA got a lot worse after their first year but even then they were pretty quick to send a replacement out.

https://www.tecovas.com/help-center

looks like you can chat with them on their website, get an email back (send it to howdy@tecovas.com) or call them at 833-832-6827

not defending them at all, but hopefully that gets you taken care of!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

follow up with their customer service ASAP, basically everyone i know who have had an issue they have made it right. i think their QA got a lot worse after their first year but even then they were pretty quick to send a replacement out.

https://www.tecovas.com/help-center

looks like you can chat with them on their website, get an email back (send it to howdy@tecovas.com) or call them at 833-832-6827

not defending them at all, but hopefully that gets you taken care of!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never thought I'd be a boot wearer but here I am.

My friend's dad was a western wear/boot guy, born and raised in SW Oklahoma. He had a pair of boots he wore for years until they had just worn out. My buddy went to a Lucchese outlet and got him a pair that was as close to the same style as he could find. His dad appreciated them and wore them once but said they just weren't the same. So my buddy took the old boots to some boot wizard, said the guy looked like he just fell out of a covered wagon and had all these ancient looking leather-working tools. The boot wizard took a couple months but got the old boots back to almost new. His dad nearly wept when he saw them. The new Lucchese's went into the closet until his dad passed away a few months ago. My buddy can't wear the new boots, but I can, so he just gave them to me. The model is the Bart, super pointed toe but IDGAF, they feel nice.

image.thumb.png.9c92d079b9c6d6a8706d0b01b746cdb7.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Never thought I'd be a boot wearer but here I am.

My friend's dad was a western wear/boot guy, born and raised in SW Oklahoma. He had a pair of boots he wore for years until they had just worn out. My buddy went to a Lucchese outlet and got him a pair that was as close to the same style as he could find. His dad appreciated them and wore them once but said they just weren't the same. So my buddy took the old boots to some boot wizard, said the guy looked like he just fell out of a covered wagon and had all these ancient looking leather-working tools. The boot wizard took a couple months but got the old boots back to almost new. His dad nearly wept when he saw them. The new Lucchese's went into the closet until his dad passed away a few months ago. My buddy can't wear the new boots, but I can, so he just gave them to me. The model is the Bart, super pointed toe but IDGAF, they feel nice.

image.thumb.png.9c92d079b9c6d6a8706d0b01b746cdb7.png

Yeah, the problem is you didn't get Lucchese Classics.  All Luccheses used to be that quality.  No mas.

Lucchese is a completely bullshit bootmaker now. only D and EE widths.  That's horseshit.

I had to get work boots again. Job-sites and deer camp are hard on boots.   Went back to the Twisted X brand.  They’re not terribly expensive, have unique styles and are incredibly comfortable on this old man’s feet.  

There are known Twisted X haters on this board.  No me importa. 

IMG_9799.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

On 2/18/2024 at 9:52 AM, deadshank said:

I had to get work boots again. Job-sites and deer camp are hard on boots.   Went back to the Twisted X brand.  They’re not terribly expensive, have unique styles and are incredibly comfortable on this old man’s feet.  

IMG_9799.jpeg

Twisted X makes a good work boot, I’ve heard.  I’ve got a metric ton of wear out of a pair that get bad reviews, but have been great for me (Irish setters, ~4 years everyday wear). The soles are finally getting bald in some spots that could cause me issues if it contributed to an incident, so will probably replace soon.  They were comfortable af from day 1, have been near everyday wear for last 4 years from job site to field to everyday wear.   Based on the reviews I didn’t expect them to last half as long, but steel isn’t even showing. Just a couple of bald spots. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I know Cuero boots have gotten some love and hate on this board.  Just wanted to pass along that they currently have a 50% sale right now.  Just purchased a pair of their "Eastwood" for $120 shipped.   They are Tecovas knockoffs, so that's what you're getting.   FYI, their checkout is wonky - you can't use any autofill on the credit card / address forms as it won't complete the order. 

Cuero Boots.png

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 9:07 AM, BottleRocket said:

I know Cuero boots have gotten some love and hate on this board.  Just wanted to pass along that they currently have a 50% sale right now.  Just purchased a pair of their "Eastwood" for $120 shipped.   They are Tecovas knockoffs, so that's what you're getting.   FYI, their checkout is wonky - you can't use any autofill on the credit card / address forms as it won't complete the order. 

Cuero Boots.png

they don't have all sizes in all colors but the sale is ongoing. it's a tough deal to beat

On 2/18/2024 at 9:52 AM, deadshank said:

IMG_9799.jpeg

this has turned into my goto work boot/shoe ...

MDMNTW2.07_1400x1400_L_1000x.jpg?v=16734

On 2/21/2024 at 9:07 AM, BottleRocket said:

Cuero Boots.png

That’s a great price. The Tecovas equivalent is a cool $300 these days. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 7:09 PM, fattyflattie said:

Twisted X makes a good work boot, I’ve heard.  I’ve got a metric ton of wear out of a pair that get bad reviews, but have been great for me (Irish setters, ~4 years everyday wear). The soles are finally getting bald in some spots that could cause me issues if it contributed to an incident, so will probably replace soon.  They were comfortable af from day 1, have been near everyday wear for last 4 years from job site to field to everyday wear.   Based on the reviews I didn’t expect them to last half as long, but steel isn’t even showing. Just a couple of bald spots. 

Well, lost a chunk of the heel climbing in and out of a zoom boom today.  Think I’ll keep them around a bit for an extra pair but going to get me a new set this weekend I guess. Just after bragging on them…

Still comfortable af but it’s time. 

On 2/18/2024 at 8:52 AM, deadshank said:

IMG_9799.jpeg

I had a pair last year and was disappointed at how long they lasted. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I had a pair last year and was disappointed at how long they lasted. 

Who knows?  I’ve had at least 6 pair and put all through the wringer.  They've held up OK.  Some better than others.  It’s the comfort side of the ledger that gains my interest.  

• Hook 'Em 1