2018 Texas Rangers thread

BigDHornfan

1 hour ago, TheFlagship said:

Made it interesting at least. Beltre K was a killer, hate to say it but he’s really showed his age lately, .254/.301/.360 the last 30 days. This could sadly be the final month of his HOF career

One of the commentators said something like that. We'll see how the rest of the season goes.

Banny should have put in Gallo on that last at bat. Go for the magic, dammit.

I'm thinking this is thread (and Rangers' season) appropriate.

A coworker of mine (no pics) went to the rain delayed game on 8/18 against LAAA with her husband. They got 2 Mazara bobbleheads, and she knows I am a Rangers fan so she left one for me on my desk the following Monday. 

I put it in a desk drawer and forgot about it until today. Brought it home to take it to the cave, and this is what I got. 

I'm assuming it was a broken bat homerun to the upper deck in right. 

20180828_223434.jpg

20180828_223500.jpg

Edited by SurlyBDR
Why the fuck is Imgbb turning images sideways? Even if you edit them 90° to the right before uploading it posts the same way

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

So are we really going to look to move Mazara this offseason? I don't know if I agree with that. Even for pitching. 

I think it's a turrble idea. He's the kind of hitter they have needed forever. And his defense has improved.

19 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

So are we really going to look to move Mazara this offseason? I don't know if I agree with that. Even for pitching. 

Man I hope not.  If he can keep hitting the ball in the air he's a difference maker.  

Hold on to all the young bats and tell Banny to figure it out. 

On 9/4/2018 at 11:43 AM, Dr Fear said:

In other news, it is looking like the Rangers need a new Triple-A affiliate for next year.

https://www.mystatesman.com/sports/baseball/express-focus-shifts-upcoming-rangers-astros-decision/jiSVx7LUfTTeUcXS9ylIRI/

It seems pretty obvious to me that the Astros can have RR which leaves the Dodgers to have Fresno, freeing up OKC for the Rangers. But what do I know 

58 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

It seems pretty obvious to me that the Astros can have RR which leaves the Dodgers to have Fresno, freeing up OKC for the Rangers. But what do I know 

I saw Nashville being tossed around.  San Antonio is also a possibility, but their stadium sucks with no renovation in the pipeline.

On 9/4/2018 at 10:43 AM, Dr Fear said:

In other news, it is looking like the Rangers need a new Triple-A affiliate for next year.

https://www.mystatesman.com/sports/baseball/express-focus-shifts-upcoming-rangers-astros-decision/jiSVx7LUfTTeUcXS9ylIRI/

They don't even need another triple-A team. They already have one that plays in Arlington and are getting a new stadium.

• Like 1

Springs looked damn good yesterday. Gave up zero runs for 2 or 3 innings. Coming in in the third or fourth inning, Jurado was a 2-out/5-run abortion. The offense blew opportunities. Irked me when Odor tried to go from first to third on a single to left. Wasn't even close. That kind of undisciplined shit kills a potentially big inning.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

17 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

What's the free agent pitching market look like this winter?

The DFW media thinks Kershaw will give us a look, but I don’t buy it. Patrick Corbin has been unreal this year, but again don’t see it. Too many suitors. Hard pass on Dallas Keuchel who will be overpaid. Gio Gonzalez doesn’t really move the needle.

So hope you like the ghost of Matt Harvey!

Derek Holland actually had a good year and he will be a free agent. Probably more the kind of candidate the Rangers would welcome back.
Ain't no top end pitcher gonna want to come to Texas and be the only legit starter on the staff.
I would take him over Perez in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk