2018 Texas Rangers thread

BigDHornfan

This Oakland team is good. Two nights in a row now we should have won. This team can score runs. Mazara should be back any day.

Daniels gave us a mediocre as hell staff and bullpen this year. Our go-to middle inning guy throws 70mph pitches. The competition has Claudio figured out. Won't be seeing Bush, Barnette or Fister any time soon. We may see Rua on the mound again.

At least Gallo and Odor are coming around. Too soon to tell about Calhoun.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

1 hour ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Looks like Rollie Lacy is the main piece of the Hamels return. If we traded for nothing but pitching prospects, I’d be cool with that. 

Looks like they're loading up on any pitching they can. between the draft, trades and signings, they'll end up with 10-12 pitchers. If we get one good starter, a spot starter and a couple of decent relievers, I'll be pretty happy. Also, they can be used for trade fodder the next couple of years.

Eddie Butler also part of the return. He’s interesting at least - he was well thought of as a prospect in the Rockies system (1st round draft pick) but was terrible in Coors and hurt often (hasn’t thrown more than 79 innings in a season at the MLB level). He had a stellar 30 K/28 BB ratio with the Cubs last year, so not ideal.

Guessing we’ll give him a chance to start and see if he’s a late bloomer, but probably  a swingman/reliever.

Edited by TheFlagship

13 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

Ah there’s baseball aggy showing up right on time. Win a WS and still measure their dicks against us.

Dude you're a Rangers fan. You have never won a title. Calling a title-winning franchise "baseball aggy" is a bit rich.

EDIT: I thought this was the MLB thread - trolling in a team thread is pretty harsh, my bad.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Dude you're a Rangers fan. You have never won a title. Calling a title-winning franchise "baseball aggy" is a bit rich.

Aggy is not about wins or losses but about culture. And nobody embodies the aggy culture like Houston fans, which should be no surprise given the population of aggy living there.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

So you win a WS last year and you wear a shirt about the Rangers, who are a thousand games out of 1st, to your own ballpark? That's the definition of Aggy right there. Along the lines of the horns down sign.

My theory is that since Houston has so much (many?) aggy everywhere that their general sense of inferiority and aggyness has infected the whole city mindset through the newspaper and talk radio that they dominate

38 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

My theory is that since Houston has so much (many?) aggy everywhere that their general sense of inferiority and aggyness has infected the whole city mindset through the newspaper and talk radio that they dominate

The one and only time I went to a Texans game (in 2006), my buddy and I stopped at the concessions stand before heading to our seats after getting into the stadium, and there were not one but two guys in line in front of us wearing cowboy hats and aggy style denim overalls with shit written all over them (in maroon lettering), most of it stuff about the Cowboys.  My friend I went with is a big Texans fan and a UT grad, but that image is seared into my brain and will always define Texan fan for me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

The one and only time I went to a Texans game (in 2006), my buddy and I stopped at the concessions stand before heading to our seats after getting into the stadium, and there were not one but two guys in line in front of us wearing cowboy hats and aggy style denim overalls with shit written all over them (in maroon lettering), most of it stuff about the Cowboys.  My friend I went with is a big Texans fan and a UT grad, but that image is seared into my brain and will always define Texan fan for me. 

Yep.  Astros fan has carryover jealous hatred of the cowboys that manifests in everything.  

Phillies and Indians kicking the tires on Gallo, does JD ship him if there's a good enough offer on the table? 

Indians, Phillies Showing Interest In Joey Gallo

By Kyle Downing | July 28, 2018 at 9:16am CDT

Multiple teams have inquired about Rangers outfielder Joey Gallo, reports Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News, with the Indians and Phillies being among the “most aggressive” in doing so.

Edited by SurlyBDR