2018 Texas Rangers thread

BigDHornfan

Odor is an exciting player. I  like his grit when he's not being a total 'tard. He makes some great plays. He has lots of tools if he could only get out of his own way and use them properly. His ego and feeble brain work against him and I fear he will never be a consistent player. I'd probably be more inclined to take my chances on Profar and Kiner Falefa and whatever else is in the system behind them and hope for the best. We're probably stuck with him for a while, though. Maybe he'll surprise me.

Edited by DougO

57 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Would a Profar and Odor middle infield work? And trade Andrus to a contender.

Elvis could be great trade bait. On the other hand, this lineup is looking pretty good offense wise. We just need a top notch starter or two and a good middle inning reliever or two - or any combination thereof.

Odor has been battling the big contract curse and he's young - he got sidetracked . I'd like to think he made up his mind to play up to his abilities and that's what we're seeing. His kind of power is hard to come by. I say keep him around.

Don't know who hypnotized Odor and Gallo into avoiding the bad pitches, but it's paying off. This team is slapping the ball around and when you do that, good things happen. Just get us some pitching.

That said, I think we can survive wiithout Choo.

Apart from the beginning of last year, Kela was a good Ranger. Loved the fire he brought. But he’s not an elite reliever and Leclerc can replace him going forward. Hearn is a legit starting pitching prospect and God knows we need as many of those as possible. In a vacuum I like the trade.

Just heard Jared Sandler on 105.3.  He said that the Rangers view Taylor Hearn as a starter and could be up next season. He has been working on developing his 3rd pitch slider which is further along than some scouting reports suggest.  In the event that doesn't work out the he would be a high 90's lefty out of the bullpen.  He also said the PTBNL is not some random Single A guy but it is also not going to be one of their top prospects. Said it is going to be a guy we will be excited about.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

Like, as in a boob joke?

After he limerick, he kept going on it.  He said, “apparently the winds during the haboob knocked down some power lines.   Perhaps they needed a Haboob job”.   Then he and Matt Hicks were cracking up  and saying “What time is it at home again? 12:30?   Rangers After Hours is what we need.”   Nadel is hilarious

14 hours ago, Get ln My Van said:

I know he doesn’t help the club this season but I don’t like trading Kela. Dude has the potential to be a nasty closer for the foreseeable future.

Meh. Closers come and go with the wind. Remember when Eric Gagne was perceived as one of the greatest of all time? Closers remind me of kickers in football. When they fall off, they fall off hard. And they are not terribly hard to replace.

A closer on a last place quality team is a waste. Get what you can get and move on. This team is in the process of an overhaul to the entire pitching staff. And other positions. 

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

After he limerick, he kept going on it.  He said, “apparently the winds during the haboob knocked down some power lines.   Perhaps they needed a Haboob job”.   Then he and Matt Hicks were cracking up  and saying “What time is it at home again? 12:30?   Rangers After Hours is what we need.”   Nadel is hilarious

I think it is a wind/sand storm.  Like this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=haboob+lubbock&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS773US773&oq=haboob+lubbock&aqs=chrome..69i57.4439j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

51 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’ll be a little disappointed if beltre doesn’t play 2 more years looking for 500 hrs. 

The list of guys with 500 home runs and 5 gold gloves is very very small. 

I am a little disappointed he won't finish his career with a chance to win a ring.