The New Car Fanatic Thread

Assman

27 minutes ago, Assman said:

I put my name on the Carrera S allocation waiting list 2 months ago.  I was #22 at my local dealership.  As of today, I am number...22.  My SA said he expects several allocations to drop in Jan.  I wonder how long before the 992.2 hits the lots.

Yep. It’s a total fuck right now. I’m on the list for a GTS but realistically I won’t probably see it get built before the end of the .1 run. My SA showed me their build demand spreadsheet - the 992.2 GT3 and the 992.1 GT2RS (both cars that aren’t even announced) are 20+ people long all committed to 50k+ in ADM. It just pure stupidity but I don’t know when it’s gonna change

Anecdotally in this last round of allocations last week my dealer got 1 C2, 1 TTS, and some suv allocations. That’s it. This is the largest volume dealer in Colorado. They haven’t gotten an S allocation since like September 

Edited by 936horn

Yep. It’s a total fuck right now. I’m on the list for a GTS but realistically I won’t probably see it get built before the end of the .1 run. My SA showed me their build demand spreadsheet - the 992.2 GT3 and the 992.1 GT2RS (both cars that aren’t even announced) are 20+ people long all committed to 50k+ in ADM. It just pure stupidity but I don’t know when it’s gonna change
Anecdotally in this last round of allocations last week my dealer got 1 C2, 1 TTS, and some suv allocations. That’s it. This is the largest volume dealer in Colorado. They haven’t gotten an S allocation since like September 
I read on Rennlist that Porsche won't make many GTS' since at that price point the GT3 is only a bit more but more profitable for the company.

6 hours ago, Assman said:
6 hours ago, 936horn said:

I read on Rennlist that Porsche won't make many GTS' since at that price point the GT3 is only a bit more but more profitable for the company.

Yep. I’ve accepted that I’m not going to get one. At least not a .1

10 hours ago, 936horn said:

Yep. I’ve accepted that I’m not going to get one. At least not a .1

Just my opinion but probably the best thing to do is get a relationship with one salesperson (and the Sales manager or GM) at the dealership of your choosing. Buy a couple or a few cars from them. In one of those transactions, negotiate an allocation (and specify which round) at a certain ADM that you are comfortable with and get it in writing. Unfortunately, that seems to be the market we are in.  

1 hour ago, Atxracer said:

Just my opinion but probably the best thing to do is get a relationship with one salesperson (and the Sales manager or GM) at the dealership of your choosing. Buy a couple or a few cars from them. In one of those transactions, negotiate an allocation (and specify which round) at a certain ADM that you are comfortable with and get it in writing. Unfortunately, that seems to be the market we are in.  

Cars are not unlike watches in this regard.

4 hours ago, Atxracer said:

Totally agree, but then I start thinking, if I am going to light, say 25k on fire, for a GTS ADM why not just light 50k on fire and get the real deal GT3. It's a dangerous hole.

3 minutes ago, 936horn said:

Totally agree, but then I start thinking, if I am going to light, say 25k on fire, for a GTS ADM why not just light 50k on fire and get the real deal GT3. It's a dangerous hole.

My advice is stay away from yachts and airplanes.

30 minutes ago, 936horn said:

Very true.  If you can get a GT3 for 50k ADM, you should pull the trigger.  Those things are selling 100-150k above right now. Then to add to it, and you have probably done this, but by the time you option a GT3, there becomes a bigger delta between the 3 and S.    

On 12/29/2021 at 1:34 PM, G650 said:

takemymoney.jpg

Jesus this car is so sexy.

So I talked to my sales guy today about this car a bit. Apparently they have 5 deposits already which I am somewhat surprised about in the DC market. There's 350 or so worldwide reserved out of a probable production run of 500.

9 hours ago, Okie State said:

Sounds like there are 150 left.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9526c292ab6f3c98d9dc

1 hour ago, topochico said:

They have 6 deposits now right?

It was close, I just think the use for it is going to be too limited. I am not trying to take a trunk full of luggage, but I do want to be able to toss a duffel in and go on overnight trip with the wife. So I am leaning back towards a DBS for now then getting a mid engine Vanquish when they come out in a few years. The main hangup I have on the current DBS is the honeycomb grille. I asked if Aston Martin Works can make a vane grille for it, could make it the choice.

I honestly don't really like the supercar aesthetic, but of course Aston makes one that is unbelievably gorgeous. Both my sales guy and I both agree the Valkyrie is a way cool car, but the Valhalla is way better looking.

Gonna think about it over the holiday though so who knows.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
It's odd.  The car gets compared to the 3-series and C-class, but as far as "felt" interior room and exterior dimensions, it seems much more comparable to a 5-series or E-class. 
And yeah, the back seat in a CT4 is sufficiently useless, like many small sedans, that you might as well go for the coupe if they have one.

17 hours ago, General Specific said:

Picked up the CT4 at Christmas. Lots of smile per mile!

A -V or Blackwing?

I have a plain ol ATS 2.0T and it's a helluva lot of fun.  Fantastic chassis.  And the 2.0T is perfect for playing boy racer around town.  I looked hard at ATS-V, but for double the money, I just couldn't justify it. 

The CT4 and 5 were too new when I bought.  And, I have had a CT4 loaner sedan and have to crawl around the B-pillar to exit, probably true of the ATS sedan, but I have a coupe, so it's not a problem. 

Edited by TwiceHorn

A -V or Blackwing?
I have a plain ol ATS 2.0T and it's a helluva lot of fun.  Fantastic chassis.  And the 2.0T is perfect for playing boy racer around town.  I looked hard at ATS-V, but for double the money, I just couldn't justify it. 
The CT4 and 5 were too new when I bought.  And, I have had a CT4 loaner sedan and have to crawl around the B-pillar to exit, probably true of the ATS sedan, but I have a coupe, so it's not a problem. 

Blackwing
  • Hook 'Em 3

Pricing differences are all over the board on the CT5 Blackwing. I’ve seen them at dealerships as high as $155k and I looked at another that was actually discounted from sticker to $86k. I’ve talked to them on the $86k one a couple of times, I just can’t pull the trigger even though I should.