New season of BOSCH now streaming

Gil Bang

• 1 month later...
Anyone notice how similar Bosch is to the Elvis cole series?  Granted Elvis is a private investigator not a detective, but otherwise very similar. I enjoy both book series and the Bosch tv series. 

Never heard of that series but I will check it out. Thx.

• 5 months later...
Hope we get a Mickey Haller crossover in the future seasons. Wonder if they could get Matthew McConaughey to reprise his role. 

There were plans for sequels but the McConaughnessaince killed that I think.

I imagine it’d be tough to get Haller into the TV show because whatever studio made Lincoln Lawyer probably still has the rights to Haller, so they’d have to sign off.

12 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Announced today that season 5 filming is wrapping up, and Amazon has ordered season 6.

love the show.  I am now reading all the books.  I am on Trunk Music which is one of the books that has been made into the Amazon series.  Not sure ho wi missed these books all these years, but I am glad I found them.  

I've heard others say the same thing, and the same goes for Longmire.  I was a big fan of the books, and thought the show was terrific (although the casting and time periods were a bit weird).

Bosch has the same issue as Longmire...Harry's a bit too young to be a Vietnam vet, so now he's a Desert Storm vet.  Otherwise, the casting is really good, IMO, particularly Irv Irvin and Jerry Edgar.  Both actors fit the descriptions of the characters in the books. 

Edited by Gil Bang

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I like that he plays by is own rules and doesn't take crap from anyone. And while his methods may be unorthodox, he gets results god dammit. 

He's a police office who loves jazz, firchrissakes! Such eclectic music tastes for a police detective. Plus, he lives in that big house in the hills. What a guy. 

1 hour ago, Mez2 said:

i'm afraid to start watching this because i'm going to watch them all once i stream the first one. love, love, love this show and bosch fucking boss.

any other shows in this same vein, maybe under the radar-ish?

Line of Duty on Hulu is a fantastic British cop show. Great dialogue. Lots of interrogation scenes.

• Like 1

Finished it. Probably my favorite season yet. Although I think things got wrapped up a little too cleanly in the penultimate episode. Love Bosch going to the attorney that whipped his ass in season 2 or whatever. 

Maddie makes me uncomfortable. She's about 6 months younger than my daughter (no pics, fuck you) so I have a hard time with that. But that's a me problem. 

Rewatched Deadwood in anticipation of the movie coming out and Titus was great in that as well. 

On 4/24/2019 at 1:47 PM, pops said:

Finished it. Probably my favorite season yet. Although I think things got wrapped up a little too cleanly in the penultimate episode. Love Bosch going to the attorney that whipped his ass in season 2 or whatever. 

Maddie makes me uncomfortable. She's about 6 months younger than my daughter (no pics, fuck you) so I have a hard time with that. But that's a me problem. 

Rewatched Deadwood in anticipation of the movie coming out and Titus was great in that as well. 

they don't have the rights to the Mickie Haller character, so Honey is his lawyer going forward.