Help me out, why did Putin’s guy bomb Syria?

Shinesintx

17 minutes ago, Shinesintx said:

I’m willing to listen, so help me out. If Trump is Putin’s guy...and Russia wanted Trump over Hillary, why did Trump bomb Syria? I don’t understand.

Watch for the Kremlin response to this.  If tonight's bombing run amounted to making more potholes in vacant airbases, the response will be relatively neutral.  If the assessment shows actual strategic demolition of lots of expensive stuff, the response will be quite different.  Fake initiatives against Putin allies can help both Putin and, by extension, the allies.  Early reports are that more than potholes occurred.  Some reports are that a Hezbollah position was bombed.  Given the Putin/Iran alliance, this would not be something Putin would want Trump to condone for this attack.  Who knows is Trump can even talk about what Hezbollah is.

Putin wants to keep that stream of migrants going to destabilize the West. He can't do it alone, or it will look like genocide. Plus bombs are expensive.

He doesn't give a fuck about stability in the region or removing ISIS. He wants chaos, lots and lots of chaos. He knew exactly what would happen if he allowed Assad to gas 100 people. Thousands more will flee the country after this lastest strafing run, and they will continue to go to the EU and suck them dry of resources and cause more political strife through crime and possibly terrorism. Those things help the alt right in those countries, which are the parties being funded by the Russians.

19 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Putin wants to keep that stream of migrants going to destabilize the West. He can't do it alone, or it will look like genocide. Plus bombs are expensive.

He doesn't give a fuck about stability in the region or removing ISIS. He wants chaos, lots and lots of chaos. He knew exactly what would happen if he allowed Assad to gas 100 people. Thousands more will flee the country after this lastest strafing run, and they will continue to go to the EU and suck them dry of resources and cause more political strife through crime and possibly terrorism. Those things help the alt right in those countries, which are the parties being funded by the Russians.

Alright, that actually fascinates me a bit. I don’t necessarily believe it, but I see the plausibility in it. I don’t know what to believe these days. I do however, appreciate your reply.

Edited by Shinesintx

RussiaTimes emerging headlines

Warplanes & vessels of US Air Force, together with French and UK allies, 'launched a missile strike on civilian and military facilities' in Syria early Saturday morning, the ministry said in a statement

MORE: None of the cruise missiles launched by the US and its allies reached the Russian air defense zones that shield the facilities in the port city of Tartus and the Khemimim air base, it added

predictable info war 

Wonder what's inside those two Russian air defense zones.

"Endless war" - what an odd mission disconnect between what Trump purportedly wants, which RT is amplifying, and what Mattis and the Pentagon reported tonight.

Bolton has been on this job for a week, he can't even find the pen stuck in his mouth.

13 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

The Russia-Syria alliance predates the migrant crisis by decades. It's related to the fact that Syria buys a shitload of arms from Russia. 

14 hours ago, Shinesintx said:

I’m willing to listen, so help me out. If Trump is Putin’s guy...and Russia wanted Trump over Hillary, why did Trump bomb Syria? I don’t understand.

Breaking news:  Stormy Daniels killed in Syrian bombing attack.

• Fuck You 1

16 hours ago, Shinesintx said:

You're making the assumption that Hillary would've done less in Syria which I don't think is true given her hawkishness. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/24/magazine/how-hillary-clinton-became-a-hawk.html

That fundamental tension between Clinton and the president would continue to be a defining feature of her four-year tenure as secretary of state. In the administration’s first high-level meeting on Russia in February 2009, aides to Obama proposed that the United States make some symbolic concessions to Russia as a gesture of its good will in resetting the relationship. Clinton, the last to speak, brusquely rejected the idea, saying, “I’m not giving up anything for nothing.” Her hardheadedness made an impression on Robert Gates, the defense secretary and George W. Bush holdover who was wary of a changed Russia. He decided there and then that she was someone he could do business with.

Edited by deac_tracy