Kansas is Hopeless...

Jhawk

This is the dilemma.  We have 2 winable games on the schedule with ISU and KSU.  Not a chance we can fire him with 5 wins.  4 wins might be iffy.  Nicholls might be the game that cost him his job at the end of the day.  But, let's say he wins 5 games this year.  We have 25 graduating, multiple guys are shopping for their next school, and 1 guy coming in.  We might have 45 guys on scholly next year.  Which means another 0-2 win season and just pushing the rebuild back another year because Beaty's lazy ass is not going to recruit if he doesn't have a guaranteed job at the end of the year.

I think when it is all said and done, we fire him more because of recruiting than anything else.  God I hope he gets fired.  Based on the group I head (saveksfb.com) and their feelings, if Beaty lasts to the end of the season Jeff Long is going to come under fire.  If Beaty gets one more year then I would look at all out mutiny from the football fan base.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:24 AM, Jhawk said:

This is the dilemma.  We have 2 winable games on the schedule with ISU and KSU.  Not a chance we can fire him with 5 wins.  4 wins might be iffy.  Nicholls might be the game that cost him his job at the end of the day.  But, let's say he wins 5 games this year.  We have 25 graduating, multiple guys are shopping for their next school, and 1 guy coming in.  We might have 45 guys on scholly next year.  Which means another 0-2 win season and just pushing the rebuild back another year because Beaty's lazy ass is not going to recruit if he doesn't have a guaranteed job at the end of the year.

I think when it is all said and done, we fire him more because of recruiting than anything else.  God I hope he gets fired.  Based on the group I head (saveksfb.com) and their feelings, if Beaty lasts to the end of the season Jeff Long is going to come under fire.  If Beaty gets one more year then I would look at all out mutiny from the football fan base.

Iowa State is going to prison rape you. You have a better chance at beating Texas. 

On 10/29/2018 at 10:24 AM, Jhawk said:

If all of this is true I don't see how KU doesn't fire Beaty.  And that's with a win vs. us this weekend, which, I happen to agree is winnable for KU.  It just seems like short of a Bowl birth; KU recognizes that Beaty will just start the cycle over next year.  KU football will just be spinning their wheels.  He's had enough time at KU to get to a six win season.

43 minutes ago, SnowAggy said:

If all of this is true I don't see how KU doesn't fire Beaty.  And that's with a win vs. us this weekend, which, I happen to agree is winnable for KU.  It just seems like short of a Bowl birth; KU recognizes that Beaty will just start the cycle over next year.  KU football will just be spinning their wheels.  He's had enough time at KU to get to a six win season.

Here's the kicker... he's holding KU hostage.  He won't recruit because he doesn't know that he has a job.  If he somehow got 5 wins and retained his job this year he would be fucking himself for next year.  Then he wouldn't recruit next year because he wouldn't put the effort in if he thought he would be fired after a 2 win season. Which means we'd have 2 recruiting classes of 5-10 players and as many as 50 players leave the program over this year and the end of next year.  In 2020 we'd have like 30 kids on scholarship.

We need to lose this weekend so we can fire him.  The sooner the better is the truth.  Name Tony Hull the head coach and let him keep recruiting.  Tell the new staff Tony's job is safe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a news release that LSU and miles have agreed to a one time payout on the $6.5mm they owe him.  He's getting $1.5mm immediately.

The fucking smoke is insanely thick and I'm going to have to go 3 inches and a cloud of dust on my shank here at the office.

I'm not sold on miles as the x and o coach to turn their roster into a winning team, but I do think he carries enough weight to boost recruiting at least a bit which is a huge need for them.

While not to the same degree, this is a bit like aggy and Jimbo.  Haven't done anything in the field to get recruits excited to play for your school?  Hire someone who has and maybe they'll come play for him.

At best, he still has some good years in him and helps turn it around.  At worst, I think he'll leave the next guy with more talent than he inherited.  Feels like about as good a hire as ku could hope for at this point.