Kansas is Hopeless...

Jhawk

Do you think Kansas can't get better than what we are right now?  We're literally the worst team in all of D1 ball.  We technically aren't even hitting the attendance numbers to stay in D1 as mandated by the NCAA.  Les has already made us better just by selling tickets.  Further, we currently have the #22 ranked recruiting class for next year, which is literally higher than we've ever been ranked at any time since Rivals started tracking.  We are going to get better just by having roster management be better (remember we have like 50 guys on the roster now).

No one at KU is asking to go to the orange bowl again.  We're trying to get to a bowl game every few years.  Winning 4 games this year is about the highest I have heard from an expectation level.

I know the national media and the rest of the conference likes to kick KU football because it is down and because our basketball program is annoyingly good, but you seriously make yourself look like a complete moron when you say les fuckin miles isn't going to turn kansas around.  He literally already has compared to the direction that Gill, weis, and beaty had the program going.  In November of last year we had 1 recruit committed by the previous coach.  ONE.  14 months before the beginning of the 2020 season we now have 19 commits.  That is the very definition of turning it around.  Also, OSU was dogshit when Miles took over, winning 44 games in the previous 11 years under pat jones and bob simmons.  Less won 4, then 8, then 9, then 7 games while there.  I'd say he turned that program around and even Gundy has said that his success is largely due to the work Miles put in.

Are you suggesting that the highest the program can go is where Gill, Weis, Beaty took us?  Because that is demonstrability false given where Mangino took us AND none of those guys are sniffing head coaching jobs at a level higher than Liberty University.

You're an idiot.

Edited by Jhawk
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I know the national media and the rest of the conference likes to kick KU football because it is down and because our basketball program is annoyingly good, but you seriously make yourself look like a complete moron when you say les fuckin miles isn't going to turn kansas around. 

I think you're overrating how much the average Texas football fan thinks about basketball the second the clock stops on March Madness the NIT

19 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I think you're overrating how much the average Texas football fan thinks about basketball the second the clock stops on March Madness the NIT

Haha. It isn't just texas fans.  The media has gone on a tirade against KU football because we have sucked for so long.  One writer even called for us to shut down the football program... oddly, that same writer is ALWAYS trashing KU basketball.  Weird coincidence.

Bottom line, anyone who doesn't think KU can get better under Les Miles is an idiot.  We could trot out one of mangino's shit towels and we would get better than we are today.  Keep in mind, the only reason Beaty had 6 wins is because he got 3 of them in one season.  He is statistically the worst coach in the history off college football with 3 or more years at head coach.  That's hard to fucking be in 120 years and thousands of coaches of history.  We can't get worse and the talent we have is already better than what we had.

Edited by Jhawk
  • Haha 1

On 6/24/2019 at 6:01 PM, A’Dam Psycho said:

I don’t think theres anything funnier than people that think Les fuckin Miles is gonna turn Kansas around. Okie St literally got better and damn near made a National Championship game the moment he left. 

So basically you're saying that Les shot down that plane is basically what you're saying.

19 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Do you think Kansas can't get better than what we are right now?  We're literally the worst team in all of D1 ball.  We technically aren't even hitting the attendance numbers to stay in D1 as mandated by the NCAA.  Les has already made us better just by selling tickets.  Further, we currently have the #22 ranked recruiting class for next year, which is literally higher than we've ever been ranked at any time since Rivals started tracking.  We are going to get better just by having roster management be better (remember we have like 50 guys on the roster now).

No one at KU is asking to go to the orange bowl again.  We're trying to get to a bowl game every few years.  Winning 4 games this year is about the highest I have heard from an expectation level.

I know the national media and the rest of the conference likes to kick KU football because it is down and because our basketball program is annoyingly good, but you seriously make yourself look like a complete moron when you say les fuckin miles isn't going to turn kansas around.  He literally already has compared to the direction that Gill, weis, and beaty had the program going.  In November of last year we had 1 recruit committed by the previous coach.  ONE.  14 months before the beginning of the 2020 season we now have 19 commits.  That is the very definition of turning it around.  Also, OSU was dogshit when Miles took over, winning 44 games in the previous 11 years under pat jones and bob simmons.  Less won 4, then 8, then 9, then 7 games while there.  I'd say he turned that program around and even Gundy has said that his success is largely due to the work Miles put in.

Are you suggesting that the highest the program can go is where Gill, Weis, Beaty took us?  Because that is demonstrability false given where Mangino took us AND none of those guys are sniffing head coaching jobs at a level higher than Liberty University.

You're an idiot.

Les will be the exact same as Beaty in terms of coaching tbh. He’s not a good coach bro. He’s a solid CEO that will say weird shit and make people laugh then turn around and win 3-4 games. I personally wouldn’t be too keen on making Bowl games tbh

19 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Haha. It isn't just texas fans.  The media has gone on a tirade against KU football because we have sucked for so long.  One writer even called for us to shut down the football program... oddly, that same writer is ALWAYS trashing KU basketball.  Weird coincidence.

Cunt Bowels is your writer/

3 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Les will be the exact same as Beaty in terms of coaching tbh. He’s not a good coach bro. He’s a solid CEO that will say weird shit and make people laugh then turn around and win 3-4 games. I personally wouldn’t be too keen on making Bowl games tbh

Jhawk is going to be very mad at your first sentence and for good reason. You've haven't been paying attention to how bad Beaty is, he was clearly in over his head and clueless. I'm not saying Les is Lombardi, but his job is to gradually improve the program so the job isn't so toxic for his successor. 

Edited by qwertyu1234

22 hours ago, Jhawk said:

I know the national media and the rest of the conference likes to kick KU football because it is down and because our basketball program is annoyingly good,

It's more embarrassing when Texas or OU lose to you in football than when you lose to them in shooty hoops. 

• 2 weeks later...

Getting the SEC treatment haha. The kid is too good not to get a second chance. He was going to end up at a bigger program if we didn’t reinstate him.  One game seems light to say the least though. 

My guess is that he violates his diversion agreement. Not a chance in hell you can survive college for 3 years while being monitored by the police. 

3 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

If you wanna compete, you gotta get some thugs

Well KU, Nebraska, and OU are certainly competing to see which running back room can be more of a threat to the women of the Great Plains.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well KU, Nebraska, and OU are certainly competing to see which running back room can be more of a threat to the women of the Great Plains.

In case KU folks wondering about blOU incident mentioned above....

Edited by LTtxfan

Edited by LTtxfan

On 7/15/2019 at 10:24 AM, LTtxfan said:

Les Miles is showing early Alzheimer's symptoms at B12 Media Days..... 

Kinda Sad... 😬  

B12 Media Day on Fox showed a small part of below video...

Edited by LTtxfan

• 2 weeks later...

Because Herman is butthurt. 

Truthfully, unless we perform this year there isn’t a chance we keep him. That being said, November last year we had 1 2019 recruit. We have 24 2020 recruits in early August. Our staff is putting in major work. 

10 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Because Herman is butthurt. 

Truthfully, unless we perform this year there isn’t a chance we keep him. That being said, November last year we had 1 2019 recruit. We have 24 2020 recruits in early August. Our staff is putting in major work. 

giphy.gif

His mom made it a condition he get an offer before he visited anywhere. UT and SC needed LBs so we extended an "offer". Then we stopped taking his calls when we saw him in person. Recruiting, man.

That said, he doesn't suck - he hits hard, he's just got no side-to-side agility.

Edited by texifornia

Meant to convey sarcasm about Herman wanting him. I’m sure everyone wanted him but maybe thinking he might be on the 2 deep in his junior year. Maybe he’s real in wanting to play real early but I would be surprised if he ends up signing with us.  Good pickup for us if we do get him. Cornerstone of the class for sure. 

Edited by Jhawk

• 3 weeks later...