Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

6 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

If you can’t see the double standard that is applied to whites versus blacks in this country with respect to criminal justice you cannot be helped until you finally wake up to that absolute fact. It’s ok I used to think like you do 

If you can’t see Rittenhouse isn’t responsible for whatever sense of societal guilt you want to appoint on him and everyone else, you should stop posting entirely until you do. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

So another conditional yes, sometimes it is legally justified to kill cops. 

Sure, why not. Qualified immunity isnt an impregnable protection. Im sure some have “rightfully” been killed. Whats your point?

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Sure, why not. Qualified immunity isnt an impregnable protection. Im sure some have “rightfully” been killed. Whats your point?

Floyd didn't have qualified immunity. And I said "legally justified", not "rightfully". I'm unaware of anyone who used lethal force to defend themselves against a police officer, weren't killed but apprehended, and then successfully argued in court they were justified in using lethal force to defend themselves. 

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

If you can’t see Rittenhouse isn’t responsible for whatever sense of societal guilt you want to appoint on him and everyone else, you should stop posting entirely until you do. 

Yep.  Kid was there helping others and putting out fires. He was attacked by three left wing domestic terrorists who attempted to kill him and responded accordingly. Simple as that.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

17 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

This is quite literally one of the dumbest things I’ve seen posted in some time. And the last 10 pages of this thread have been pretty fucking dumb, so congrats.  

I mean, you complained that poor kids get to go to school alongside your kids, so I don’t exactly care what you think is stupid. The history of America privileging white conservative violence is extensive. Try reading a book some day, you might learn something.

Edited by blacklab
off topic/personal attack
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Floyd didn't have qualified immunity. And I said "legally justified", not "rightfully". I'm unaware of anyone who used lethal force to defend themselves against a police officer, weren't killed but apprehended, and then successfully argued in court they were justified in using lethal force to defend themselves. 

His name is Andrew Coffee IV. The fact that you don't know about his case is another indictment against the clearly prejudicial national media that makes up the news, instead of reporting it.

An Indian River County man on trial in connection with a deadly 2017 SWAT raid in Gifford was found not guilty of five of the six charges Friday.

Andrew Coffee IV was charged with second-degree murder of his 21-year-old girlfriend and three counts of attempted murder of law enforcement after the raid led to an exchange of gunfire.

He was also acquitted of shooting or throwing a deadly missile.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-indian-river-county/andrew-coffee-iv-found-not-guilty-on-5-counts-in-indian-river-county-swat-raid

He was convicted of possession of a firearm by a felon, though. Which is being appealed.

On March 19, 2017, a Sheriff’s Office Special Weapons and Tactical team went to Coffee's home in the 4500 block of 35th Avenue with a search warrant. Several family members, along with Coffee's girlfriend, Alteria Woods, were inside the home.

Coffee IV told the court he was asleep at the time the SWAT team arrived. He woke up and thought he was being robbed. Coffee said he saw what appeared to be a rifle sticking through an open bedroom window pointed at him. That's when he fired a .45-caliber pistol out of the window, shooting two or three times.

The SWAT team returned fire, striking and killing Woods in the process.

https://news.yahoo.com/why-andrew-coffee-iv-still-165618593.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALB1BpUMLVWo-tB0rks6p41_p-2uIAFaLut1lXY299wWiw_yoc_lt8CqHPOMw-70uqEHW_5RlbWk4M3imw0w1MsyldDD1dn9DVaSbHu-eDZ4PrGe7WXdqIsUEpsKdIl5EjofzytDFajhpsHct5CaN-QnBGnu1rZxFDf9lRgASa0F

Breonna Taylor's boyfriend was still alive and kicking last I checked. Case didn't even make it to court. 

More stories like this are out there, they just don't fit the narrative.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

His name is Andrew Coffee IV. The fact that you don't know about his case is another indictment against the clearly prejudicial national media that makes up the news, instead of reporting it.

He was convicted of possession of a firearm by a felon, though. Which is being appealed.

Breonna Taylor's boyfriend was still alive and kicking last I checked. Case didn't even make it to court. 

They must be like Larry Elder in @wildcat09 eyes.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-08-20/recall-candidate-larry-elder-is-a-threat-to-black-californians

Column: Larry Elder is the Black face of white supremacy. You’ve been warned

8 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

And how often does a police present an inescapable lethal threat against an innocent party who has the inclination and capability to defend in force for such a case to have been brought to court?

You asked if hypothetically such a defense could be used. It could - I dont believe any person is free from error or should be free from prosecution.

22 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I mean, you complained that poor kids get to go to school alongside your kids, so I don’t exactly care what you think is stupid. The history of America privileging white conservative violence is extensive. Try reading a book some day, you might learn something.

These amateur WI prosecutors just didnt realize they could have charged Rittenhouse for 1 count of being white, on the grounds of— *checks note*— [i]the history of America privileging white conservative violence [/i]

If they browsed Surly for legal advice before trying the case they could have notched a conviction

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

These amateur WI prosecutors just didnt realize they could have charged Rittenhouse for 1 count of being white, on the grounds of— *checks note*— [i]the history of America privileging white conservative violence [/i]

If they browsed Surly for legal advice before trying the case they could have notched a conviction

I mean how they conducted themselves during the trial, they might as well have.

9 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Yup, didn't immediately recall that one but you're aware of it because it was covered in the media, in case where one person was killed by cops in her residence, that sparked massive protests. 

7 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Poor kids are just as smart as white kids!

Edited by blacklab
off topic
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

And how often does a police present an inescapable lethal threat against an innocent party who has the inclination and capability to defend in force for such a case to have been brought to court?

You asked if hypothetically such a defense could be used. It could - I dont believe any person is free from error or should be free from prosecution.

That's pretty close to the point. If an innocent until proven guilty person is subjected to the same level of threat from police officers that was enough to justify Rittenhouse's lethal actions in a court of law, it's unlikely to ever reach the court and likely described in the media as suicide by cop. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

That's pretty close to the point. If an innocent until proven guilty person is subjected to the same level of threat from police officers that was enough to justify Rittenhouse's lethal actions in a court of law, it's unlikely to ever reach the court and likely described in the media as suicide by cop. 

This has what to do with the price of sugar in Taipei?

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Weird statement as there are plenty of poor whites. But its you so par for the course.

Lmao...it is a VERY weird statement 

Just like Joe Biden calling Kyle Rittenhouse a white supremacist. Maybe he was confused and didn't mean what he said?

Edited by immortal13
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Gotcha. Sounded like the usual immortal drivel. Carry on.

No it actually doesn't. I'm not a racist and therefore I do not make racist posts. The race card has been played by several posters on this thread where it has zero relevance. Kyle Rittenhouse has not been proven to be a racist or white supremacist, despite Joe Biden calling him one 

Edited by immortal13

2 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

What's even more sad is the fact that some people can't accept the facts even after they have been proven in court. They just want to hang the kid because they think he's a conservative 

Yep.  And I don't want to hear anything about the evils of facebook memes and russian disiniformation when we have the MSM engaging in obvious falsehoods to push a narrative.

Democrats' minds have been completely and irrevocably broken.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

What's even more sad is the fact that some people can't accept the facts even after they have been proven in court. They just want to hang the kid because they think he's a conservative 

Some people cant Trust the Judiciary. Theyd rather do their own law research. 

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Their behavior isn’t accidental, it’s malicious. Evil 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 2

On 11/20/2021 at 11:09 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m considering messing with Texas this afternoon. 

If ever there was a fuck around and find out post, it's this one

Ask GG what happens when you go messing around where you don't belong. He also had a tear gas cannister on him. I wonder what his plans were with that...

Edited by immortal13
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I have no problem with the verdict, but I think a lot hinged on the gun charges being dismissed and Kyle’s statements about wanting to shoot rioters being ruled inadmissible.  These only happened relatively recently at this judges discretion.  So while I don’t think KR was guilty of murder, I also don’t think he was unreasonably charged.  Seems like the system worked like it should and was not influenced by all the speculative reporting beforehand.

Edit: system == judicial system in this case.  There’s plenty of shit broken right now.

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Almost as evil as spreading COVID and vaccine disinformation 

Stick to the topic, bitch. This ain't the covid thread

The is a thread about Kyle Rittenhouse, not Covid, not the Capitol riot or any other nonsense that certain posters keep trying to inject. If you think someone is spreading misinformation about the KR incident, please quote or post a link

Edited by immortal13
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I have no problem with the verdict, but I think a lot hinged on the gun charges being dismissed and Kyle’s statements about wanting to shoot rioters being ruled inadmissible.  These only happened relatively recently at this judges discretion.  So while I don’t think KR was guilty of murder, I also don’t think he was unreasonably charged.  Seems like the system worked like it should and was not influenced by all the speculative reporting beforehand.

Edit: system == judicial system in this case.  There’s plenty of shit broken right now.

Yea, I’m curious to hear a juror’s thoughts after learning about the wanting to shoot rioters video. I still am not lawyerly enough to understand why that wasn’t admissible, but I think that makes or breaks the case against KR. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, TXSG8R said:

Yea, I’m curious to hear a juror’s thoughts after learning about the wanting to shoot rioters video. I still am not lawyerly enough to understand why that wasn’t admissible, but I think that makes or breaks the case against KR. 

It doesn't help that he only shot people attacking him. He had all the chance in the world. He could have done it with a chest protector but gave it away. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

It doesn't help that he only shot people attacking him. He had all the chance in the world. He could have done it with a chest protector but gave it away. 

That shows he’s smart enough not to shoot people randomly and have an out like self defense. Like I said, I know what the jurors were given in the trial, and based on that the verdict is pretty straight forward.  But that video changes his intent for being there, and likely gives jurors an entirely different context for his actions. “Going to put out fires and give first aid” becomes “roaming around until someone finally gives him the excuse to fulfill his wishes.”