Marvel's WandaVision on Disney+

mdmost

I immediately thought the aerospace engineer was another nod towards FF and Reed Richards...

I’m still torn between the mind stone having lasting effects on Wandas mind and powers that she doesn’t fully control yet and this being Mephisto...

Mephisto would work even with it being the mind stone. We’ve seen that the mind stone was the most powerful of the stones, it was basically AI as well as powerful enough to give life.

I don’t know I always end up confusing myself after talking myself in circles

Half-baked theory that maybe someone else has had (and is a long shot) but this episode made me wonder: 

Spoiler

With the rumors that Chris Evans was going to return as Captain America that he subsequently shut down, is there any chance he’s actually going to cameo here as multiverse Johnny Storm? Would likely just be a one-off but that would certainly be a moment if they could pull it off in any kind of semi-clear way.

Edited by UncleSonny
  • Hook 'Em 2

Friend who is a big comic book collector has this theory
Spoiler

Monica's mind being blank or whatever to the x-ray, and her odd bloodwork means she's on the way to being Photon.

I completely forgot about her other superhero personas.

I was thinking it was setting up her Captain Marvel run for the sequel next year but it be more logical to have her as photon or spectrum

6 minutes ago, elfenix said:

This is how you do a show with a mysterious setup that answers questions while leaving audiences with more @jjabrams

“I know an aerospace engineer who’d be up for this challenge.”

Sounds like Reed Richards - she would know him as one of the astronauts or whatever from SWORD.

Or Rhodey, who we know is in The Falcon and The Snowman Winter Soldier.

This kind of stuff is awesome.

3 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

I completely forgot about her other superhero personas.

"What I need is a 10,000 pound fallout shelter comprised of lead for photons, cadmium for neutrons, tantalum for seismic blasts…on wheels”

And lest we forget, Fantastic Four got their powers from a lack of shielding, albeit in space, and it was cosmic radiation.

But wait, speaking of cosmic radiation, Dr. Darcy has already mentioned it's present in the barrier.  And Monica is so far the only person to go through the barrier twice (we don't know what happened to Mr. Beekeeper).

And the MCU has no problems with tweaking origin stories to fit contemporary times and/or what has already happened in the MCU.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, i think they learned their lesson about subversion of expectations. 

I don’t think Wanda is 100% in control, whether it is her subconscious or another person interfering. I also am suspicious Sword was doing something with Visions body they shouldn’t have been.  The mind stone was presented as a computer/AI of sorts in Ultron, is it possible the mindstone lives on in some way in Wanada (I’m thinking a copied file or program of sorts, and the reason for her power), and could the kids apparent agency and away?  Maybe they have/are version 2.0?

1 hour ago, Apep said:

I'm very pleased with Pietro's portrayal in the sitcom. He was dead-on with his portrayal of a 1980s, ethnic European brother.

6 minutes ago, dimyh said:

Balki?

Probably a mix of Balke and cousin Jessie (remember he was Greek)

• Hook 'Em 1

and yes, the sitcom opening painting/song was obviously the family ties model, and the house had a lot of growing pains/family ties/full house - although the living room was almost identical to king of queens (which came later, but was very old fashioned).

and they have used the common "town hall" central areas of the warner bros lot a ton so far, which has to be intentional.  it's built to look like an average tv town, and the angles are always amusing, streets that curve just out of sight (because there's nothing around the corner). 

picnic gazebo opening was either the middle of the backlot or built to look exactly like it.  close to where the opening of "friends" was and has often appeared in pretty much every show shot there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WBT said:

I'm supposed to be surprised that even Marvel realizes their version of Quicksilver was inferior?

34 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

didn't he enter and leave in the same shitty movie (ultron)?  i only saw it once.

Yep, he was doomed to only one movie because of the Fox/Disney/Marvel issue of sharing characters, so they were never going to make him some kind of spectacular character.

If they really wanted to fuck with people, bring in Chris Evans as Johnny Storm.

Just have him walk up/fly up, introduce him as Johnny Storm, and watch everybody's jaw hit the floor.

I'm assuming these were deliberate.  Looking through episode 4 - Wanda threw Monica through two walls, a fence, and the barrier, so technically 4 walls.  She broke the fourth wall.  

tenor.gif?itemid=7770998

Also, episode 5 - she turned everybody with a gun towards the director.  Magneto turned guns towards their owners in one of the X-Men movies.  That has to be a nod to those movies.

Spoiler

So I’m not sure that is multiverse Pietro anymore. He at least doesn’t seem to be X-men version of him. He has MCU’s memories. I hope it isn’t, but using that actor may just have been a nod toward the recasting that occasionally happens on sitcoms (and they said it point blank). 

• Hook 'Em 1

I like Pietro coming in and just shredding Wanda.

• Where were you hiding all those kids?
  • You've probably suppressed a lot of trauma.
  • Your dead husband can't die twice. (Technically, a third time?) 

The Malcolm in the Middle-esque opening and fourth wall breaking was great too. 

Can we get for the next decade parody:

Spoiler

Darcy as a broke sassy waitress working in a diner alongside Wanda? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

Hide contents

So I’m not sure that is multiverse Pietro anymore. He at least doesn’t seem to be X-men version of him. He has MCU’s memories. I hope it isn’t, but using that actor may just have been a nod toward the recasting that occasionally happens on sitcoms (and they said it point blank). 

Spoiler

I think it’s possible it’s X-Men. His memories weren’t quite jiving with her memories.   Sounds like she pulled him from another universe, and overlaid some of her memories onto him   

Also I think he is acting as her not-so-moral compass.   She needed somebody to reaffirm what she’s doing   

I don’t think it’s fully him from the X-Men, but her fuckery could open the door    

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Also

Hide contents

Think we get F4 AND i think we see Monica's transformation into Photon with whatever is happening to her on a cellular level and she's about to go to Round 3 with the Hex

Spoiler

Think Reed built her the vehicle.  Maybe Reed and three others accompany her into the Hex and they are transformed?  Darcy said there was cosmic radiation shit going on   Who said F4 had to be exposed in space?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 4:50 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Only halfway thru but wanted to say the opening scenes gave me growing pains and family ties, and the living room is set very similar to full house.

but thinking on it, it seems like almost every family comedy had a living room setup where the front door opened right to it, opposite was the door to the kitchen, and along the back were stairs going off stage opposite the front door. Cosby show, all in the family, the above mentioned three, 8 is enough, different strokes, family matters, gimme a break, one day at a time, who’s the boss, the Simpsons, apparently it’s a great or thoroughly ingrained setup starting around the 80s. 

The set was basically Family Ties but backwards.

5 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

Did Darcy get super power in any of the comic storylines?  Because she is about to get a dose too, along with a bunch of other soldiers (now mutants?..)

I think the issue was that Monica went in, and then came back out, going through the barrier twice.  So far the civilians inside have not done so, and it seems like the beekeeper guy was simply incorporated like everybody else.

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

Quicksilver has MCU memories, so how does he know Vision died?  This episode made me slightly suspicious of him. 

I'm still on the fence - I still think she pulled him from the X-Men universe, hence the appearance, but I think she overlaid some of her memories onto him, like she did with the others in town.  She wanted somebody to tell her what she was doing was good, he was telling her he was impressed, etc.

Feige has said they are working on integrating the X-Men into the MCU, and has announced Deadpool and F4 movies set in the MCU.  The next major phase of the MCU is focused on the Multiverse and Cosmic parts of the MCU.   I just don't see him bringing in X-Men Quicksilver from another universe and then saying "fooled ya!"

Spoiler

Some have speculated that Quicksilver is actually Mephisto in disguise.  This is a real possibility, but I do think Quicksilver being from the MCU is deliberate and tied to the X-Men.

I'm still insanely curious about Agnes.   I can't figure out her place.  She's clearly operating outside of the mind control at times, but the barrier and distance away from Wanda fucked with her - the farther away people were from Wanda and/or the closer to the barrier, the more lethargic/comatose they seemed.

So the theory that the commercials are nods to the Infinity Stones. Was that one the Soul Stone? Kid turns into a skeleton at the end. Red Skeleton was the keeper of the Soul Stone. Kid is all alone by himself for eternity. Red Skeleton was forced to stay on the Soul Stone planet by himself until someone came to try to claim the stone. 

Someone or something is giving her more power just like it gives her what she needs immediately.  

Edited by mdmost