Tragic story from New Boston , Tx

rpspeed

Sounds like a lifetime movie. Young woman befriends another young lady then eventually beats her and cuts her baby from the womb. Both Mom to be and infant die. Crazy thing is the accused had a hysterectomy and was still trying to fake a pregnancy to people she'd told she'd had a hysterectomy.

https://truecrimesociety.com/2020/10/09/reagan-hancock-22-has-died-after-her-friend-taylor-morton-cut-her-baby-from-her-womb/?fbclid=IwAR0FmxQdnztpw62ig0MMkyNL2f1IkTZvCjDTIG-5mR1lA5Hn8CXYdzHU_Ts

11 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

just sad. Part of me thinks the world has always been this evil and we just have more media now

that sounds like more like mental illness than evil.  I’d still fry the bitch, though.  never understood the argument that crazy people are exempt from the death penalty. 

8 minutes ago, futureman said:

that sounds like more like mental illness than evil.  I’d still fry the bitch, though.  never understood the argument that crazy people are exempt from the death penalty. 

Evil usually involves mental illness. But the boyfriend has an argument for pure evil if he's involved as the rumors say. 

I will never understand the psychology of that shit.  Don't really care.

Perp should be summarily executed at the cheapest possible expense to the taxpayer.   Bullet is fine by me.

3 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

just sad. Part of me thinks the world has always been this evil and we just have more media now

The other part thinks the world is getting worse and worse every month.

Suicides and depression have to be going up tp record levels 

Evil has always been here. 

4 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

It pretty much is.  I had an older great-aunt that used to read those true crime magazines, she had a collection of them.  When she passed away, I helped clean out her place, and took possession of a bunch of them, thinking I'd sell them on ebay (which I did).  Some of those went back to the 60s, and had plenty of batshit crazy stuff, only it wasn't as explicit as what you can read now, and the photos were pretty dry.  But it was very clear from the stories that it was some of the same stuff.

5 hours ago, rpspeed said:

Sounds like a lifetime movie. Young woman befriends another young lady then eventually beats her and cuts her baby from the womb. Both Mom to be and infant die. Crazy thing is the accused had a hysterectomy and was still trying to fake a pregnancy to people she'd told she'd had a hysterectomy.

https://truecrimesociety.com/2020/10/09/reagan-hancock-22-has-died-after-her-friend-taylor-morton-cut-her-baby-from-her-womb/?fbclid=IwAR0FmxQdnztpw62ig0MMkyNL2f1IkTZvCjDTIG-5mR1lA5Hn8CXYdzHU_Ts

Again?? Didn’t something similar happen earlier in the year where a friend killed the mom and stole the baby?

Had lots of family up there. Pretty much have all died or moved away.   [mention=1619]markstanco[/mention] area iirc.  Have to assume it’s a huge story there. 
Yep. A friend of mine was her (the deceased) uncle. Crazy ass shit. New Boston is about 6 exits down from me on I-30.

He was close to her and obviously devastated. I haven't contacted him on the details and obviously won't so he won't have to talk about it. Just a call/VM last Saturday to say I'm sorry.

Me neither.

This is an easy case of insanity to dodge riding the lightening though. Bowie County is really conservative, but I still don't see her getting the death penalty. Thats somebody who is clinically nuts.

Mentally ill people are not categorically exempt from the death penalty.  Mentally retarded mostly are.

In the punishment phase of a capital crime, factors of aggravation and mitigation are considered, and mental illness is likely, but not guaranteed, to avoid the death penalty.

• Like 2

Mentally ill people are not categorically exempt from the death penalty.  Mentally retarded mostly are.
In the punishment phase of a capital crime, factors of aggravation and mitigation are considered, and mental illness is likely, but not guaranteed, to avoid the death penalty.
That's great. Glad to hear this for my friend.

Just curious, in this case who thinks she deserves the death penalty?

Won't judge, just curious.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

TV has taught me that insanity is a defense if it prevents the defendant from knowing the difference between right and wrong. Doesn't faking a pregnancy as part of the planning to eventually murder the mother generally prevent a successful insanity defense in this kind of situation? The fake pregnancy clearly demonstrates, to me at least, that the defendant knew what they were doing was wrong and so they concocted a cover story. 

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

TV has taught me that insanity is a defense if it prevents the defendant from knowing the difference between right and wrong. Doesn't faking a pregnancy as part of the planning to eventually murder the mother generally prevent a successful insanity defense in this kind of situation? The fake pregnancy clearly demonstrates, to me at least, that the defendant knew what they were doing was wrong and so they concocted a cover story. 

That's a pretty accurate statement of the defense of insanity.  That results in a verdict of not guilty by reason of insanity.  Which is a result that could obtain in any crime, capital or otherwise, where the defense is asserted successfully.

The defense is rarely asserted successfully even to lesser crimes.

This is a slightly different context, the punishment phase (deciding death or life sentence) in a capital murder case, where the fact of mental illness may be sufficient for the sentencing jury not to impose the death penalty.  Some states even have statutes that prevent the imposition of the death penalty on mentally retarded and mentally ill.