The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I'm not sure that's what he did. He did not say the story was wrong.

Here is the Mueller teams statement:

"BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mueller’s office, said Friday."

I can see where there might be a little wiggle room there. He didn't say the story was untrue. He just said that his office did not leak the evidence that the Buzz Feed story uses to support their anonymous sources.

• Like 1

Just now, Crusher said:

"BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mueller’s office, said Friday."

I can see where there might be a little wiggle room there. He didn't say the story was untrue. He just said that his office did not leak the evidence that the Buzz Feed story uses to support their anonymous sources.

Something tells me Mueller and Geoffrey Berman (U.S. Attorney, SDNY) have had some tense conversations over the last 24 hours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crusher said:

“A little”???  It would be hard to draft a more narrow statement. 

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

“A little”???  It would be hard to draft a more narrow statement. 

II don't know. There's a new Sheriff in town with Barr and the word is out on what has been a previously suspect, now proven leaky, Justice Department.  Maybe some ass covering going on. Who knows if the Mueller team just threw Buzz Feed under the bus to cover their own butts before the new boss shows up.

All kinds of spin possible on what happened tonight.

29 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Context clues.  

Like the fact Individual 1 is already an unindicted co-conspirator in a scheme to defraud voters for the purpose of becoming the President of the United States.

Fake News!

In other words Bullshit..Setting up the field incase Mueller doesn't come back with the report you were hoping for.

Edited by Crusher

4 minutes ago, Crusher said:

In other words Bullshit..Setting up the field incase Mueller doesn't come back with the report you were hoping for.

I don’t care what the Mueller report says, to be honest.   I’m more interested in Mueller’s subsequent testimony before Congress. 

I already have a pretty good idea of what happened but what I know means next to nothing.

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:
7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don’t care what the Mueller report says, to be honest.   I’m more interested in Mueller’s subsequent testimony before Congress. 

I already have a pretty good idea of what happened but what I know means next to nothing.

Have to call bullshit (again) on the bolded part of your statement above,.So if Mueller says Trump is the Manchurian Candidate you wouldn't care? That is what you have spewing all over the Politics board for two years. Really?

Are you saying you won't believe the efficacy of the Mueller report when it comes down?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Have to call bullshit (again) on the bolded part of your statement above,.So if Mueller says Trump is the Manchurian Candidate you wouldn't care? That is what you have spewing all over the Politics board for two years. Really?

Are you saying you won't believe the efficacy of the Mueller report when it comes down?

I want to hear from Mueller directly.  

I’m not even expecting a report because I think it will be suppressed and/or redacted beyond comprehension.

The Russia side of the investigation is the part that intrigues me the most.  Their hacking, targeting, and coordination. But I don’t know how much of that we will see.

The Trump side of the investigation is pretty clear cut, he’s an unregistered agent and he obstructed justice.  I don’t need to be told that in a report.  

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I want to hear from Mueller directly.  

I’m not even expecting a report because I think it will be suppressed and/or redacted beyond comprehension.

The Russia side of the investigation is the part that intrigues me the most.  Their hacking, targeting, and coordination. But I don’t know how much of that we will see.

The Trump side of the investigation is pretty clear cut, he’s an unregistered agent and he obstructed justice.  I don’t need to be told that in a report.  

So , basically you just believe Trump is a crook and nothing that happens from this colossal waste of tax payer money will result in anything that could actually make a difference to the poor bastards that are actually taking a shit on the sidewalks in San Francisco?

Edited by Crusher
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, Crusher said:

So , basically you just believe Trump is a crook and nothing that happens from this colossal waste of tax payer money will result in anything that could actually make a difference to the poor bastards that are actually taking a shit on the sidewalks in San Francisco?

Define "colossal waste of tax payer money".  I'm thinking WALL, but I'm sure you're thinking of the repeated trips to Trump Properties prior to the government shutdown.  Right?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Crusher said:

The Mueller investigation has made money you worthless troll.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

Define "colossal waste of tax payer money".  I'm thinking WALL, but I'm sure you're thinking of the repeated trips to Trump Properties prior to the government shutdown.  Right?

So far the Mueller investigation has turned a profit.  Literally.  They've identified more Manafort assets than they've spent acquiring them.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So far the Mueller investigation has turned a profit.  Literally.  They've identified more Manafort assets than they've spent acquiring them.

That's interesting. I haven't heard that. Where would I find that? Actual seized assets?

• Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Check your meter brother.

Or maybe I need to check my meter.  Or Pinot intake.  Or something.

2 hours ago, Crusher said:

I see you used quotes around good. So it may not be your personal feelings. But I have to ask , do you really think it is good thing that people believe that our sitting President is a felon?

I don't think people understand what kind of damage is being done to our country everyday this investigation continues. For fuck sake man...shit or get off the pot. This is not good for the health of our country.

If we really have a Russian spy as our President I would think that the evidence would be put out as soon as it had been verified to stop him from doing more damage. Does anyone really think Mueller would slow play that hand in order to build a bigger pot when the report comes actually comes out?

I feel for Mueller. He is hated by the right now and if his report doesn't bring the results that the left is gleefully hoping for he will be about as popular as Judas at the Christ family reunion.

Mueller to his credit, stepped in and stopped this all this speculation about a crime committed by the sitting President. These kind of accusations laid on top of the current volatile resistance environment could actually lead to people getting hurt. We got another caravan heading north. The upcoming women's march on DC could be a disaster.

It isn't as simple as you think. Mueller needs to build a case that makes the conservative public think Trump has to go otherwise Mitch McConnell is never going to allow an impeachment vote onto the floor of the Senate. 

I think people need to consider this bombshell along with the New York Times “I am part of the resistance” op-ed bombshell.

In both cases, the primary benefactor of these “bombshells” has been Trump.  First as a victim of the deep state and second as the victim of fake news.  Could the media’s zeal for the bombshell be being used to manipulate them?  Could Mueller’s refute be a quick response to distance themselves from an intentionally incorrect statement of facts lest the case against Trump be undermined when facts are presented?

If Mueller can’t 100% prove the buzzfeed story to be true and does not set the record straight now, he has to show Republicans that his investigation was not part of some effort to mortally damage the President when the evidence is presented and it is less of a bombshell than the Buzzfeed narrative.  Staying mum would be opening the door for a stronger attack on his impartiality.

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

It isn't as simple as you think. Mueller needs to build a case that makes the conservative public think Trump has to go otherwise Mitch McConnell is never going to allow an impeachment vote onto the floor of the Senate. 

I may need a refresher on my government classes from many years ago, but if the house impeaches there has to be a trial in the senate, is that not correct?

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

From WaPo, highlighting the 5 most valuable assets Manafort agreed to turn over to the government in his plea deal:

4GARRM3YUVDPRN6VTKRCYFRODU.jpg

OK , that's what they got from Manafort. Impressive number. 22.2 Miliion. 

So far the Mueller investigation = 25 million. 

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/dec/14/how-much-mueller-investigation-costing-updated/

Looks we are in a hole so far.

• Fuck You 7

Just now, Crusher said:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/dec/14/how-much-mueller-investigation-costing-updated/

That's the top 5 you toad.  The total is estimated over $40M including cash.

Just fucking stop.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I may need a refresher on my government classes from many years ago, but if the house impeaches there has to be a trial in the senate, is that not correct?

My understanding is that there will basically be a trial with the house acting as the prosecution and Trump mounting a defense. The senate acts as a jury and ultimately decides Trump’s fate.  Someone correct me if I am wrong on any of that.  I am unsure of is how much of the trial and presented evidence will be open for public consumption.

Edit: if the proceedings are mostly open, it may be risky for the senate to be overtly political.  Not saying they won’t be, just that if they come off like boxing judges for a rigged fight, they could face some election backlash.

Edited by Goredho

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

My understanding is that there will basically be a trial with the house acting as the prosecution and Trump mounting a defense. The senate acts as a jury and ultimately decides Trump’s fate.  Someone correct me if I am wrong on any of that.  I am unsure of is how much of the trial and presented evidence will be open for public consumption.

Can Turtle prevent a vote?

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

This is pretty much correct. House members play the role of prosecution and defense attorneys 

The whole trial would be public.  

8 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

No, they do not have to have a trial. They have the sole power to hold a trial, but it is not a duty, hence it is not mandatory.

11 minutes ago, Crusher said:

You're legitimately arguing about $2.8 million as a "taxpayer waste"?  When our government is shut down over a $5.7 billion fucking bouncy castle?

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yep.

Which would likely backfire politically 

No it won't. They have a gomer wall to protect Trump in the Senate. Half the states barely have any people.  And rural rubes love NY conmen.  On top of that, Missouri is 25th in education. There are 3rd world countries that are better places to be than Missouri, and yet 25 states are dumber than Missouri.  All those states get 2 senators. 

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

No it won't. They have a gomer wall to protect Trump in the Senate. Half the states barely have any people.  And rural rubes love NY conmen.  On top of that, Missouri is 25th in education. There are 3rd world countries that are better places to be than Missouri, and yet 25 states are dumber than Missouri.  All those states get 2 senators. 

Scammere  bberreggerv  Bedadddery wassmeri….Missouri!!!   

You are awesome!!

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

You will find it on the internet.

Next question?

That says more about Manafort’s guilt to me than any evidence (not that there is a lack of evidence).  Who the fuck voluntarily gives up $40M, when it’s the bulk of their net worth, if they think they did nothing wrong?

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

McConnell will pull another Garland and say something like, “We won’t be having a trial, this process has become too partisan and we’re too close to an election.  We should let the voters decide.”

Im actually fine with having it all play out in 2021 in the NY state court system.  I think the federal system is permanently fucked and that "states rights" have won so long as the Senate allows rural states to have disproportionate power. But that will be okay as long as the rural states stay "states rights."  We will see what happens as blue states are now beginning to legalize pot, ramp up anti-discrimination laws, and shore up deficiencies in Obamacare. Eventually, you'd think West Virginia and Mississippi would actually want to gain something from wealthier states.  They are burning the fuck out of that bridge with Trump though. 

I actually don't really care that much about the Russia collusion. In the end, Russia simply offered a better bot system for social networking than US marketing companies were able to provide. I suppose its a black mark on our history, but Trump's real issues weren't unknown and are a bigger black mark. His real crimes were worse, began long before he ran for office, and need to be exposed to the light of day. Cohen was a mob lawyer for an incredibly dirty family run company. The Trump family companies need to be dismantled completely, and the rest of the dirty Manhattan real estate families need to go down with them. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

I think we need to prevent a 2016 from happening again.  We need to expose Russia a whole lot more than Trump.  

We need to let our educators know.

We need to inoculate the upcoming generations from the bullshit of bad actors, not just Russia.  

Focus on values, media literacy, and critical thinking.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I think we need to prevent a 2016 from happening again.  We need to expose Russia a whole lot more than Trump.  

We need to let our educators know.

We need to inoculate the upcoming generations from the bullshit of bad actors, not just Russia.  

Focus on values, media literacy, and critical thinking.  

My boss is a former Soviet Russian. Born in Slovakia, raised in and educated in Moscow. Should I be aware? Alarmed? Apparently I might be a traitor. Any contact with any Russian could be construed as treason!!