The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

12 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

He's been so allergic to the truth (and such a criminal) that he couldn't even tell the truth in written answers to written questions.  Much less survive actual questioning from investigators.  The clown car presidency gets more and more shit smeared all over it every day.

Dotard can't spell border, so his lawyers answered the questions.  He'll claim they committed perjury. 

9 minutes ago, Skinny Tie said:

After Trump and Pence are knocked out, Pelosi needs to start a shame campaign for Gorsuch and Kavanaugh to resign.

There will be an effort to erase anything and everything Trump ever did, while making him wear a scarlet letter to remind everyone who not to become. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skinny Tie said:

After Trump and Pence are knocked out, Pelosi needs to start a shame campaign for Gorsuch and Kavanaugh to resign.

2 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

There will be an effort to erase anything and everything Trump ever did, while making him wear a scarlet letter to remind everyone who not to become. 

If it is the current obstruction that is the basis of the impeachment, there won't be a clear enough tie between the impeachable act and the Trump win.  Since it was the Trump win that got that SCOTUS nominees -- Gorsuch in particular -- I think that would be a tough case to make, even if it wasn't so politically untasteful, which it is.

21 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Dotard can't spell border, so his lawyers answered the questions.  He'll claim they committed perjury. 

Not going to work. Clients have to verify that they have read and agree with responses drafted by their attorneys. He's on the hook for whatever is in those responses. 

Edited by Seasick Sailor
  • Like 1

"Ivanka Trump has denied playing a significant role in negotiations of a possible Trump Tower in Moscow in response to a BuzzFeed report about her father allegedly directing attorney Michael Cohen to commit perjury. 

The president’s daughter and senior adviser issued a statement through a spokesperson denying the website’s reporting about her involvement in the project, which Cohen has said remained under negotiation for much longer than he had told Congress. 

“Ms. Trump did not know about this proposal until after a non-binding letter of intent had been signed, never talked to anyone outside the organization about the proposal, never visited the projected project site and was only minimally involved,” the spokesperson said in a statement. 

The website reported that Cohen told special counsel Robert Mueller that he provided details about the Moscow project to the president and his eldest two children, Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr." 

Ivanka Trump issues carefully worded denial

Spoiler

DA1MaIdXYAACvbj.jpg

42 minutes ago, housious said:

So today's the big day?

If Buzzfeed can be considered true....... No denial by Trump is looking bad now and there is ancillary evidence the story is true, but I would really prefer to see a legit news source confirm validity of story. 

1 minute ago, deech said:

If Buzzfeed can be considered true....... No denial by Trump is looking bad now and there is ancillary evidence the story is true, but I would really prefer to see a legit news source confirm validity of story. 

Umm welcome to 2019. Buzzfeed is very legit now despite their history and overall look. The reporters claim to have personally reviewed the substantiating documents. This is the real deal. 

4 minutes ago, deech said:

To be fair, the staff of Buzzfeed News was a finalist for a 2018 Pulitzer in international reporting: https://www.pulitzer.org/finalists/staff-buzzfeed-news

Edited by Seasick Sailor

12 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

"Ivanka Trump has denied playing a significant role in negotiations of a possible Trump Tower in Moscow in response to a BuzzFeed report about her father allegedly directing attorney Michael Cohen to commit perjury. 

The president’s daughter and senior adviser issued a statement through a spokesperson denying the website’s reporting about her involvement in the project, which Cohen has said remained under negotiation for much longer than he had told Congress. 

“Ms. Trump did not know about this proposal until after a non-binding letter of intent had been signed, never talked to anyone outside the organization about the proposal, never visited the projected project site and was only minimally involved,” the spokesperson said in a statement. 

The website reported that Cohen told special counsel Robert Mueller that he provided details about the Moscow project to the president and his eldest two children, Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr." 

Ivanka Trump issues carefully worded denial

Hide contents

DA1MaIdXYAACvbj.jpg

LOL that's not a denial.

2 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Next week it will be that Trump recommended that he do it, and didn't instruct him. 

I picture this morphing into "the President may have made an off hand comment that Cohen took to mean he should lie, but the President certainly did not mean that and had no criminal intent". 

I think this is an important point:

If Trump said something like "look, Mike, this Trump Tower Moscow thing could be a big problem for me, but I know you'll do the right thing" that may not be enough to prove suborning perjury charge. It sounds like there are documents that go further than that, but the exact language will be very important. 

Beautiful Swan, I have to admit that back in the day, if a soothsayer foretold that I’d fall for the consummate G-man, I would have poured bong water on their head and vomited on their loafers. Those were different times and, admittedly, I was a fool. In this moment of rampant debauchery and freeloading, your patrician uprightness, by contrast, seems almost radical. I find myself increasingly enchanted by your slightly bulbous nose, your caterpillar eyebrows, your perfectly parted silver hair—underscoring my long-held belief that real men don’t use Just for Men—and, most of all, your pronounced jawline. When I read that former attorney general John Ashcroft used to call you “Square-Jaw McGraw”, I thought: yes, that’s my Swan.

A Love Letter To Robert Mueller
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2019/01/how-mueller-won-the-hearts-of-america

45 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Umm welcome to 2019. Buzzfeed is very legit now despite their history and overall look. The reporters claim to have personally reviewed the substantiating documents. This is the real deal. 

My wife asked, ‘How is Buzzfeed breaking this?’  

My answer was- Millinnial leaker. 

2 minutes ago, retread said:

Do we know what power the House has to see the full Mueller report? I don't recall seeing that addressed. Could Barr 'lock them out' of some of the findings? Can the House have Mueller testify and reveal everything in that way?

(CNN)The House Judiciary Committee chairman said Wednesday that his panel would subpoena special counsel Robert Mueller's final report if William Barr, President Donald Trump's nominee for attorney general, does not release it to the public.

"If necessary, our committee will subpoena the report. If necessary, we'll get Mueller to testify," Rep. Jerry Nadler, a New York Democrat, told CNN's Anderson Cooper on "Anderson Cooper 360." "The American people need the information here."

I don't think Nadler is flying blind here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Are we sure that Buzzfeed isn't just junk listicle poptrash and that it really has transformed into real journalism (a la TMZ as they seem to break factual, real stories)? I'm not saying they aren't but I hadn't been made aware that they have made the transformation.

But seriously, how hard is it to do a little research, Cookie? Shouldn't you self investigate to cure any doubts?

8 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Still though.  The news part should rebrand.  Woodward and bernstein could go work for Ohio’s Finest Dildos Inc, I’d still do a double take every time I see a story from Ohio’s Finest Dildos News.   

That's why I don't let my subscription lapse.  Well, and the Sunday coupon inserts.  Lotta good deals on...things...in there.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Are we sure that Buzzfeed isn't just junk listicle poptrash and that it really has transformed into real journalism (a la TMZ as they seem to break factual, real stories)? I'm not saying they aren't but I hadn't been made aware that they have made the transformation.

Their journalist on the latest news was a Pulitzer finalist. But troll on I guess 

8 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Is ignorance a choice? Isn't the definition of ignorance a sort of earnest unknowing. if you could choose to be ignorant, then that means you aren't ignorant by definition. You are aware but trying to be knowingly ignorant or something. 

At any rate, in this case I was truly ignorant that Buzz Feed News was different than the listicle Buzz Feed. I haven't been on Facebook in over 5 years and I don't do twitter or instagram so I'm not very aware of social media-esque things post 2014.

Well now you know. Buzz Feed the entertainment entity its till very much all about bs lists and other youth oriented fluff. But they poached a bunch of top talent from established news sources when creating Buzz Feed News. 

Edited by YChang

Just now, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Is ignorance a choice? Isn't the definition of ignorance a sort of earnest unknowing. if you could choose to be ignorant, then that means you aren't ignorant by definition. You are aware but trying to be knowingly ignorant or something. 

At any rate, in this case I was truly ignorant that Buzz Feed News was different than the listicle Buzz Feed. I haven't been on Facebook in over 5 years and I don't do twitter or instagram so I'm not very aware of social media-esque things post 2014.

Anthony Cormier is probably the most notable journalist related to the whole Trump/Russia story.