The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That's the crazy thing to me about people like Slorch.  The evidence IS everywhere.  Even if you don't do your homework, all of the reliable news sources (no, not CNN you tards) have shown this.  Anyone with two functioning brain cells can connect the dots, but these people just bury their heads in the sand, or worse, crow about fake news and refuse to believe their lying eyes.  What a world.

Then act upon it or STFU.

If the substance is there, then go.

Sick of the droning on with no charges.  i don't particularly like Trump, but that doesn't excuse this ongoing,  perpetual witchhunt with no substance.

If the evidence is there, then fucking act upon it.

Edited by slorch

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That's the crazy thing to me about people like Slorch.  The evidence IS everywhere.  Even if you don't do your homework, all of the reliable news sources (no, not CNN you tards) have shown this.  Anyone with two functioning brain cells can connect the dots, but these people just bury their heads in the sand, or worse, crow about fake news and refuse to believe their lying eyes.  What a world.

It's like I said earlier in this thread or the Trump thread.  Anyone who still supports Trump is either an idiot, a coward, a racists, or all three.  Slorch is all three.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Sick of the droning on with no charges.  i don't particularly like Trump, but that doesn't excuse this ongoing,  perpetual witchhunt with no substance.

I'm sorry, is it your impression that we are members of Congress?

“Those were the principles under which we operated. And from them, we concluded that we would not reach a determination one way or the other about whether the president committed a crime. That is the office's final position and we will not comment on any other conclusions or hypotheticals about the president.”

“And as set forth in the report, after that investigation, if we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”

Forgive my ignorance on this (and forgive me if you guys have covered this in the thread), but what am I missing here?  How can both of these be true?

Seems like in the first he’s saying he decided he wouldn’t make a determination “one way or the other”, but in the second he’s saying that he would have made and publicized a certain determination if the facts had led him to it.

(Transcript)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Sick of the droning on with no charges.

Hey, I'm down.  Let me just call my congress person...oh wait, they are all Rs who refuse to act.  Welp, guess I'll just have to let it play out as the world burns.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm sorry, is it your impression that we are members of Congress?

Fair enough.  i didn't mean the Surly collective.

The folks conducting the alleged investigation have what after 2+ years?

Get on with it, is all I'm saying.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

Oh ok I guess we should all do something cuz we have to power huh? Fucking dunce.

You keep saying no substance. Why are you lying?

The President can’t be charged with a crime.

Even a basic understanding of anything going on with the investigation would help you not post such wildly uninformed, or intellectually dishonest, bullshit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Many people didn’t need Mueller to them Trump obstructed justice.  The moment he fired Comey was elected it was obvious what he was doing.  Mueller just verified what everyone witnessed with their own eyes and ears for two years. 

FIFY.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Oh ok I guess we should all do something cuz we have to power huh? Fucking dunce.

You keep saying no substance. Why are you lying?

Even a basic understanding of anything going on with the investigation would help you not post such wildly uninformed, or intellectually dishonest, bullshit.

LOLz.

the hatred oozing from your post makes it worth it.

Let it flow, bro...

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Then why is he being investigated?

(serious question)

1 hour ago, suddenly shaggy said:

Lulz. You accusing anyone of projecting or smearing other posters is hilarious. 

The best part is when you call somebody else a liar and quote yourself as proof. You can’t make that shit up. 

Edited by Anastasis

Just now, slorch said:

LOLz.

the hatred oozing from your post makes it worth it.

Let it flow, bro...

Why are you willfully obtuse?  Do you not have any intellectual curiosity whatsoever?  What exactly do they teach at Tech?  I would think anyone with a functioning brain would be puzzled by the repeated efforts by Trump to interfere with Mueller's investigation, among other things, but it not only doesn't matter to you, it doesn't REGISTER.  

1 minute ago, slorch said:

Then why is he being investigated?

(serious question)

For one thing, they investigated Trump, his associates, and his campaign staffers, among others.  None but Trump enjoy DOJ protection against indictment.  So there's that answer.

But if you'd simply read the charge letter to Mueller from May, 2017 you'd know why the investigation was launched.  You just want to twist and obfuscate and gaslight, because . . . why, exactly?

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

Pleaded guilty to or currently indicted for felonies: Trump's Campaign Manager, Deputy Campaign Manager, National Security Advisor, long time Rat-Fucker, and Personal Lawyer, plus a lot of Russians who attacked us, an oligarch's SIL, and a dude in California.

Except for Flynn and Gates ---> who are STILL cooperating ---> the others appeared have lied about matters that benefit Trump, and Trump continues to lie in order to preserve their hope for a pardon.

The nuttiest part?  As of today, it's not even half over.  buckle up buttercup

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

For one thing, they investigated Trump, his associates, and his campaign staffers, among others.  None but Trump enjoy DOJ protection against indictment.  So there's that answer.

But if you'd simply read the charge letter to Mueller from May, 2017 you'd know why the investigation was launched.  You just want to twist and obfuscate and gaslight, because . . . why, exactly?

Because if there was one ounce of substance behind the investigation, the impeachment would have already started.

It's all just political chairs on the titanic with these folks.

Just now, slorch said:

Because if there was one ounce of substance behind the investigation, the impeachment would have already started.

It's all just political chairs on the titanic with these folks.

You're an absolute fool.  Fuck off.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 2

Good explanation:  

Conservatives Stunned by Mueller Suggesting Trump Is Not Innocent

"Robert Mueller’s brief, eight-minute remarks on Wednesday about his investigation left the non-conservatives who closely follow his work fairly nonplussed. Mueller was simply reiterating things he had already written in his report. Conservatives, on the other hand, erupted in outrage.

What so vexed the right about Mueller’s curt affirmation of his previous conclusions? The answer, as we’ll see, seems to be that they believed their own propaganda about what Mueller had (and had not) found. Presented even briefly with reality, their minds have reeled in shock.

[...]

And as silly and basic as his error may be, fellow conservatives followed the same fundamentally mistaken premise. “By implying that President Trump might have committed obstruction of justice, Mueller effectively invited Democrats to institute impeachment proceedings,” writes a stunned Alan Dershowitz. “Obstruction of justice is a ‘high crime and misdemeanor’ which, under the Constitution, authorizes impeachment and removal of the president.”

Right. Mueller found clear and extensive evidence that Trump committed high crimes and misdemeanors. Dershowitz proceeds from his confusion to complain that Mueller’s insinuation that Trump committed high crimes could only be resolved through “a full adversarial trial with a zealous defense attorney, vigorous cross-examination, exclusionary rules of evidence, and other due process safeguards.” That process is called impeachment. Dershowitz is describing the reason why Mueller is leaving the decision to prosecute the crimes he discovered to Congress. Because Dershowitz cannot surrender his belief in Trump’s innocence, he sees Mueller as carrying out an unfathomable Kafkaesque travesty, rather than a straightforward application of the system of processing presidential crimes.

John Podhoretz laments that Mueller emphasized his lack of exoneration of Trump’s conduct. “Granted, [Mueller] said pretty much the same thing in the report he produced,” Podhoretz concedes, but “It matters what he chose to repeat from it and what he did not. He wanted the American people to hear him speak those words.” Podhoretz is aghast that Mueller would emphasize this, but the reason is perfectly obvious: It’s because Barr lied about it. 

cont. "

^^^ Take particular note of the last quoted sentence - Barr lied about it.  And it's AG Bill Barr who is currently in defiance of a Congressional subpoena to testify, not Bob Mueller.  Why ?  Because Barr knows he's fucked on this.

Edited by triplehorn

19 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

slorch’d

so y'all got nothin.

LOLz.   Typical.

One simple fucking question...   crickets.

"Blame Slorch for bringing it up."

Edited by slorch

Slorch, I think many want impeachment to begin because we need some faith restored in our democracy.  The evidence is so overwhelming and compelling Trump stonewalls at every opportunity and he hired a professional fixer to spin his crimes laid out in black and white.   It’s okay if Trump doesn’t get removed by the Senate.  We already know they sold this country out to Russia. 

I think most of the people that worked their asses in the midterms to flip the house so Trump doesn’t kill the constitution are concerned the fruits of their efforts are being squandered. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

38 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You're an absolute fool.  Fuck off.

tee-hee0hee

so unenlightened...without substance of your hate.

Substantiate it, bro...

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Where is the substance??
In the Mueller report.
But, where is the substance??
In the Mueller report.
Ok but hear me out, where is the substance??
In the Mueller report.
Lulz stupid libs can’t even answer my question.

arrest the motherfucker....

wait.

Impeach him.

wait.

is the time right to throw our shit against the wall?

wait.

Media help us, bitches...

56 minutes ago, slorch said:

Bullshit, you love trump. 

A witch-hunt that has thrown Trump’s campaign chairman and his personal lawyer in jail.

I suppose trump and Manafort obstructed justice well enough so that the underlying crime may not have been able to be proven. You give him a pass for that. You are full of shit. The man is a criminal. If you can’t see that you are a complete dumbass. 

And we’ll act on the evidence when we feel like it, not based on your stupid ass timeline. 

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Barr's bullshit goes of the rails in the last 10 seconds of that clip.  That's where we need both Barr and Mueller (and Rosenstein) to testify as to what their interactions and mutual understandings were.  

Also note that in the clip, Barr speaks in the past tense about not knowing that Mueller intended the criminal deliberations of the report to occur through Congress.  He doesn't revise his expressed understanding in that interview to account for what Mueller detailed in his address yesterday.  Barr is grossly and deliberately twisting the public's trust and is avoiding being held to account by Congress for his deception.  He needs get the boot.