The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

42 minutes ago, sachick said:

I want an impeachment hearing so that when it gets to the senate all these assholes who are putting party over country have to go on record stating they support Trump and everything he’s done. Let the history books remember them as cowards.

When all is said and done I would prefer the history books remember them as traitors. The lot of them should be swept into the dustbin of history right alongside their orange-faced god.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I'd like to see impeachment proceedings start by August, and then by this time next year the pretend POTUS will be so melted down they will have to invoke the 25th.  You know the first charges against Ivanka are going to ratchet up the crazies to redline levels.  That late into it the R's are screwed since they are all in on Trumptrain.

Also agree with sachick, I want those enabling fucks on record right before election. 

Pelosi is going to make a trump impeachment about the GOP Senate.  in a presidential election year.  22 GOP Senate seats are up for grabs next year.

If GOP House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is any indication, they aren't going to pull their heads out either:

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, RPM said:

Exactly. He couldn't even say "I take the Fifth" without going into some rambling monologue why he's doing that and burying himself in the process.

"I take the 5th because many people are telling me to. I met this big strong biker the other day from Kentucky. Walks up to me and tells me to not say anything to those Democrats in Congress. Really smart guy. Many other people are telling me the same thing. Mr. President just plead the 5th! So here I am pleading the 5th to these angry witch-hunt hoax loving Democrats, but I'm not here to do that! I'm here to drain the swamp and make America great again! The real criminal is Hillary and we won't rest until we lock her up!"

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 3

his lawyers will never let him get sworn in on the stand.  no chance.  they wouldn't let him talk to mueller because of "perjury traps" whatever that is (regular questions he doesn't want to answer?).  then when they sent him questions to get written answers, he still wouldn't answer like half of them, rambling into some form of "i don't recall".  chris cuomo on cnn praised rudy (somewhat sarcastically) for being smart enough to keep him from testifying.

my old boss, whom i've often referred to as having the same sort of personality disorder trump has, was not allowed (by several lawyers) ever to take the stand.  one of them told me he was "far and away the worst witness he had ever seen" and this lawyer was at least 60 years old and expensive.  they didn't even want him in the courtroom, saying that his body language alone influenced the judge and jury.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

if you have any dumb friends, and you want to explain this to them in a very simple way, just say this.  "mueller is a private, professional man, who hates attention, and doesn't want any type of spotlight.  the easiest thing for him to do to avoid all of the commotion, was to simply say 'trump was innocent'.  he literally could've made this whole thing go away with one word.  and he chose not to."

• Like 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

if you have any dumb friends, and you want to explain this to them in a very simple way, just say this.  "mueller is a private, professional man, who hates attention, and doesn't want any type of spotlight.  the easiest thing for him to do to avoid all of the commotion, was to simply say 'trump was innocent'.  he literally could've made this whole thing go away with one word.  and he chose not to."

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Any lawyer who ever allowed president trump to testify under oath is committing professional malpractice who should immediately notify his malpractice carrier of said decision. 

Trump is not only incapable of not committing perjury, he is completely incapable of telling the truth about anything except possibly his own name. 

The bottom line is this. Don’t be a lawyer for trump. See Michael Cohen as Exhibit A. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

Resign?  Lol.  Trump could go on a killing spree caught on film and he wouldn't resign and the Senate wouldn't remove him. Mueller would just sit on his hands saying the same shit too. 

We are pretty much a dictatorship now. The Senate is like the one Maduro installed in Venezuela. It won't go against Trump for any reason whatsoever.  He could absolutely do anything he wants. 

All of this and, there will never be any real consequences for Trump.  

Seems like Trump having to be president is punishment enough.  I mean, it doesn’t look like he’s having a lot of fun.  Putin skipped Poland and went straight for Wisconsin.  Trump was sentenced to serve someone other than himself and it will probably kill him.

24 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

his lawyers will never let him get sworn in on the stand.  no chance.  they wouldn't let him talk to mueller because of "perjury traps" whatever that is (regular questions he doesn't want to answer?).  then when they sent him questions to get written answers, he still wouldn't answer like half of them, rambling into some form of "i don't recall".  chris cuomo on cnn praised rudy (somewhat sarcastically) for being smart enough to keep him from testifying.

my old boss, whom i've often referred to as having the same sort of personality disorder trump has, was not allowed (by several lawyers) ever to take the stand.  one of them told me he was "far and away the worst witness he had ever seen" and this lawyer was at least 60 years old and expensive.  they didn't even want him in the courtroom, saying that his body language alone influenced the judge and jury.

Shit this was the post I was trying to respond to earlier. My bad. 

I too used to work for a boss who had a mild case of NPD, but mainly I think he was ADD and bipolar. Sometimes it hard to tell but he wasn’t even close to the spectrum of trump level on any of it. 

But he would have made a terrible witness in any setting. People like Trump who have full blown NPD are the worst witnesses in the world, because not only do they totally suck, lie constantly, and piss everyone off, but they think the exact opposit is happening and they are just charming the whole world.

Trump is that person. And he’s the president. Scary stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Maybe this gives insight into Mueller and his approach.  The last part gets understated.

This is about 3 times too smart for the congress critters to pick up on and 30 times too smart for your average American.  We are fucked.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is about 3 times too smart for the congress critters to pick up on and 30 times too smart for your average American.  We are fucked.

That's my concern and why Mueller's approach may not have been the best possible one.  In highly politicized times, most folks need clarity.  They need focus.  And they need resolve.  I have no doubt that Mueller's intentions were above reproach, it's simply they may have been ill suited for the partisan charged times we find ourselves in.

There was video on some channel interviewing an elderly lady who admitted she had no idea until today (at a town hall she attended) that there was any bad information about Trump in the report.  She admitted her lens was narrow and her echo chamber was strong.  She didn't seek the truth.... sometimes the public needs it fed to them.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's my concern and why Mueller's approach may not have been the best possible one.  In highly politicized times, most folks need clarity.  They need focus.  And they need resolve.  I have no doubt that Mueller's intentions were above reproach, it's simply they may have been ill suited for the partisan charged times we find ourselves in.

There was video on some channel interviewing an elderly lady who admitted she had no idea until today (at a town hall she attended) that there was any bad information about Trump in the report.  She admitted her lens was narrow and her echo chamber was strong.  She didn't seek the truth.... sometimes the public needs it fed to them.

Yes, it was a woman at Justin Amash's town hall.  My jaw hit the floor.  We have one year, roughly, to attempt to get these people to see reality.  It's like fucking Armageddon.  Can we get Billy Bob to come at these people as an astrophysicist?  Maybe that would help.  Or maybe Liv Tyler can comfort me?  Whatever it takes really.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yes, it was a woman at Justin Amash's town hall.  My jaw hit the floor.  We have one year, roughly, to attempt to get these people to see reality.  It's like fucking Armageddon.  Can we get Billy Bob to come at these people as an astrophysicist?  Maybe that would help.  Or maybe Liv Tyler can comfort me?  Whatever it takes really.

Or a town hall.  Beto would've done it. Make Republicans defend it everywhere.  But it's going to take face to face and thick skin to do it.  

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Probably the lady from the Amash town hall. She gets her news from Fox and had never heard that the Mueller report explicitly says it doesn't exonerate Trump. 

On Mueller's address at DoJ today, frequent Fox guest/sometimes Hannity stand-in Dan Bongino on his radio show:

"DAN BONGINO (HOST): Mueller has said you can't charge a president with a crime. Why is he saying that? He's saying that because he wants the liberals and the talking heads, which you'll see tonight, I guarantee it, you'll see tonight on TV. He wants the liberals to go out and say, "Look, the president clearly committed a crime. Mueller laid it out, and the only reason he didn't charge him is because he was the president." You may say, "Well, Dan, that is what Mueller said, what's the comeback to that?" The comeback is very easy — that is not what Bob Mueller told Bill Barr.

[...]

Either Mueller is lying or Barr is lying. And I will bet you my right arm and I will throw in my left as a bonus, that Bob Mueller just lied to the American people, about a conversation he had with Bill Barr because he was losing the narrative.  

[...]

He is lying. One-hundred percent."

^^^  full-on psychotic junkanoo.  It's hard to appreciate how devastating Mueller's brief remarks today were to the alternate concocted reality.  

Barr initially testified to Congress April 9.  Then the Mueller report came out April 18th.  There's a reason Bill Barr defied a subpoena to appear before the HJC after the report came out.  baby steps, Dan.

Maddow on the Mueller address today:

Spoiler

HJC vice chair Scanlon comes on at about 13' and talks about bringing in those Mueller witnesses to publicly explain how Trump engaged with them using various requests and inducements to obstruct justice.  If the Ingraham's, Hannity's and Dan Bonginos of the world flip their biscuit from Mueller's address today, imagine when all those Mueller witnesses testify to the same evidence on national TV during for purposes of impeachment.

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lulz, Mueller tries to stay above the fray and not make a statement that can be used for politics, and then lays down and lets Trump drag his orange nuts repeatedly across his face. 

This is the tragedy.  People bitch about Comey, McCabe, and Brennan speaking out but that’s all they can do to push back on this mistake of a human being.  I wonder if Mueller will stay quiet since he’s returning to private life.  

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Probably the lady from the Amash town hall. She gets her news from Fox and had never heard that the Mueller report explicitly says it doesn't exonerate Trump. 

I know right--but prospective candidates still need to go these places and meet them. That's the only thing that will burst their bubbles. They may just not attend but it would be local news that they would have to make the effort to avoid. 

4 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lulz, Mueller tries to stay above the fray and not make a statement that can be used for politics, and then lays down and lets Trump drag his orange nuts repeatedly across his face. 

How so ?  Mr. Mueller stated they couldn't say they couldn't clear  president of attempts to obstruct or collude. They couldn't clear the president of any wrong doing. That's not the same thing as not guilty.

The cases being investigated will be interesting to see played out over the next couple years. He could go directly from the Oval Office to a federal courthouse in Richmond.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The tragedy is people building up mueller to be a Super hero figure who was going to swoop in and destroy their enemies and restore the order of the republic. Pure fantasy. 

I think the Mueller Report over delivered and the Democrats don’t know what to do with it.  Justin Amash makes this point better than anyone.  The elaborate and well orchestrated effort by the White House and the DOJ to cover up and obscure the contents of the Mueller report also makes this case.  

Have you read the Mueller Report? 

24 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I think the Mueller Report over delivered and the Democrats don’t know what to do with it.  Justin Amash makes this point better than anyone.  The elaborate and well orchestrated effort by the White House and the DOJ to cover up and obscure the contents of the Mueller report also makes this case.  

I will eat crow if and when it happens. But the Dems know what to do  they just let this little thing called "politics" get in the way. 2020 is the looming big bad monster that they are scared shitless of making the wrong move. It's about votes, not doing "what is right". It always has been people are just to blind to see this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s almost like the Dems are trying to lose.  Nothing screams “out of touch” like what they’re doing now.  Playing politics and always calculating towards the next election is part of the reason Trump won. 

You need to relax.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

LMAO. Over delivered based on what? Nobody believes that you think it over delivered. The Mueller Report that you had built up in your mind prior to its release would have had him convicted in the senate 100-0. Come on, man. We were all here, you can't just suddenly change your story to try to make yourself seem anything other than extremely upset that the Mueller Report wasn't what you thought it was going to be. At one point you were telling us that Orrin Hatch was going to be president.

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s almost like the Dems are trying to lose.  Nothing screams “out of touch” like what they’re doing now.  Playing politics and always calculating towards the next election is part of the reason Trump won. 

It's almost like you are just mad that all of your predictions of the report fell flat on their face and your calls for impeachment are simply trying to fill an emotional void that the Mueller report created in you. Your entire persona on this board and probably multiple others went kaput in a single day, and you've been chasing the dragon ever since. We all know it. You haven't been thinking clearly since, well, ever. But you haven't been thinking clearly by your standards since the report came out.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

It's almost like you are just mad that all of your predictions of the report fell flat on their face and your calls for impeachment are simply trying to fill an emotional void that the Mueller report created in you.

I'm happy for Hugo. He's going to get his wish on impeachment. 

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Oh really?  What were my predictions on the report? 

I'm not rehashing that whole thing, but we all know what you were expecting. I realize that you take so many different positions on so many different days that you think it makes you unable to be cornered. But it's literally a board-wide thing. You were the "Mueller report" guy, to the point of turning yourself into a meme. You and people who approach things like you do are hurtful to the cause of getting Trump out. I wish you would just stop.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1