The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

That euro lawyer already did 30 days, right?  I don't count that as significant here, I guess because it wasn't part of some big take-down-the-US conspiracy, I'm forced to draw the line above a month.

So on re-evaluation, I guess what I'm saying is that Manafort is going to be the only dude indicted for super nefarious stuff.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Nothing will come of the Mueller investigation.

Quit being a drama queen. No one is saying nothing will happen. People are saying you don't know what or when it will happen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don’t think anyone did 5 years in prison for watergate.  

For me, any jail time is significant and I imagine it would be significant for anyone tied up in this mess.

Liddy served pretty close to 5 of his original 20 year sentence before Carter reduced it to...8(?) I think. 

Ollie North got partial immunity in Iran Contra and got 3 years suspended and 2 years probation before the convictions were vacated on appeal. 

8 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

That euro lawyer already did 30 days, right?  I don't count that as significant here, I guess because it wasn't part of some big take-down-the-US conspiracy, I'm forced to draw the line above a month.

So on re-evaluation, I guess what I'm saying is that Manafort is going to be the only dude indicted for super nefarious stuff.

Trump won't be president forever. Something tells me if a sitting president can't be indicted, being president tolls the statute of limitations.

Just now, F250 said:

Quit being a drama queen. No one is saying nothing will happen. People are saying you don't know what or when it will happen.

It’s like handicapping the Super Bowl of the Patriots vs Texas A&M at this point. 

You don’t know how or what will happen but you’re informed enough to know it’s going to get ugly.

My statement of “Nothing will come of the Mueller investigation” was more of a jab at where this investigation was a year ago.  

No one ever gives any credit when people post things that later prove true but make one wrong prediction and it’s haha that guy was wrong and stupid. 

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s like handicapping the Super Bowl of the Patriots vs Texas A&M at this point. 

You don’t know how or what will happen but you’re informed enough to know it’s going to get ugly.

My statement of “Nothing will come of the Mueller investigation” was more of a jab at where this investigation was a year ago.  

No one ever gives any credit when people post things that later prove true but make one wrong prediction and it’s haha that guy was wrong and stupid. 

Don't take it personal, it's just that all of the predictions have become background noise.

1 minute ago, F250 said:

Don't take it personal, it's just that all of the predictions have become background noise.

All of this.  While it's fun to toss out predictions, none of us are in a position to make them, so dates come and go.   They are kind of a distraction from the facts, which are crazy in and of themselves.

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Rick Gates has already pled guilty to conspiracy to defraud the United States.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1038801/download

Don’t get hung up on that title.  I feel like I’ve seen that several times on here.  It reads like treason or something but is more used as a generic conspiracy when something like aiding a tax dodger is the offense. That’s basically what he copped to.  Conspiring with Manafort on money laundering and not FARA registering.   

8 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Also from Mr. Schindler.

If Israel was involved it would partially explain Dershowitz’ unusually pro trump stance. Dershowitz is as pro Israel as you can find. 

The article makes a good point that while trump has basically let down the Russians (except for making America weaker in the world) the right wing in Israel has gotten whatever they want. 

4 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Don’t get hung up on that title.  I feel like I’ve seen that several times on here.  It reads like treason or something but is more used as a generic conspiracy when something like aiding a tax dodger is the offense. That’s basically what he copped to.  Conspiring with Manafort on money laundering and not FARA registering.   

13 Russians got charged with the exact same crime.

So while you minimize the significance of 18 USC 371, I think others are likely to get hit with it as well.  But you’re right, it’s not technically “treason”.  

That’s where the goalposts are now.

whatever.

5 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

yeah, i'm moving the goalposts by explaining what the charge is instead of relying on your dramatic reading of the title.

Dramatic reading of the title = literally reading the title of the charges. 

Should he have made up his own name for the charges to make them sound less dramatic? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

If Israel was involved it would partially explain Dershowitz’ unusually pro trump stance. Dershowitz is as pro Israel as you can find. 

The article makes a good point that while trump has basically let down the Russians (except for making America weaker in the world) the right wing in Israel has gotten whatever they want. 

That the Israeli intelligence apparatus conducted a clandestine campaign to influence the outcome of the US election via a russian style active measures campaign intended to frame  Putin in the matter just strains logic.  And to set that line of thinking off by something that attention horse papadop blondo, who is smoke, said in an interview with Tucker Carlson, well, I mean, I guess that is where we are with this whole thing in the twitterverse. Although, if Bibi did it, he certainly had motive.  Much like Putin he feels that US administrations have tried to interfere in their elections. Bibi feels that the US, and particularly democratic administrations, have worked to influence Israeli elections against him. 

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

That the Israeli intelligence apparatus conducted a clandestine campaign to influence the outcome of the US election via a russian style active measures campaign intended to frame  Putin in the matter just strains logic.  And to set that line of thinking off by something that attention horse papadop blondo, who is smoke, said in an interview with Tucker Carlson, well, I mean, I guess that is where we are with this whole thing in the twitterverse. Although, if Bibi did it, he certainly had motive.  Much like Putin he feels that US administrations have tried to interfere in their elections. Bibi feels that the US, and particularly democratic administrations, have worked to influence Israeli elections against him. 

The beginning of your post seems to be contradicted by the end of it.

Im not saying that Israel was involved. But I’m not gonna rule it out either given what has transpired since the election. 

This is going to be good. 

Existence of the Blackberries was disclosed because of his fucking email signature when the emails were leaked.

Part of me thinks no-one could be this stupid. That part of me wonders if Nunberg pussed out and anonymously leaked the emails as cover to disclose the docs to Mueller. 

The other part of me remembers that Sam Nunberg is actually that big of a dumbass, so it could be as reported too. 

lulz either way

Edited by Pods

2 minutes ago, Equinox said:

You mean they won't take a cue from Hillary Clinton and smash them all up?

Negged for the millionth uncreative "But Hillary". If you're going to be a troll, get some new material. 

• Fuck You 1

So if Mueller is looking at WhatsApp, Signal, etc., I would guess he's probably looking at proton mail as well.

Combine this with relevant documents as they are processed by the Special Master in the Cohen case, there could be a lot more written evidence than most of us thought would be the case. 

2 minutes ago, Pods said:

So if Mueller is looking at WhatsApp, Signal, etc., I would guess he's probably looking at proton mail as well.

Combine this with relevant documents as they are processed by the Special Master in the Cohen case, there could be a lot more written evidence than most of us thought would be the case. 

Can’t read too much into it other than Mueller is likely looking more at conspiracy to obstruct justice, at the least.

Well, I’m saying nothing will happen.

I mean Mueller will almost certainly have reams of evidence on dozens of people.

But Trump will pardon them all. And the GOP Senate will never convict Trump at an impeachment trial (although they will be “deeply concerned.”). So...everyone gets off scot-free.

Of course, you think I’m a drama queen. But....you also know that I’m probably right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Can’t read too much into it other than Mueller is likely looking more at conspiracy to obstruct justice, at the least.

We know he has more communications between Nunberg and Stone at a minimum. 

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, I’m saying nothing will happen.

I mean Mueller will almost certainly have reams of evidence on dozens of people.

But Trump will pardon them all. And the GOP Senate will never convict Trump at an impeachment trial (although they will be “deeply concerned.”). So...everyone gets off scot-free.

Of course, you think I’m a drama queen. But....you also know that I’m probably right.

You definitely have a flair for the dramatic but I do not doubt Trump will issue out pardons. Has there ever been a Presidential scandal that didn't result in a legal slap on the wrist?

58 minutes ago, Pods said:

Negged for the millionth uncreative "But Hillary". If you're going to be a troll, get some new material. 

Negged for the millionth uncreative "but troll". Get some new material.

I didn't actually neg you. :)

Edited by Equinox

20 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Liddy served pretty close to 5 of his original 20 year sentence before Carter reduced it to...8(?) I think. 

Ollie North got partial immunity in Iran Contra and got 3 years suspended and 2 years probation before the convictions were vacated on appeal. 

And federal sentencing is a lot more rigid and harsh than it was back then.  But, then again, white people with money.

Edited by TwiceHorn

20 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Kush is deep cover Mossad, imo.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking it might be a tactical error for a Russian spy whose cover has been blown to seek refuge in . . . Russia.

His cover isn't blown due to his actions though and he fled to Russia rather than cooperate with the investigation. Putin would normally reward that behavior. It's the best of a bunch of bad options for Vlad. 

The possible issue is, Kilimnik has a notorious confidentiality problem. However, most of that is relaying information to the Russian government, not leaking their information back. 

1 minute ago, Pods said:

His cover isn't blown due to his actions though and he fled to Russia rather than cooperate with the investigation. Putin would normally reward that behavior. It's the best of a bunch of bad options for Vlad. 

The possible issue is, Kilimnik has a notorious confidentiality problem. However, most of that is relaying information to the Russian government, not leaking their information back. 

Lulz.  He's dead.

Has anyone pointed it out how funny it is that the MAGA crowd were bending themselves into pretzels earlier this week trying to decode the mystery of what Strzok meant when he asked "did you get your oconus lures approved?" They were convinced that this was going to be the final piece they needed to prove that the FBI was putting spies on Trump as far back as December 2015.

It's literally a defined DOJ term in the US Attorney's Manual. 

9-15.630 - Lures

A lure involves using a subterfuge to entice a criminal defendant to leave a foreign country so that he or she can be arrested in the United States, in international waters or airspace, or in a third country for subsequent extradition, expulsion, or deportation to the United States. Lures can be complicated schemes or they can be as simple as inviting a fugitive by telephone to a party in the United States.

Some countries will not extradite a person to the United States if the person's presence in that country was obtained through the use of a lure or other ruse. In addition, some countries may view a lure of a person from its territory as an infringement on its sovereignty or criminal law. Consequently, a prosecutor must consult with the Office of International Affairs (OIA) and secure approval from the Criminal Division before undertaking a lure to the United States or a third country.

https://www.justice.gov/usam/usam-9-15000-international-extradition-and-related-matters#9-15.630

Dear God, we've FBI agents discussing apprehension of a suspect and whether or not it has been cleared. Scandal!!!!!!!!! It's Watergate times eleventy-billionl!!!

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Lulz.  He's dead.

Quite possibly, but the problem with killing everyone is it tells every other witness the only chance they have to live is to cooperate with Mueller and hope Vlad can't hit them. 

Regarding Kilimnick, in Rinat Akmetshin's Senate testimony he was asked about a whole laundry list of names including Kilimnick.  He responded that he did meet him once, as Kilimnick was accompanying a Ukrainian member of Parliament, who he believed was attending the 2014 SOTU address.  The three of them had tea together, for about 15 minutes, per the testimony.  I would be interested in knowing who that Ukrainian was, what Rinat's connection was to him.  (The assumption that if Rinat didn't know KK previously, that he would have known the Ukrainian.)