The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

JERUSALEM (AP) — Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani says special counsel Robert Mueller's team is trying to frame President Trump.

Giuliani, who has been serving as Trump's lawyer amid the Russia scandal, says Wednesday in Israel that Mueller's team includes "13 highly partisan Democrats ... (who) are trying very very hard to frame him to get him in trouble when he hasn't done anything wrong."

Speaking to the Globes capital market conference in Tel Aviv, Giuliani says Trump has the power to pardon himself but won't because he is innocent.

It was the latest in Giuliani's often contradictory comments surrounding the probe into Russia's potential meddling in U.S elections.

Giuliani has become a lightning rod during his tenure on Trump's team, drawing the president's ire for a series of scattershot interviews.

27 minutes ago, ousuxndallas said:

McCabe is seeking immunity deal. What does that mean for this investigation?

Certain GOP leadership have continued to escalate their challenges to the FBI's credibility as a response to the investigation into Trump/Russia.  Grassley and Graham of Senate Judiciary already made a criminal referral of Chris Steele to DoJ in an effort to malign the credibility of the Steele dossier.  How many points of the dossier have been proven false today?  Zero. zilch.  nada.

McCabe is also a witness to Trump obstruction efforts.  Grassley is a snake who'd love to manufacture a sideshow to further attack and discredit the FBI.

And did you notice, today the lawyer for the president of the United States is in a foreign country attacking the American justice system as corrupt?

McCabe is nobody's fool.

Edited by triplehorn

2 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Indictment of Bibi may be imminent.  Are all Jews indictable ?  Would covert Israeli acts track more closely with the goals of Bibi or all Jews in general ?

Are you talking a mueller indictment or the corruption case in Israel?

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

JERUSALEM (AP) — Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani says special counsel Robert Mueller's team is trying to frame President Trump.

Giuliani, who has been serving as Trump's lawyer amid the Russia scandal, says Wednesday in Israel that Mueller's team includes "13 highly partisan Democrats ... (who) are trying very very hard to frame him to get him in trouble when he hasn't done anything wrong."

Speaking to the Globes capital market conference in Tel Aviv, Giuliani says Trump has the power to pardon himself but won't because he is innocent.

It was the latest in Giuliani's often contradictory comments surrounding the probe into Russia's potential meddling in U.S elections.

Giuliani has become a lightning rod during his tenure on Trump's team, drawing the president's ire for a series of scattershot interviews.

Rudy is doing exactly what he is paid to do. And Trump is taking his advice by relentlessly attacking Mueller on twitter. 

n the early years of the century, as Paul Manafort made his way across Moscow and Kiev, he was followed by a diminutive man. With a generous slackening of the tape, the man measured just above 5 feet. This made for a striking contrast in physical frames, because Manafort and his expansive shoulders crowd a room. It also made the pair an almost slapstick spectacle. But over time, Manafort and the smaller man, his aide-de-camp, began to converge in appearance. The aide started to dress like his boss, buying expensive suits cut in a similar style. He would mimic his mentor’s habits, using the same car service to shuttle through the cobblestone streets of the Ukrainian capital in the same model BMW. He would come to earn the title “Manafort’s Manafort.”

Tm8xX1X.jpg

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Manafort will never flip.  He's going to his grave with any info, willingly or unwillingly.

This was my initial take as well but with the very real likelihood he will be in the slammer by the weekend, the odds of him flipping just went up astronomically.

Also this:

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I have no idea what to make of McCabe except there’s probably a ton of shit we still don’t know.

That never stopped us from making bold predictions in the past, like a bunch of new indictments by June 1st for example. 

• Like 1

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

That never stopped us from making bold predictions in the past, like a bunch of new indictments by June 1st for example. 

I was wrong as I admitted I could be.

Also, speculations on criminal cases where there is public information everywhere is much different than speculation on internal FBI operations.

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

These indictment predictions are pretty similar to people predicting the rapture. Look, I know you really really want it to happen but how about we just live our lives as usual as things play out.

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

These indictment predictions are pretty similar to people predicting the rapture. Look, I know you really really want it to happen but how about we just live our lives as usual as things play out.

Well if they don't through any numbers out, then on the 537th time, they can't say "AH-HA!!!  I was right!!!"  

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I'm not disagreeing with this.  I think there is a good chance Manafort dies in prison.  I'm saying no one else goes over 6 months.

With the hard-on the Dotus has for pardons, I think we'll be lucky to see even this much.

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I'm not disagreeing with this.  I think there is a good chance Manafort dies in prison.  I'm saying no one else goes over 6 months.

Rick Gates likely will, unless he has some smoking gun type of shit against people not named Manafort. 

33 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

My prediction for a long time is that Manafort gets the book thrown at him and no one else does significant time.

I don’t think anyone did 5 years in prison for watergate.  

For me, any jail time is significant and I imagine it would be significant for anyone tied up in this mess.