Texas Summer Football Thread

Reese Bennett

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

The second wettest year was when your mom shared an apartment with me.

Whatever floats your boat. (Hint: she has enough body fat to float just about any boat.)

If we had an ugliest Surly mom competition, I would win by a landslide. We're talking so fat, Vic would have to be drunk first. And at 85 years old, she makes Karen the aggy stalker lady look like a spring chicken. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Whatever floats your boat. (Hint: she has enough body fat to float just about any boat.)

If we had an ugliest Surly mom competition, I would win by a landslide. We're talking so fat, Vic would have to be drunk first. And at 85 years old, she makes Karen the aggy stalker lady look like a spring chicken. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Pics of ugly MILF

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I was assuming more of a Sy Snootles look. 

Do I look like the son of a Pa'lowick to you?

Though, to be fair to my mother, she may be butt ugly, but she used to be able to sing pretty well. CSB, she was actually in the same choir at John Knox Presbyterian in Houston as Marshall Applegate back in the 60's. It's just too bad she didn't don the sneakers and travel to the level beyond next.

Edited by Walden Ponderer

I am always drunk

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Our football colors need to mimic the baseball teams colors. True burnt orange and it’s beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I noticed that a while back. The helmets are borderline too brownish, but the socks and everything else looks pretty spot on..
  • Like 2

Maybe so... but at some point she was hot enough.

#TeamYourMom

33 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

With the new redshirt rule, I want to see Cam Rising and Casey Thompson get some garbage time experience.   Hopefully some fourth quarter action against Tulsa.  

This would be a great situation for them. 

Additionally, I think teams could also hold depth chart competitions well into the season. For example, you have two freshmen and you can carry out an open competition through the early part of the season. Winner gets to keep playing, loser gets a redshirt. I'm hoping something like this happens with our DL and CB recruits. 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So if someone like Okafor plays in 4 games or less will it count as a RS for a non-freshman player?

I like the way you think.

This rule will really change things. 4 games seems like a lot, and I'm surprised they started with such a high number, but it'll be fun to watch how coaches utilize the new rule. 

3 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I like the way you think.

This rule will really change things. 4 games seems like a lot, and I'm surprised they started with such a high number, but it'll be fun to watch how coaches utilize the new rule. 

They chose 4 games because it's the same number as an injury redshirt. This way, it's all the same whether the player actually got injured or not. 

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

There are any number of ways to do it, but a "5th year senior" like Okafor or Shack could be talked into playing 4 games. Another year of development, more film for the NFL, and their final 4 games could all be home games. 

I don't think you could do that. If they didn't use their RS in their first four years, I believe they'd be out of eligibility at that point because they'd already played four. Now a guy like Okafor this year who could play in four games and then come back for another offseason of development in hopes of getting drafted after playing a full fifth year would be a different story. 

1 minute ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I don't think you could do that. If they didn't use their RS in their first four years, I believe they'd be out of eligibility at that point because they'd already played four. Now a guy like Okafor this year who could play in four games and then come back for another offseason of development in hopes of getting drafted after playing a full fifth year would be a different story. 

In total you can play for four years and four games in another year, but I think you are correct that once the four years eligibility has been exhausted, the player could not redshirt  on a back end fifth year.  

Early list of true freshman we expect to play four games? I expect the "4 gamers" to play in the final 3 home games and the bowl game. 

I would definitely play Angilau to keep him engaged and off a bike with a white short sleeve shirt and tie. 

Christian Jones is another. That kid needs some seasoning. 

I would play all of the freshman DEs as well. 

2 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

In total you can play for four years and four games in another year, but I think you are correct that once the four years eligibility has been exhausted, the player could not redshirt  on a back end fifth year.  

In that case, Okafor sure as hell better not play in more than 4 games this season. I think we're kind of stuck with Shack at this point. A grad transfer center would have been nice. 

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Early list of true freshman we expect to play four games? I expect the "4 gamers" to play in the final 3 home games and the bowl game. 

I would definitely play Angilau to keep him engaged and off a bike with a white short sleeve shirt and tie. 

Christian Jones is another. That kid needs some seasoning. 

I would play all of the freshman DEs as well. 

It was probably already in the cards, but I have to think now that our entire DB class will see snaps this season. Maybe Jamison could get a serious look at returner? My immediate thoughts are that Overshown could benefit the most from the four-game redshirt, but he might cause enough destruction on special teams that it wouldn't make sense to limit his games. Jalen Green could be the most interesting case. Has the highest ceiling of our cornerbacks, but didn't enroll early and plays a position that has a relatively steep learning curve.

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

It was probably already in the cards, but I have to think now that our entire DB class will see snaps this season. Maybe Jamison could get a serious look at returner? My immediate thoughts are that Overshown could benefit the most from the four-game redshirt, but he might cause enough destruction on special teams that it wouldn't make sense to limit his games. Jalen Green could be the most interesting case. Has the highest ceiling of our cornerbacks, but didn't enroll early and plays a position that has a relatively steep learning curve.

It's darned good carrot on the end of the stick for the freshmen. Work hard, earn playing time while they keep their redshirt. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This new redshirt rule has me daring to dream (a very dangerous thing, I know). If necessary, we could get useful snaps out of Grandy, Okafor, and Angilau while getting a redshirt year out of all of them.

Think of the competition this creates late in the season.

Older players would have some comfort in their starting positions, knowing coaches wouldn't dare burn the redshirt of some of those fighting for position. Freshman have extra motivation to work, grow as players if they think a spot on the field would be possible in the final few games, including the prized bowl game. Given we have had trouble with some of the entitled nature of our players over the years, this could be of great benefit to the program and the players.

While they're playing, I wonder if it will be like a true redshirt. During the season, redshirt players usually lift more frequently than the ones on the active roster, and I don't think they travel to away games either. I'm not sure how McKnight will balance this, but I'm sure he already has a few plans. 

The redshirt rule also gives the coaches some options if a draft eligible player wants to get cute and sit out the bowl game. 

I hate it, but I think it's the new normal. If Texas isn't the playoffs, I'd expect guys like Malik and Elliott to sit out.

I think draft eligible players skipping the bowl games was the real behind the scene driver on the redshirt rule change. The AFCA was pushing hard, they knew it was only going to get worse. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

6 hours ago, Skyline said:

This would be a great situation for them. 

Additionally, I think teams could also hold depth chart competitions well into the season. For example, you have two freshmen and you can carry out an open competition through the early part of the season. Winner gets to keep playing, loser gets a redshirt. I'm hoping something like this happens with our DL and CB recruits. 

I wouldn't mind seeing all their games split up, get freshman minutes in up to 8 games, could have them alternate too if you want it more like a competition

There are three buckets you put the Frosh into. Needs a RS. Doesn't need as RS. And Don't Know.

The smart coaches will play folks early on to see how they do. Try them for a game or two to evaluate them. This is especially true for QBs. We should play our two Frosh early because as much as I love Shane he's fucking useless. He's glass. And he's the second most important player on the team. If they suck, you preserve their shirt. If they dominate, Bro we just burned your shirt you're the starter.

It's an evaluation tool.

Edited by Thetexashammer