Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

We should have left Afghanistan shortly after we killed bin Ladin. We didn’t because Obama was a black president who didn’t have the backing of half the country because he was a mooslim.

The Russian puppet signed an incredibly shitty deal with the taliban to withdraw but was too much of a coward to do it himself so he pushed the date back and left it to Biden and here we are. The toddler GQP outrage is kinda annoying but entirely predictable so fuck em. Sometimes choices are hard and the grown ups have to clean up the republican toddlers shit stained diapers. 

Hard to come up with this kind of brain damage without just embracing performance art. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I get it, but ultimately it happened under his watch. Make no mistake, I wholeheartedly believe we should be out of there.......I worked there, along side the military and I knew after my 1st week there that there was little we could do there without occupying the place. Having said that, this was obviously a monumental disaster. This wasn't that difficult to prevent. Not sure who is to blame but ultimately the president has to take the responsibility. If you disagree with that, maybe Tom Herman should still be coaching at Texas.

He’s taken responsibility for what’s happened. There won’t be a 5th American president who’ll have to kick the Afghanistan can down the road. Biden has seen to it and I’m glad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

My problem is this administration is a fucking disaster. He can’t take questions because he can’t be pre screened for the inevitable slaughter that would happen at a press conference. Instead this loser gives us a fucking covid lecture today trying to divert the spotlight from the Afghanistan disaster he’s ultimately responsible for?

He's giving a fucking Covid lecture because literally hundreds of thousands of Americans have died from Covid and guess what, hundreds of thousands more are going to because of the insane right wing cabal making this about "mah freedumbs!" instead of taking the most serious public health crisis in a century seriously.  

Look, I'm lukewarm on Biden and the withdrawal from Afghanistan was botched in a massive way.

But if you think the President talking about Covid (as he's done almost daily since all the way back in his campaign) is a diversion, there can't even be any serious conversation with you.  Turn off Tucker Carlson, man.  At least Joe Biden gives a shit if you're alive a year from today.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Holy fuck if Biden or Obama were president and release 5K Taliban prisons just so we could withdraw.....

If we fully withdraw, who holds those prisoners. They were held in Bagram, not Gitmo they going to be released or moved one way or another. Did you want them moved to Gitmo? This is semantics and has nothing to do with the current situation.

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:

He’s taken responsibility for what’s happened. There won’t be a 5th American president who’ll have to kick the Afghanistan can down the road. Biden has seen to it and I’m glad.

Yeah, taken responsibility by blaming others. We haven't seen the end of this and I hope it doesn't get uglier but it can get much, much worse.

Edited by Longhornlove

Oh Minnie sweet Minnie.  The Taliban gave us the middle finger on the idiotic "guidelines" from day one, and the Afghan government and Army folded.  The "guidelines" started getting  ignored while Trump was in office, but you apparently didn't care, because you didn't say shit.
There is ZERO FUCKING CHANCE Trump could have done any better, and you know it, but you're trolling, because that's all you have left.

Well it’s only been 8 months since Joe took over and things got steadily worse in Afghanistan. Again. Nobody once said— we need to step things up a bit or activate more troops?

Zero fucking chance? All caps. Means you’re pretty confident. So you probably would’ve said we’d see videos of people falling off of planes 500 ft in the air if trump was President. Yea bull shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Satchel said:

He’s taken responsibility for what’s happened.

Not really. But he has stuck to his guns and his decision. And for that he deserves mucho credit.  He knew that he was diving into a political hellstorm. Maybe he realizes that this is hte end of his political road and wants to do the right thing. Better than any of his predecessors pulled off. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Longhornlove said:

Yeah, taken responsibility by blaming others. We haven't seen the end of this and I hope id doesn't get uglier but it can get much, much worse.

There is shared blame for having to finally pull the trigger on something that should have happened years ago. There may have been a better way but there were no good options. If it was easy, the three preceding presidents would have done it.

• Hook 'Em 1

He's giving a fucking Covid lecture because literally hundreds of thousands of Americans have died from Covid and guess what, hundreds of thousands more are going to because of the insane right wing cabal making this about "mah freedumbs!" instead of taking the most serious public health crisis in a century seriously.  
Look, I'm lukewarm on Biden and the withdrawal from Afghanistan was botched in a massive way.
But if you think the President talking about Covid (as he's done almost daily since all the way back in his campaign) is a diversion, there can't even be any serious conversation with you.  Turn off Tucker Carlson, man.  At least Joe Biden gives a shit if you're alive a year from today.

I’m sure those stranded behind enemy lines LOVE hearing about covid and certainly checked the CDC guidelines on their form when it came to executing a safe and efficient evacuation plan. I’m also sure they’re also keeping tabs on how deltas infecting Afghanistan.

JFC.

45 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

If you think we get out of Afghanistan at all costs, great, but this is an epic disaster. There is a right way and a wrong way to end this fiasco in Afghanistan and we certainly aren't doing it the right way.

If the right way is that obvious, why have four presidents not seen the wisdom of doing it?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:

i mean that's quite literally the words he used yesterday - "i take responsibility", "the buck stops with me", etc. 

maybe since we had 4 years of bizarro world with the exact opposite people can't recognize the words coming out of his mouth.

Crazy Pills GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Well it’s only been 8 months since Joe took over 

You can't even get the predicate statement correct.  I assume Buck & Tucker are saying this, and you being an incurious stooge just lap it up at face value.  Simple math:  Jan 20 to August 18 is just under 7 months.

Well it’s only been 8 months since Joe took over and things got steadily worse in Afghanistan. Again. Nobody once said— we need to step things up a bit or activate more troops?

Biden LITERALLY said the May 1 deadline was unrealistic and that we needed to slow things down.  You have a problem with that?  Remember, your boy Donald stated on April 18 that we should get everyone out by May 1.  How do you think THAT would have gone?

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’m sure those stranded behind enemy lines LOVE hearing about covid and certainly checked the CDC guidelines on their form when it came to executing a safe and efficient evacuation plan. I’m also sure they’re also keeping tabs on how deltas infecting Afghanistan.

JFC.

I'm sure they're all listening to the US News.  You know, hanging out in the cabana by the 75"er.

10 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Here's a fun question:

What's happening in Afghanistan right now is more the fault of:

A) Joe Biden

B) George Bush and Dick Cheney

I'll hang up and listen...

If I had a choice I would split with Bush/Obama, both had equal(almost)opportunity to get out of there. Considering Bin Ladenwas killed during the Obama Administration, and he had more time in office during the war, I would lean Obama/ Biden so essentially you gave a loaded question without proper options.

Edited by Longhornlove

Biden LITERALLY said the May 1 deadline was unrealistic and that we needed to slow things down.  You have a problem with that?  Remember, your boy Donald stated on April 18 that we should get everyone out by May 1.  How do you think THAT would have gone?

May 1 unrealistic, 9/11 realistic, 8/14 the buck stops here.

On April 18, Trumps a citizen at this point. What he says has no bearing on anything and has zero responsibilities on how we get people out efficiently and safely. Get that through your head. Biden failed his generals and intel.

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

May 1 unrealistic, 9/11 realistic, 8/14 the buck stops here.

On April 18, Trumps a citizen at this point. What he says has no bearing on anything and has zero responsibilities on how we get people out efficiently and safely. Get that through your head. Biden failed his generals and intel.

LMAO.  You are such a sucker.  Trump would have botched this exponentially worse.  It was already an impossible task -- there could be no "good" outcome.  You know this, you're just a sycophant for Trump and the MAGAts.  Fuck that.  Grow up.

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm no Biden fan in any universe but they set him the fuck up.  Doing the right thing doesn't involve leaving Americans stranded and fighting for their lives to get to the fucking airport.  Biden has no idea what is going on, he's reading the teleprompter of lies someone else is writing and it's going to end him.  It won't be long now.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

That it? Guess we’re just done now.

i mean...yes? we're done in Afghanistan and getting the fuck out. that's kinda the point. 

there's literally nobody in this thread or any other thread that's arguing this isn't a giant cluster fuck, a humanitarian disaster, and serious mistakes appear to be made. the guy at the top literally used the words 'i take responsibility, the buck stops with me'. i'm not sure what else you're after, it is what it is now and we'll all see how it plays out.  

some are so blinded by partisan hatred they can't even recognize when people are in agreement anymore. that's where we're at. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Republicans are amazing, man.

You're literally pretending to give half a shit about the plight of the poor Afghans that Joe Biden abandoned to the Taliban.  But you didn't care one inch about the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians Bush and Cheney had killed, by us, right around the time they got us into the clusterfuck in Afghanistan.  You celebrated "Shock and Awe," but this, no this is a real travesty.

You're full of shit and you're completely transparent.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, mulletpelini said:

Biden has no idea what is going on, he's reading the teleprompter of lies someone else is writing and it's going to end him.  It won't be long now.

Good lord, you don't even believe what your own eyes and ears are telling you.  What a bizarre world you live in.

10 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i mean that's quite literally the words he used yesterday - "i take responsibility", "the buck stops with me", etc. 

maybe since we had 4 years of bizarro world with the exact opposite people can't recognize the words coming out of his mouth.

Crazy Pills GIFs | Tenor

I'm pretty sure if Facebook had any balls they would have to slap a Context censor tag on that. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Good lord, you don't even believe what your own eyes and ears are telling you.  What a bizarre world you live in.

go on, elaborate.  He's writing what he struggles to read? He's coherent? Which part is inaccurate?

Edited by mulletpelini

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Republicans are amazing, man.

You're literally pretending to give half a shit about the plight of the poor Afghans that Joe Biden abandoned to the Taliban.  But you didn't care one inch about the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians Bush and Cheney had killed, by us, right around the time they got us into the clusterfuck in Afghanistan.  You celebrated "Shock and Awe," but this, no this is a real travesty.

You're full of shit and you're completely transparent.  

I am and always have been a conservative. Don't like the Bush's, think they are crooked as fuck but at the same time I resent what you just said. I worked in both countries with locals. You can fuck off with that shit take. You don't know me or presume to know me.

Just now, mulletpelini said:

go on, elaborate.  He's writing what he struggles to read? He's coherent? Which part is inaccurate?

Just shut up.  It's beyond tiring debating the latest dipshit bringing the hot take about Biden's diminished mental faculties.  You're not capable of actually assessing what is playing out right in front of your face.  You're being manipulated. 

And in case you feel the need to carry this further, I'm out.  I don't keep a running scorecard like some around here, so if you suck me back in tomorrow, I plead the 5th, but for tonight, fuck off.

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

I am and always have been a conservative. Don't like the Bush's, think they are crooked as fuck but at the same time I resent what you just said. I worked in both countries with locals. You can fuck off with that shit take. You don't know me or presume to know me.

This dude is mad. Don’t give him your current GPS coordinates.

2 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Oh that's right, you think St. Louis is safe, now it all makes sense.

Good lord, you are a relentlessly stupid person.  I mean, you can't even try to insult me without getting the facts wrong.  You're just pathologically stunted.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Welcome to the CR, lol. 

4 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Take it however you want. 

Want to know what I resent?  I resent the irreparable damage your party has done to this country.  And I resent the entire bullshit fake patriotic, fake religious moral high ground marketing campaign they've used to dupe a bunch of idiots into voting for them so they can get rich off of the military-industrial complex.  Joe Biden made a mistake.  There's no question.  But Bush, Cheney, et al knew exactly what they were doing.  And you still can't see it, can you?

• Hook 'Em 2