Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

do the numbers seem unbelievable to you? they don't to me

Seems like they should be doing their job more and less sitting down for interviews. 

Edited by Biff Tannen
I’m talking about sit down, prime time interviews. Again, why I am asking what counts as an interview.

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It’s been 213 days since his inauguration. So this guy is claiming Obama did an interview every 1.88 days and trump did one every 4.26 days?  What is the criteria for “interview” here?

Lacking context for sure. 

CNN quotes the same number though. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/08/19/politics/joe-biden-press-conference-interview/index.html

Seriously you are just trolling and need to be banned. Your presence here is worthless. 

So is that because your wife is kinda ugly or are you a closet gay?

You need a diaper from the quality of your posts.

giphy.gif

Banning for what? Having different views as you? You literally said Biden’s cleaning up something Trump was too big of a coward to do, meanwhile mention nothing about Obama and Biden having 8 years to do including an entire term after killing OBL in 2011.

Yea yea nobody wants to go down the blame game rabbit hole as pretty much the last 4 presidents share some. I just laugh at this “come to the CR and talk it out there” threat from pansies like yourself who are also asking for a troll ban.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It’s been 213 days since his inauguration. So this guy is claiming Obama did an interview every 1.88 days and trump did one every 4.26 days?  What is the criteria for “interview” here?

I could potentially see that being true for Obama. It was an utterly historic election. Biden was just an old white man succeeding another old white man. A story written all but twice in American history. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

giphy.gif

Banning for what? Having different views as you? You literally said Biden’s cleaning up something Trump was too big of a coward to do, meanwhile mention nothing about Obama and Biden having 8 years to do including an entire term after killing OBL in 2011.

Yea yea nobody wants to go down the blame game rabbit hole as pretty much the last 4 presidents share some. I just laugh at this “come to the CR and talk it out there” threat from pansies like yourself who are also asking for a troll ban.

All you have to do is not act like an idiot. Plenty of other trolls are capable of that, but not you.

You apparently are not willing to, or capable of doing that. It’s really not hard.

You have no intention of doing otherwise. So fuck off. Your contribution here is less than zero. 

58 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

He did not

he did take a 90 minute train trip from Delaware to DC for 35 years while in the Senate tho. Hard to believe the callousness, selfishness, and ego of that monster.

Deplorable.

On 8/21/2021 at 6:42 PM, Biff Tannen said:

There's a reason this space of time is being used. Remember, Trump used to go to the press conferences at first. It's like the way the Aggies like to use specific time frames to prove they have a winning record against Texas.

I'm sure they'll count call-ins to FOX and helicopter opportunities. Your question about what they're calling an interview is valid.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

There's a reason this space of time is being used. Remember, Trump used to go to the press conferences at first. It's like the way the Aggies like to use specific time frames to prove they have a winning record against Texas.

I'm sure they'll count call-ins to FOX and helicopter opportunities. Your question about what they're calling an interview is valid.

Plus, gets credit for all Covid briefings where nothing of substance was discussed other than how to make your innards sparkling clean with bleach.

It’s irrelevant to compare any President to Trump. High in corruption, feebleness, and malevolence, he hardly conducted himself as a President.

Then if you are a conservative critic of Biden, which modern President would Biden compare unfavorably to? He’s sharper than W and Reagan. HW Bush?

But there really is no genuine conservative criticism anymore. The disruption of norms was a feature for the forces that wish to see the end of effective Western-style democracy and nation-states.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

It’s irrelevant to compare any President to Trump. High in corruption, feebleness, and malevolence, he hardly conducted himself as a President.

Then if you are a conservative critic of Biden, which modern President would Biden compare unfavorably to? He’s sharper than W and Reagan. HW Bush?

But there really is no genuine conservative criticism anymore. The disruption of norms was a feature for the forces that wish to see the end of effective Western-style democracy and nation-states.

I think he compares unfavorably to most presidents, conservative or not, (Trump excluded for the reasons you stated) because of his ineffectiveness with the bully pulpit. i was born in 79 so all the ones I remember he'd be the worst at it.  he can't really marshall public opinion in a direction he wants.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

I think he compares unfavorably to most presidents, conservative or not, (Trump excluded for the reasons you stated) because of his ineffectiveness with the bully pulpit. i was born in 79 so all the ones I remember he'd be the worst at it.  he can't really marshall public opinion in a direction he wants.

biden is a centrist milquetoast dude...i am fairly ambivalent to him for the most part.

but, at this point, to compare any president in a pre-social media world to a president today in terms of measuring the marshaling of public opinion in any direction is a pretty unfair comparison.  none of those presidents began their term with this...

image.jpg

washington-dc-protest-save-america-march

gettyimages-1230455457-1-_wide-a25974aa0

1f6a059a-69f8-46dc-aa78-658c6a63d46e.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

This. Trump was undeniably the worst president in american history by several hundred million miles. 

Every criticism of any president going forward, unless the Rs somehow manage to elect someone even worse, will rightfully and fairly be met with whatabout trumpism. 

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Every criticism of any president going forward, unless the Rs somehow manage to elect someone even worse, will rightfully and fairly be met with whatabout trumpism. 

Unfortunately, there's also valid criticisms of still-in-place policy (or appointees) from trump that are still actively fucking shit up - that will get lumped in with trumpaboutism. Nevermind that the tactic has already been beaten into the ground by trump and the redhats so they just internalize any critique as being empty political attacks, because that's the only thing they can comprehend.

• Like 2

Perhaps the environment has changed. It’s deteriorated significantly since you were born for reasons beyond Biden’s control.
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

W used the bully pulpit to lie us into invading Iraq.

So much this. You know, there was a documentary on the Roosevelts (Teddy and FDR) I saw a couple of years ago, and Teddy was one of the most maddeningly inconsistent figures in history; he'd do something that made you love him, and turn right around and do something that made you hate him. As the inventor of the Bully Pulpit, his story is one to take to heart -- it's not enough just to have the power of persuasion, you have to actually use it for good. And that's just nowhere near as common a practice as I'd be comfortable in any president exercising.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

because it is

We're supposed to balance our budget like a household budget. You think grandma and grandpa would've ever spent $3.5T? DIDN'T THINK SO

It’s easy to spend other people’s money for things you’d like. Not you, specifically, which is why I like you. You seem to be open to putting your literal money where your mouth is, but the royal You.

26 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Nothing, as long as when the time comes we are willing to spill a little blood. 

that would come even with a balanced budget. Price of entry into this spinning marble

17 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

It’s easy to spend other people’s money for things you’d like.

Money printer doesn't need to take anything from anyone to go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That's the fun thing about imaginations

With our excess spending over the last few years, a $3.5T spending package seems irresponsible from afar. What is the real story?

We should increase the capital gains tax, increase the Corporate share of tax revenues, and decrease military spending to pay for our crumbling infrastructure.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

We should increase the capital gains tax, increase the Corporate share of tax revenues, and decrease military spending to pay for our crumbling infrastructure.

If it was fully paid for by changeouts with other expenditures such that the net impact on the economy would be the same or better, then it’s not irresponsible. But our government never does that, so o have a hard time believing they will do it this time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

SCOTUS says Trump’s “Remain in Mexico” policy remains in effect, and upholds a Texas judge who said Biden did not end the policy correctly, by being arbitrary and capricious.

No lawyer, but capricious? I thought elections had consequences.

https://www.rawstory.com/amp/supreme-court-immigration-2654781149?__twitter_impression=true

It’s easy to spend other people’s money for things you’d like. Not you, specifically, which is why I like you. You seem to be open to putting your literal money where your mouth is, but the royal You.

What I love is how so e things are like clockwork. For example, all the “conservatives” who have been fine with big spending, particular on war, suddenly become very concerned about spending as soon as their Godking leaves.

It’s funny. I’m amused.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

Funny how effective every single media outlet hating you is in terms of public approval

The Democrats do not have an outright propaganda network like the Republicans do.

• Hook 'Em 1