Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

On 9/2/2021 at 2:45 PM, Underdog said:

This should be the first and maybe only response needed... 

spacer.png

So, I saw this.  Then I saw CNBC posted the entire? video of the ceremony, which only showed Biden checking his watch at the end.

And USAToday apparently did some sort of "fact check," which would seem to be based on the video?  Then they retracted it after some cranky Gold Star Parents made a fuss.

What's the truth?

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, I saw this.  Then I saw CNBC posted the entire? video of the ceremony, which only showed Biden checking his watch at the end.

And USAToday apparently did some sort of "fact check," which would seem to be based on the video?  Then they retracted it after some cranky Gold Star Parents made a fuss.

What's the truth?

From what I can tell, he checked his watch after every soldier had passed by.  I know, it's criminal.

What's the truth?
Biden checked his watch after the vans drove away at the end of the ceremony.

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

don't worry, temps will cool off and the border will go back to being in crisis next february October

FIFmidterms

October 2022 - caravans of ISIS-K fighters disguised as migrants will be on their way if the Dems keep power!!!!! 

• Hook 'Em 1

Oh man, you're right. I can't believe my NPR news bubble didn't cover this!

Oh wait, it did. I've heard it multiple times this week. 

Maybe he should just say "fake news" and that the polls are lies.

Oh wait, that was your guy. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

Cross post from DACA thread.  

Afghanistan is the new border crisis, since the GOP can't exploit it anymore.

Another one from the "Time is a Flat Circle" file. 

https://www.axios.com/migrant-children-biden-administration-a597fd98-03a7-415c-9826-9d0b5aaba081.html

By the numbers: During the first five months of the year, care providers made 14,600 required calls to check in with migrant minors released from shelters run by the Department of Health and Human Services. These minors typically were taken in by relatives or other vetted sponsors.

• In 4,890 of those instances, workers were unable to reach either the migrant or the sponsor.
  • The percentage of unsuccessful calls grew, from 26% in January to 37% in May, the data provided to Axios showed.

The big picture: More than 65,000 unaccompanied kids crossed the border illegally during those months, and July set yet another all-time record for young border crossers. That suggests the problem of losing track of released children could be compounded in the months to come.

• The data also indicates calls aren't happening with the frequency they should. Between President Biden's inauguration and the end of May, HHS discharged 32,000 children and teens — but the government placed fewer than 15,000 follow-up calls, according to the FOIA response.
  • In both March and April, the number of kids discharged was twice as high as the number of check-in calls the following month — indicating that half of the released kids might not have gotten a 30-day call, according to public agency data.

Flashback: In 2018, the Trump administration was criticized for being unable to account for the whereabouts of around 1,500 children released from HHS shelters during a three-month period.

• There were around 4,500 such minors as of the end of May who had been released under the Biden administration.

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Another one from the "Time is a Flat Circle" file. 

https://www.axios.com/migrant-children-biden-administration-a597fd98-03a7-415c-9826-9d0b5aaba081.html

By the numbers: During the first five months of the year, care providers made 14,600 required calls to check in with migrant minors released from shelters run by the Department of Health and Human Services. These minors typically were taken in by relatives or other vetted sponsors.

• In 4,890 of those instances, workers were unable to reach either the migrant or the sponsor.
  • The percentage of unsuccessful calls grew, from 26% in January to 37% in May, the data provided to Axios showed.

The big picture: More than 65,000 unaccompanied kids crossed the border illegally during those months, and July set yet another all-time record for young border crossers. That suggests the problem of losing track of released children could be compounded in the months to come.

• The data also indicates calls aren't happening with the frequency they should. Between President Biden's inauguration and the end of May, HHS discharged 32,000 children and teens — but the government placed fewer than 15,000 follow-up calls, according to the FOIA response.
  • In both March and April, the number of kids discharged was twice as high as the number of check-in calls the following month — indicating that half of the released kids might not have gotten a 30-day call, according to public agency data.

Flashback: In 2018, the Trump administration was criticized for being unable to account for the whereabouts of around 1,500 children released from HHS shelters during a three-month period.

• There were around 4,500 such minors as of the end of May who had been released under the Biden administration.

Except the trump admin intentionally separated parents and children and intentionally lost track of them. Same same.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

This is the Joe Biden thread and I shared a poll on his performance.  That is not trolling.

Wrong? You mean like on grocery inflation? (ok, that's trolling)

Your stupid comment about it not being covered in a "media bubble" was wrong. More accurately, and outright lie. You are a liar and will be treated as such.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Your stupid comment about it not being covered in a "media bubble" was wrong. More accurately, and outright lie. You are a liar and will be treated as such.

Right, you didn’t just share it, you added stupid commentary. It’s been covered exhaustively in the media/Twitter.  He had by far the worst month of his presidency bc of Afghanistan and this COVID resurgence 

13 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Had that been shared here yet? If it had, my apologies.  Y'all don't be so sensitive.  

It's not sensitivity, it's the consistent stream of right wing "boo hoo poor us, the media is so biased against us!!!" narrative that's complete horseshit. Post shit, get shit on. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

Here you go fellas.  Understand you might not see this news in your regular media bubble

https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2021/09/08/more-americans-disapprove-joe-biden-poll

32 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It’s been covered exhaustively in the media/Twitter.

This is fucking hilarious. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

This is the Joe Biden thread and I shared a poll on his performance.  That is not trolling.

This is:  

Understand you might not see this news in your regular media bubble

I assure you my "media bubble" is wide-ranging and on balance quite objective.  But sure, you weren't trollling.

We have an extremely low bar for "trolling" if this constitutes trolling:

Understand you might not see this news in your regular media bubble [then links a critical/negative weblink]

I mean, people say this to people like Gruhorn and Onboard all those people who only watch FoxNews as well, but that's not trolling? It's a fact that there are some hyper-liberal people who will only consume hyper-liberal news in a bubble, just like those who watch only Fox and OAN or any of those what have you's.

The reflexive crying about ticky tack "trolling" would be funny if it weren't so overly sensitive and unproductive-- it's like a basketball player constantly whining and crying for a foul every single time someone touches them, when people here cry 'trolling!' because someone says something that doesn't comport with your beliefs and views...especially if the author is someone who is known to be in conflict and opposition of your specific politics and beliefs.

By doing this you are showing yourself to be no better than the LeBron James or Tim Duncan or [insert whiny sensitive baby basketball player that you hate so that you can understand and invest in the metaphor] that we all hate for doing the same crap.

Do better.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 1

I'm a "liberal" because the Overton Window has shifted so far to the right that my old centrist self isn't centrist any more.  I didn't change.

I subscribe to two media outlets:  WaPo and NYT.  I regularly (as in daily) peruse Reuters, AP and NPR.  I dip my toe into Al Jazeera for world news every once in awhile -- it's surprisingly detailed and objective.  And, I watch some CNN about once a week, which presumably puts me slightly left of Karl Marx.

Oh yeah, I sometimes watch FOX News when the zoo is closed.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I absolutely love this version of Joe “out of fucks to give, let’s do the right thing” Biden. He’s on a roll.

Distract the masses from his incredible Afghanistan failure. Fire up the mandates even tho covid is on the way down in most states

He’s a god awful president. And his “zero fucks given” narrative totally goes against his role as a uniter that he wanted to be.

Fuck him

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Distract the masses from his incredible Afghanistan failure. Fire up the mandates even tho covid is on the way down in most states

He’s a god awful president. And his “zero fucks given” narrative totally goes against his role as a uniter that he wanted to be.

Fuck him

What failure? We left a stupid pointless war and saved 125k lives. That’s Mount Rushmore worthy. 

His job is to protect Americans and grow the economy. In order to do so, vaccines are necessary in a worldwide pandemic. 

Fuck you. If you don’t like it, move. 

This isn’t even good trolling.  You cant unite people who want to stay selfish, ignorant and divided 

Every time a CR regular can’t come up with anything or substance, they play the troll card.

Arrogance is fat fuck, Turkey neck, bitch tit made for TV scientists telling you how to a stay healthy

Arrogance is bribing NYers with shake shack coupons so you can take the shot

Want to not stay divided? Tell the people “the vaccines available to everybody. We encourage everybody over 70 to get it. We encourage everybody with more than 2 comorbidities to get it.” List the fucking comorbidities that most covid deaths are associated with.

Nobody likes being told what to do. It doesn’t work when you start doubling and tripling down the stupidity when you do start telling them. You all know this.

Every time a CR regular can’t come up with anything or substance, they play the troll card.

Arrogance is fat fuck, Turkey neck, bitch tit made for TV scientists telling you how to a stay healthy

Arrogance is bribing NYers with shake shack coupons so you can take the shot

Want to not stay divided? Tell the people “the vaccines available to everybody. We encourage everybody over 70 to get it. We encourage everybody with more than 2 comorbidities to get it.” List the fucking comorbidities that most covid deaths are associated with.

Nobody likes being told what to do. It doesn’t work when you start doubling and tripling down the stupidity when you do start telling them. You all know this.

You really should post less.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Distract the masses

by working to save untold thousands of lives.  It's tabloid distraction stuff!

Really though, I wish there was some work, somewhere, toward democracy saving stuff like some anti-voter suppression work.  That has to be statutory, not one-off Prez orders.  That is really the one thing I'm measuring this presidency on, and so far it is a failure.  He's the leader of the party right now and has to yell at people in the House and Senate to make it happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

by working to save untold thousands of lives.  It's tabloid distraction stuff!

Really though, I wish there was some work, somewhere, toward democracy saving stuff like some anti-voter suppression work.  That has to be statutory, not one-off Prez orders.  That is really the one thing I'm measuring this presidency on, and so far it is a failure.  He's the leader of the party right now and has to yell at people in the House and Senate to make it happen.

Imagine having 3 vaccines, treatments, an entire year natural infections than you did a year ago and there’s still 120k more cases than sept 9, 2020.

He’s working!