Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

3 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

What’s your point though? What’s the implication you are trying to make?

Ok. Here’s the point. You are an obvious troll. Yet despite your protestations that the cloak room is full of a bunch of meanies, you’re still here trolling away because your trolling isn’t over the top so you haven’t been crowdbanned by all the cloak room meanies. 

Does that answer your question?

On 9/12/2021 at 8:31 PM, staboner said:

ugh. and our fucking school wants to get closer to the part of the country with the highest concerntration of anti-science, anti-gov folks in the country. for football money. 

If you asked my the day before the sec drop what conference we’d eventually end up in, I would’ve said “oh, easily the big 10.” Just made sense athletically and academically. I’m looking forward to the awesome football and baseball schedules we get, but man, knowing we’re teaming up with those mouth breathers makes me a little uneasy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 5:26 PM, Anastasis said:

There is a stronger public health argument for mandatory vaccination of employees of a retail shop with 99 associates with direct exposure to the public than there is for a company of 100 software engineers working from home in front of their computers. The supreme court precedents I have seen referenced related to vaccination mandates from public health entities at local and state level.  An EO using OSHA standards to mandate vaccination is novel and outside that precedent. But I guess we will see what happens.  

The fundamental issue is that the Supreme Court has not found any "fundamental right" to be free of vaccination.  It has completely accepted the public health rationale over the rights and freedoms of the to-be-vaccinated.  You're right that most of the precedents deal with more local governments, but unless there's a statutory problem with OSHA's authority, the basic argument comes down in favor of the mandate.

• Hook 'Em 3

If you asked my the day before the sec drop what conference we’d eventually end up in, I would’ve said “oh, easily the big 10.” Just made sense athletically and academically. I’m looking forward to the awesome football and baseball schedules we get, but man, knowing we’re teaming up with those mouth breathers makes me a little uneasy. 

lol

The home of Greg Abbott and Dan Patrick and Ken Paxton and Ted Cruz and John Cornyn fits right in with the SEC.

This is the kind of attitude that everyone talks behind y’all’s back about.

You’re just as mouth breathy as the rest of who live in red states.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

lol

The home of Greg Abbott and Dan Patrick and Ken Paxton and Ted Cruz and John Cornyn fits right in with the SEC.

You need to stop being right. Fuck.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The fundamental issue is that the Supreme Court has not found any "fundamental right" to be free of vaccination.  It has completely accepted the public health rationale over the rights and freedoms of the to-be-vaccinated.  You're right that most of the precedents deal with more local governments, but unless there's a statutory problem with OSHA's authority, the basic argument comes down in favor of the mandate.

Yes, but you’re forgetting that the law is just Calvinball for Republican judges.

• Hook 'Em 3

lol

About 40% of your people live on dirt (rural)

About 15% of our people live on dirt. Some of our city dwellers entrusted our government to neocons and they redrew districts so that our dirt people have more power. As an Austinite, Im represented by dirt people all the way to College Station.

Now the neocons are long gone and now the tea party dirtbags morphed into Trumpers.
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

lol

It's been an almost 100-year-long project for the State of Texas (not just UT) beginning with the Centennial Fair in 1936, which ironically berthed the Cotton Bowl and the rest of Fair Park in Dallas. There was a concerted campaign to project an image of Texas more as a Western state than Southern one. Of course, that doesn't really work unless you're talking about West Texas (my homeland).

But the same goes for the South thing too, unless you're talking East Texas on the wrong side of I-45. Then, you've got South Texas which is a whole other animal and Central Texas which is kind of a mix of South and Western...which is definitely distinct from the Deep South and really characterizes a uniquely Texas culture.

Fuck. I'm being that guy in the Carthage café, so here it goes: "Come on....Ted."

What UT has long been trying to do is be on the progressive side of things and move beyond its and our state's ugly history so we look west. It's kind of akin to the City of Atlanta's campaign starting a few decades back with the whole "New South" thing. It's why you hear the slogan "We're Texas" as a way to differentiate ourselves from the rest of the South, which Bama and Mississippi can't do. You guys are the very definition of the South.

Let me ask you as a Florida native. Is Florida a truly Southern state in the modern era?

But, yes, we have more than our fair share of mouth breathers who continue to hold us hostage to the fucking Bible Belt. I'm clearly hoping that the growth of DFW, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio finally get us there. In 2020, Trump did only get 52% of the state here after all, only one percentage point worse than Florida.

• Hook 'Em 4

32 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

lol

No I totally get it. We’ve got some evil mother fucking alums, but look at this board. We’re sick of this shit. We’re really trying. Now, you’ve had the pleasure of playing aggy. You’ve seen texag posts. Tech is pretty much west Texas Arizona state. Baylor is a cult. Tcu are the Douche’s that didn’t get into smu. I’m embarrassed and ashamed of what this state has turned into. I have no idea how the fuck this happened. But I’m stayin. Finish rebuilding Texas. Sigh. Enjoyin my Texas 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

UT isn't Texas.

UT has some shitbag alums -- Greg Abbott is near the top of the list.  But UT isn't Texas.

I'm pretty sure 'bama is Alabama.  A&M is a helluva lot more Texas than UT is.  Learn the difference.

UT is big city Texas.

A&M is rural East Texas (i.e., the South).

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

UT is big city Texas.

A&M is rural East Texas (i.e., the South).

I was commenting on this:

Most UT alums reject Greg Abbott, and certainly have no alignment with the other toads she named.

Any SEC fan who thinks UT is a mouth-breathing red state school is out of touch, and will soon find out otherwise.  Doesn't mean we're good at football, but we're not pulling off our helmets to reveal Klan hoods, either.

• Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, bolverk said:

It's been an almost 100-year-long project for the State of Texas (not just UT) beginning with the Centennial Fair in 1936, which ironically berthed the Cotton Bowl and the rest of Fair Park in Dallas. There was a concerted campaign to project an image of Texas more as a Western state than Southern one. Of course, that doesn't really work unless you're talking about West Texas (my homeland).

But the same goes for the South thing too, unless you're talking East Texas on the wrong side of I-45. Then, you've got South Texas which is a whole other animal and Central Texas which is kind of a mix of South and Western...which is definitely distinct from the Deep South and really characterizes a uniquely Texas culture.

Fuck. I'm being that guy in the Carthage café, so here it goes: "Come on....Ted."

What UT has long been trying to do is be on the progressive side of things and move beyond its and our state's ugly history so we look west. It's kind of akin to the City of Atlanta's campaign starting a few decades back with the whole "New South" thing. It's why you hear the slogan "We're Texas" as a way to differentiate ourselves from the rest of the South, which Bama and Mississippi can't do. You guys are the very definition of the South.

Let me ask you as a Florida native. Is Florida a truly Southern state in the modern era?

But, yes, we have more than our fair share of mouth breathers who continue to hold us hostage to the fucking Bible Belt. I'm clearly hoping that the growth of DFW, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio finally get us there. In 2020, Trump did only get 52% of the state here after all, only one percentage point worse than Florida.

Hook 'em.  

It's really hard the explaining culture and geography of Texas to non-Texans who have a hard time comprehending that one state can encompass so many different geographical areas with different histories and cultures.

And Fuck the SEC!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I was commenting on this:

Most UT alums reject Greg Abbott, and certainly have no alignment with the other toads she named.

Any SEC fan who thinks UT is a mouth-breathing red state school is out of touch, and will soon find out otherwise.  Doesn't mean we're good at football, but we're not pulling off our helmets to reveal Klan hoods, either.

I wasn't trying to contradict you but only trying to sharpen what you were saying in language that was running with my previous thesis that UT historically represents progress in this state while A&M represents what's holding us back. Yeah, it's way too neat, clean, and simplistic but the in-state reputations of the universities are clear: UT (liberal), A&M (conservative). UT uses symbols of moving forward into the western frontier. A&M uses poor East Texas dirt farmers in overalls mired in the muck as their image.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

About 40% of your people live on dirt (rural)

About 15% of our people live on dirt. Some of our city dwellers entrusted our government to neocons and they redrew districts so that our dirt people have more power. As an Austinite, Im represented by dirt people all the way to College Station.

Now the neocons are long gone and now the tea party dirtbags morphed into Trumpers.

Fucking Lubbock, TX would be cosmopolitan by Alabama standards. Drop Corpus in Alabama and it would be the NYC of Alabama. Our corn holes are comparable to that shitty state but unfortunately our corn holes are over represented.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

28455123e950efcae7c172cf3aba857f.jpg
emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png Catanese must be French for “stupid clown”.emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's to be proud of here? The fact that a former president is shunned to the point that he's not even invited to the 20th anniversary commemoration of America's most tragic event of (at least) my lifetime? I mean, apart from the one that happened January 6th. Or if he was invited should we praise the fact that he turned his back on those that perished that day to go for a cheap photo op? Please explain it to me like I'm five.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, what the narrative does show (and there's nothing false about the first tweet) is that Donald Trump is too much of a titty-baby, crybaby, cunt loser to show up to the official ceremony in his own home town.

Correct.  All former presidents were present at one of the official commemorations (W went to Pennsylvania) (EDIT -- I'm not sure about Carter, he's an old dude and may not go to anything these days -- but he's also not a recent POTUS).

Trump, on the other hand, needed to go someplace where his pathetic, tittybaby ego would be the only one on display, and he'd receive the adulation he so desperately needs.   The contrasting pictures only enhance the view of Trump as the most pathetic president this nation has ever had.  And the Trumpkins are too fucking dumb to realize that what they think shows them "winning" only highlights how goddawful fucking pathetic their cult and cult leader are.

It's really perfect, actually.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct.  All former presidents were present at one of the official commemorations (W went to Pennsylvania) (EDIT -- I'm not sure about Carter, he's an old dude and may not go to anything these days -- but he's also not a recent POTUS).

Trump, on the other hand, needed to go someplace where his pathetic, tittybaby ego would be the only one on display, and he'd receive the adulation he so desperately needs.   The contrasting pictures only enhance the view of Trump as the most pathetic president this nation has ever had.  And the Trumpkins are too fucking dumb to realize that what they think shows them "winning" only highlights how goddawful fucking pathetic their cult and cult leader are.

It's really perfect, actually.

it's just disgusting. 

10 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

it's just disgusting. 

Well, in part.

The cult and their cult leader are fucking pathetic.  They're the most pathetic phenomenon in American history.

That they ever held power, and now completely control an entire political party....THAT'S disgusting.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

3Nxj4DSrrARYax7apfWwBB1_mlsqVrIXhA8H_cM5

So, what, it's cool that he avoids the formal ceremony at 9/11 Memorial Plaza?  Because "he's like us"?

Or is it because he can't stomach being around the guy he LOST to and the other two-term, non-loser presidents in attendance?  Because it's not all about him?

I'm sure he spent all of about 30 minutes with the cops and firefighters, which in the abstract is a nice thing to do.  But he could have done both and you can forget any "niceness" in his motive for so doing.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

So, what, it's cool that he avoids the formal ceremony at 9/11 Memorial Plaza?  Because "he's like us"?

Or is it because he can't stomach being around the guy he LOST to and the other two-term, non-loser presidents in attendance?  Because it's not all about him?

I'm sure he spent all of about 30 minutes with the cops and firefighters, which in the abstract is a nice thing to do.  But he could have done both and you can forget any "niceness" in his motive for so doing.

Trump is an asshole.

You shouldn't wet your pants over him being an asshole.

He ignored the formal ceremony and did his own thing because, like everything, he had to make it not about the tragedy, but about himself.  He went and visited the NYPD and NYFD where he talked a bunch of shit about Biden and basically campaigned for 2024 in front of cameras.  If Obama or Biden did that every Fox viewer would be losing their shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1